News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Mac Tonight

I tried (I really did) to like Christopher Robin. But, just couldn't get into it. Maybe I really do have the attention span of a bird!
I thought it was decent overall, but couldn't help but feel like it was a bit too... "contained"? For some reason I think Disney played it very safe and didn't really let it breathe.

I could also see some people being turned off by the character designs.

IveBeenJack

So in doing research for my Mary Poppins video I stumbled across a high resolution digital version of the Cherry Tree Lane overview artwork that was shown on stage briefly at D23 Expo. And so I thought you'd all enjoy and admire the beautiful digital version instead of having to make do with a photo of the screen that showed the artwork in a low resolution blurry image. I've been assured that this artwork was created for the intention of showcasing it at D23 Expo, so weird that they never formally released it.

MP+3.jpg

()

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So in doing research for my Mary Poppins video I stumbled across a high resolution digital version of the Cherry Tree Lane overview artwork that was shown on stage briefly at D23 Expo. And so I thought you'd all enjoy and admire the beautiful digital version instead of having to make do with a photo of the screen that showed the artwork in a low resolution blurry image. I've been assured that this artwork was created for the intention of showcasing it at D23 Expo, so weird that they never formally released it.

View attachment 629073

()

I think it’s much more likely they build this now after the French expansion…

This kind “town” concept can stash/eat a lot of people and they are woefully underbuilt

TikibirdLand

View attachment 629073

()

Thanks for the great photo! I'd be SO EXCITED to walk down Cherry Tree Lane, either the MP1 or MP2 version. They could do so much with this concept. Hope springs eternal that the stars will align and this gets greenlit. But, I can dream about it instead!

castlecake2.0

View attachment 629073

()

Great photo. The facades look great but there is very limited pace behind them. Would not be able to house a show building how it is set up back there right now, curious if there were ever blue prints created for this. The red line is access for cast busses, special event transport, emergency vehicles, and deliveries. The yellow is also storage and coolers for Rose & Crown. Totally not impossible to change around Im just wondering what they would do to still allow emergency access to these areas.

1F15DCBD-9554-405D-B9F0-7D1381C5DC8D.jpeg

UNCgolf

Great photo. The facades look great but there is very limited pace behind them. Would not be able to house a show building how it is set up back there right now, curious if there were ever blue prints created for this. The red line is access for cast busses, special event transport, emergency vehicles, and deliveries. The yellow is also storage and coolers for Rose & Crown. Totally not impossible to change around Im just wondering what they would do to still allow emergency access to these areas.

View attachment 629112

I think it was supposed to go in the space south of your red marks and west of your yellow mark, eliminating the garden/gazebo. It wouldn't have needed a big show building if it was just a carousel behind the facades.

I wish they'd get rid of the "temporary" tent and use that space for something worthwhile, though.

castlecake2.0

I think it was supposed to go in the space south of your red marks and west of your yellow mark, eliminating the garden/gazebo. It wouldn't have needed a big show building if it was just a carousel behind the facades.

I wish they'd get rid of the "temporary" tent and use that space for something worthwhile, though.
Or rework the tent and make the entrance to it park of the new UK facade

aladdin2007

They could put a whole new country there if they ever actually wanted to (seems like they don't, though).
yep..if they couldn't get Brazil between Germany and Italy, one isn't happening over there either. But both the tent and the Norway meetngreet are expendable if they ever so wanted to, someday, one day,,,a day none of us will probably ever see.

Haymarket2008

View attachment 629112

@przidentkendall lays out the supposed spot in his video. Makes a lot of sense logistically and the concept art seems to indicate that the majority of the show building would be where the gazebo is and extending towards the pathway close to the International Gateway. Roughly the size of Pooh’s dark ride in MK.

IveBeenJack

@przidentkendall lays out the supposed spot in his video. Makes a lot of sense logistically and the concept art seems to indicate that the majority of the show building would be where the gazebo is and extending towards the pathway close to the International Gateway. Roughly the size of Pooh’s dark ride in MK.
The size may be a little off as the square show building component could have been smaller than that, but I spoke with a former Imagineer who had some knowledge of the project. They wouldn't give anything away really, but they did clarify that the building was a weird shape, and it did not impact the access road at the back.

castlecake2.0

The size may be a little off as the square show building component could have been smaller than that, but I spoke with a former Imagineer who had some knowledge of the project. They wouldn't give anything away really, but they did clarify that the building was a weird shape, and it did not impact the access road at the back.
Had time to watch the video now and get some answers. Hope this is actually built someday. I’m a little nervous about how well they can hide the show holding there after their carelessness with Rat, but it would definitely be a great addition.

EPCOTCenterLover

View attachment 629073

()

Thank you- and I love your videos, btw.

Haymarket2008

I’m of the mind that Mary Poppins deserves the Fantasyland dark ride treatment. I don’t think I’d want anything else. It’s the perfect amount of classic Disney nostalgia source material that lends itself to that experience.

I hope, if it gets picked up again, that it isn’t the flat ride as rumored….

etc98

Two of the buildings shown in the concept art already exist today, which at least shows where the facades would have been placed. Here’s the concept art, the existing buildings are outlined in green and yellow:

D36C09B9-C1B9-4FC4-9BDC-C4E5ECD57CD2.jpeg

The green building is unchanged from what exists now. The yellow building is shown in a different style, but has the same shape and roofline.

Here’s a satelite view with the same buildings outlined:

9DD9685F-D8A2-4C84-8483-2AC8EB8134BE.jpeg

The blue outline for the new building shows the biggest it likely could be without cutting off backstage access to the international gateway or the tent. It’s about 50,000 square feet, around the same size as ratatouille. Even if they stopped at the road and only built over where there are trees now, the building would be 23,000 square feet. As a comparison, Prince Charming carousel is 5,000 square feet under the canopy. And Peter Pan’s Flight is 18,000 square feet. So there’s plenty of space for them to do whatever they want back there really.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Two of the buildings shown in the concept art already exist today, which at least shows where the facades would have been placed. Here’s the concept art, the existing buildings are outlined in green and yellow:

View attachment 629160

The green building is unchanged from what exists now. The yellow building is shown in a different style, but has the same shape and roofline.

Here’s a satelite view with the same buildings outlined:

View attachment 629161

The blue outline for the new building shows the biggest it likely could be without cutting off backstage access to the international gateway or the tent. It’s about 50,000 square feet, around the same size as ratatouille. Even if they stopped at the road and only built over where there are trees now, the building would be 23,000 square feet. As a comparison, Prince Charming carousel is 5,000 square feet under the canopy. And Peter Pan’s Flight is 18,000 square feet. So there’s plenty of space for them to do whatever they want back there really.
Right…that’s actually a really easy expansion space as far as world showcase goes

WDWFREAK53

and why aren't the World Showplace events all moved into the vacant WOL building... or why weren't the Showplace events moved into the empty innovations building... Why would they tear down and or leave vacant huge buildings and then still use a "temporary for the Millennium Celebration" tent...?
Simple answer... "Because"
lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom