• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, wasn't the original boat road in Mexico modeled slightly after the Delta rides (thinking of the last part when the people "haggled" with you to buy stuff.

**Sorry, I see this was discussed and now I see references to that in the youtube video above.**
Yep. There was similarity with the 'Wings policeman / flamingoes corridor (what drugs were they on?)

Missing20K

Advertisement
If they move forward with this Mary Poppins attraction, it will probably be a carousel that will open in Summer 2019 for their Summer promotion that year. After all, I believe Bob Chapek said he wants to make Epcot more Disney.
If true.....yuck.

nickys

Premium Member
So this is not true, correct? Sorry I didn’t mean to contribute to spreading misinformation.
There are plans for a ride in the U.K. First it was possibly to be Mary Poppins, as in it was one of the options. Then they settled on Brave. Then it was reversed and now it's to be Mary Poppins again. And we have sources saying it will likely be a dark ride.

That's just about where we are. I think!

splash1988

Sorry in advance since I know this has been addressed somewhere in this thread, but just so I'm clear. Is it looking fairly certain that a Mary Poppins ride is coming?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry in advance since I know this has been addressed somewhere in this thread, but just so I'm clear. Is it looking fairly certain that a Mary Poppins ride is coming?
Yes.

But... Disney always has the option of killing something, even if it's been budgeted and greenlit and announced and they even started prepping the site. It's happened before, quite recently, in fact, with regard to Main Street Theater.

splash1988

Yes.

But... Disney always has the option of killing something, even if it's been budgeted and greenlit and announced and they even started prepping the site. It's happened before, quite recently, in fact, with regard to Main Street Theater.
Thank you for saving me the time of reviewing all these pages of thread. And yes, unfortunately that's always an option. It was a shame about the Main Street Theater. I think it would have been a great addition.

Oriolesmagic

Originally the theme was another IP. Then Poppins was favoured but recently there’s been some creative issues. At this time, if the issue don’t escalate the ride should open at the start of 2021.
Not sure how much you know here, Marni. Are the issues related to using the new Poppins versus the old?

Timothy_Q

Originally the theme was another IP. Then Poppins was favoured but recently there’s been some creative issues. At this time, if the issue don’t escalate the ride should open at the start of 2021.
So if things go smoothly, for an early 2021 opening, should we expect construction still this year?

TimeDuck

I don’t know when construction would start.
Quick general question about the process, do the in-depth proposals start before or after the official, internal "greenlight". For example, are there a bunch of blue-sky concept arts and a theoretical ride system first, or are there already "functional" schematics for this proposal drawn up and ready to go.

I'm sure every project might be different but just curious how far some of this stuff gets.

Top Bottom