News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

TangledUpInKnots

Is it too much to hope it's a 101 dalmatians ride where I get to pet 101 dalmatian puppies? Although that would be much better than a B ride in my mind. Anyways, I'd be super excited if it were 101 dalmatians or a number of other things. I like Brave, but as my avatar suggests I'd be really sad if Brave gets a ride before Tangled (yes I know that's not British, I just mean in the parks in general)

WDW1974

@Magic Feather @marni1971 @articos @WDW1974 - any word that you can give readers about this project? or is it blue sky / armchair at this point? thank you

Last I heard, it appeared to be a done deal (but the same could be said for the Brazil pavilion and the EPCOT resort hotel). I wonder if there will be announcements around 10/1 to pretend that they give a (blank) about EPCOT's 35th anniversary!

WDW1974

Sounds like the choice of IP should be relatively surprising - there hasn't been a clear leader from synergy's perspective outside of Poppins, what with her forthcoming movie. If it's not that, then it seems they're reaching at least a short distance into the vault towards a property whose film is already released.

It is NOT Poppins. This fanboi rumor that one online 'personality' keeps trying to spread is not accurate.

HauntedMansionFLA

Last I heard, it appeared to be a done deal (but the same could be said for the Brazil pavilion and the EPCOT resort hotel). I wonder if there will be announcements around 10/1 to pretend that they give a (blank) about EPCOT's 35th anniversary!
Thanks! Can't wait till the first of October. I'll be saying your were right on the $$ again.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but will this ride takeover the area where they do the British Revolution concerts? After all my years of going to Epcot I never knew about them and once I found out about it I try to see them any chance I get. It's so good and always seems crowded when I'm there with everyone really enjoying it! Would be sad if it went away.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but will this ride takeover the area where they do the British Revolution concerts? After all my years of going to Epcot I never knew about them and once I found out about it I try to see them any chance I get. It's so good and always seems crowded when I'm there with everyone really enjoying it! Would be sad if it went away.
Its actually one of highlights after a long day at the parks, grab an Inns and Gunn and watch the British Revolution show. Good times in my mind.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't believe so but can't say for certain.

yensidtlaw1969

It is NOT Poppins. This fanboi rumor that one online 'personality' keeps trying to spread is not accurate.
Right, that was my point - Given Disney's proclivities these days it's a pleasant surprise to see that, given process of elimination, they are presumably going to use an IP that is not as "current" as Poppins will shortly be. It would have been easy for them to go with Poppins with her new movie coming, but since they aren't they must be pulling an older rabbit out of the hat.

Any hints as to what that rabbit might be, 74? Or at least what era he's from?

Princess Leia

Thanks Spirit. I really wish it was Poppins (just so Disney can reuse the GMR set), but I guess it's not to be :(

So, we're down to maybe 8 Disney IPs to guess? 9 if you throw in Bedknobs and Broomsticks (which I know isn't a real choice in 2017).

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Here's a thought- since Disney is trying to reboot the Black Cauldron, and that has a quite a bit of Celtic influence, maybe it's that?

becca_

I really think it's Alice, she already has a meet & greet over there (I think that's still happening)... Although Mary used to meet there as well so honestly I have no idea :joyfull:

Brave could be the best bet, I think. As someone from the UK, I have always found it strange that other than some Rugby shirts, there isn't any Scottish or Irish influence in the UK pavilion. Having Brave in there could do that. I have seen rumours elsewhere that it is under consideration but I have no idea what sort of attraction it could be. I would prefer Alice or Brave to Poppins, for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom