News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sped2424

Cherry Tree Lane art showcased! Bob Chapek mentioned we will be able to walk into the Banks family home and go on an adventure with mary with more details on that to come. Meaning I don't think this is a spinner and instead a nice dark ride is being thought up! Based off the art it looks like Trip a little light and some lamp lighters might make an appearance in the area. This is truly amazing!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So much for the insider information of a carousel
@Sirwalterraleigh
Dude...don’t get me started.

This slate of announcements today is exactly what should be expected if you look at the economic climate and recent history...we should not have expected anything more.

I actually like the poppins thing...but the movie last year was a near flop...so it’s curious then went forward with it?

Capsin4

I'd disagree with that, on the boards we knew poppins was coming but the idea was a spinner or something very very minimal. What was shown and discussed was something much grander than hinted here.
I just saw the article that said “ride and neighborhood no details provided”.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

This slate of announcements today is exactly what should be expected if you look at the economic climate and recent history...we should not have expected anything more.

I actually like the poppins thing...but the movie last year was a near flop...so it’s curious then went forward with it?

To be fair, he made it sound like it was going to be based on the original and not Returns.

UNCgolf

It wasn't REALLY a flop. It just seems that way because of the massive blockbusters that bring in a billion dollars and have skewed everything for everyone. No one should have ever expected it do to those kind of numbers and it absolutely made money for Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It wasn't REALLY a flop. It just seems that way because of the massive blockbusters that bring in a billion dollars and have skewed everything for everyone. No one should have ever expected it do to those kind of numbers and it absolutely made money for Disney.
It made $325 million worldwide...less than Solo

The reason why it isn’t labeled a flop is because of lower production and promotion budgets.

But In today’s Hollywood...That’s a flop.

And the reason is they made a straight, sequence by sequence remake.

Minions made $1.1 billion...in comparison

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom