News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Magenta Panther

The Sword in the Stone was a relatively weak film, as was Robin Hood. It's hard for me to believe that TDO would invest big bucks in them as attractions.

And Black Cauldron? That was a box-office flop! (And kinda sucked in my opinion).

I don't think the Dalmatians, as delightful as they are, really have a particularly British vibe. Certainly not on the level of Alice or Poppins, or even Peter Pan.

I have a sinking feeling that the TDO's choice WILL be Brave. Also a weak film, but hey, a princess, and Pixar's gotta be in World Showcase someplace, right? (And if it is Brave I will puke).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think there's going to be a similar ride in TSL, though. I can't see them replicating it in two parks (?) Then again, who knows.

The one in TSL (Alien Swirling Saucer) is a whip ride based on Mater. The one in question that dances is Luigi's.

nickys

Premium Member
The Mary Poppins (Magical) Experience coming soon!

Relive moments of the movie in our two special attractions.

Feed the Birds - for a small up-charge, purchase a bag of bird seed to feed the birds in an authentic UK garden (City of London is too expensive to replicate).

Fly a Kite - first create your own kite and fly it just like in the movie, with giant fans to create the wind effects.

Soundtrack provided, and occasional appearances by Mary Poppins and other characters. Occasionally Dick van Dyck will make a guest appearance to provide an "authentic" (cough, splutter) Cockney masterclass.

Edit: should have said Mr van Dyck clearly ;)

Princess Leia

The Mary Poppins (Magical) Experience coming soon!

Relive moments of the movie in our two special attractions.

Feed the Birds - for a small up-charge, purchase a bag of bird seed to feed the birds in an authentic UK garden (City of London is too expensive to replicate).

Fly a Kite - first create your own kite and fly it just like in the movie, with giant fans to create the wind effects.

Soundtrack provided, and occasional appearances by Mary Poppins and other characters. Occasionally **** van Dyck will make a guest appearance to provide an "authentic" (cough, splutter) Cockney masterclass.

Edit: should have said Mr van Dyck clearly ;)
I like how you just combined his first and last names to create a name that won't be censored :D

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Musik Expres....lol...I can't think of anything more carny-trash than that... Hopefully it will not be Mary Poppin's Practically Perfect Musik Express...lol

Well I mean, it's been done already by Disney and the results while crappy certainly don't look like carny-trash. It could be done well. Gotta think outside the box bro. Just because it's a carny ride doesn't mean it would be carny-themed. Look what they were able to achieve with a Whip ride.

Bocabear

but a Musik Express!?!?! Is there any way you could even conceive of a way to theme this where it would not be a Musik Express? (or the old Himalaya)? It would be what it would be.... Make it a giant spinning umbrella for Mary Poppins or a rampaging Cheshire Cat for Alice? it would still be a Musik Express...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
but a Musik Express!?!?! Is there any way you could even conceive of a way to theme this where it would not be a Musik Express? (or the old Himalaya)? It would be what it would be.... Make it a giant spinning umbrella for Mary Poppins or a rampaging Cheshire Cat for Alice? it would still be a Musik Express...

And a Scrambler is still a Scrambler until it's enclosed, beefed up and given screenz to make it a multi-million dollar space mission ride. I tossed this idea out there because you can get a lot of mileage out of retheming classic rides.

Bender123

And a Scrambler is still a Scrambler until it's enclosed, beefed up and given screenz to have riders complete multi-million dollar missions. I tossed this idea out there because you can get a lot of mileage out of retheming classic rides.

For as much as we hate on off the shelf rides, Splash is a upscale log flume, Space Mountain is just a low end roller coaster in the dark, Star Tours is a scaled up simulator.

Its always much more than just the ride system, its what they do to "plus" it that makes the difference between Disney quality and Six Flags.

peter11435

https://goo.gl/images/EoeipN

For the record I am in no way condoning this or implying it is or should be coming. Just pointing out that they have done it before. Twice.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom