News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Disone

I like the carousel idea, but how about one more step beyond. You have the traditional carousel animals, with your CGI Cave, but have
the ride on an unusually shaped track. You would begin on the carousel "round" and then like the movie you would move off, go
through the country and onto the race track to end, with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blaring in the background.
What do you think?
I have thought about that. Where from one half it looks like a carousel the back half the horses "jump" off the carousel and go through the scenes of the chalk drawings:) finally it would return to the carousel and the ride ends.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ugh.....if this REALLY isn’t a dark ride, that will be so lame.....how can anyone be hyped for a carousel or a spinner? Eyeroll.

I don't think anyone is *hyped*, but, Epcot needs more rides, especially for children. Only way to pull people away from the overcrowded MK is to beef up the other three parks. MK has 27 rides, Epcot has 10. With 2 E-Tickets en route (maybe 3 with Brazil), a few simpler rides are needed.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I don't thing anyone is *hyped*, but, Epcot needs more rides, especially for children. Only way to pull people away from the overcrowded MK is to beef up the other three parks. MK has 27 rides, Epcot has 10. With 2 E-Tickets en route (maybe 3 with Brazil), a few simpler rides are needed.
Brazil is going in where the Africa area is located?

Haymarket2008

I don't thing anyone is *hyped*, but, Epcot needs more rides, especially for children. Only way to pull people away from the overcrowded MK is to beef up the other three parks. MK has 27 rides, Epcot has 10. With 2 E-Tickets en route (maybe 3 with Brazil), a few simpler rides are needed.

I’m just saying that no one will be once its announced. Just picturing that public announcement makes me cringe.

jt04

Or...due to the amount of pushbacks...they need more to lump together with the main convention next year...

It is looking increasingly bland compared to what announced at the 2017 D23...

Except for the 50th, I doubt much new stuff for wdw will be announced. Perhaps a surprise or two for Epcot. Disneyland is due. I am surprised at how patient their fans have been.

Haymarket2008

I am sure any announcement will include a new dessert party and maybe something for the 50th.

But seriously the penguin nailed it.

I definitely agree with the variety statement. But a simple, Fantasyland-style dark ride would absolutely fit that bill. Kids don’t simply need a carousel or a spinner and that’s that. Epcot should have a bit more substance with its’ attractions.

Kman101

Wait, where has it been said that we aren't getting a dark ride?

Lol, dude, you SO jump all the time. Calm down. It's all in this thread and it's more than speculation. But no, it's not been officially confirmed. You really think they're giving us a dark ride? You have proof they will? My statement comes from those who have suggested it will be nothing more than flat ride. I don't just make stuff up and throw it out there, I talk from what I think I know based on this thread. Do people not read the entire thread? LOL.

Maybe they'll put in a pretty box and we can call it a dark ride?

Kman101

Do we have legit evidence to support this?

Look, we're all desperate for a dark ride. I think we know the reality. Let's just hope they prove us wrong. But I feel like a lot of you have missed some people suggesting it's nothing more than a flat ride. I wish they'd say either way because we keep going back and forth with the apologists who jump at everything.

jt04

Look, we're all desperate for a dark ride. I think we know the reality. Let's just hope they prove us wrong. But I feel like a lot of you have missed some people suggesting it's nothing more than a flat ride. I wish they'd say either way because we keep going back and forth with the apologists who jump at everything.

Can some favor some spinners and eventually a dark ride and not be considered an apologist?

I apologize for interrupting.

Kman101

Can some favor some spinners and eventually a dark ride and not be considered an apologist?

I apologize for interrupting.

I don't think that's an apologist. (And I shouldn't have said that in my previous post but that's what it seems like sometimes. Everything gets defended or excused and that's not seeing things clearly, IMO, but I understand it's a reaction to those they feel are hyperbolic or not being logical)

I do get tired of the words "apologist" "pixie duster" etc. Maybe we're all just passionate Disney fans who view the parks a little different from each other? :)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Lol, dude, you SO jump all the time. Calm down. It's all in this thread and it's more than speculation. But no, it's not been officially confirmed. You really think they're giving us a dark ride? You have proof they will? My statement comes from those who have suggested it will be nothing more than flat ride. I don't just make stuff up and throw it out there, I talk from what I think I know based on this thread. Do people not read the entire thread? LOL.

Maybe they'll put in a pretty box and we can call it a dark ride?
Looking back through this thread, I see a lot of speculation about a flat ride. But the various insiders haven't indicated one way or the other (at least as far as I can see). It seems to me from reading this forum and those who have a reliable reputation with rumors, that both options are still on the table....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom