News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Oriolesmagic

Originally the theme was another IP. Then Poppins was favoured but recently there’s been some creative issues. At this time, if the issue don’t escalate the ride should open at the start of 2021.

Not sure how much you know here, Marni. Are the issues related to using the new Poppins versus the old?

Timothy_Q

Originally the theme was another IP. Then Poppins was favoured but recently there’s been some creative issues. At this time, if the issue don’t escalate the ride should open at the start of 2021.
So if things go smoothly, for an early 2021 opening, should we expect construction still this year?

TimeDuck

I don’t know when construction would start.

Quick general question about the process, do the in-depth proposals start before or after the official, internal "greenlight". For example, are there a bunch of blue-sky concept arts and a theoretical ride system first, or are there already "functional" schematics for this proposal drawn up and ready to go.

I'm sure every project might be different but just curious how far some of this stuff gets.

Haymarket2008

Well, @marni1971 thank you for clearing up a lot of the confusion! An exciting project, I must say. I’m severely conflicted about the thematic integrity of its’ placement in this park, as we all hopefully are, but this should be a positive addition. I hope.

Disone

Just catching up on this thread. I'm glad Mary Poppins is back in the lead over Brave. I like them both but Cherry Tree Lane looks like it could be just a few meters down the road from the UK Pavilion. Brave maybe a story that takes place in Ireland but the aesthetics of the movie do not match that of the UK Pavilion.

Aries1975

Just catching up on this thread. I'm glad Mary Poppins is back in the lead over Brave. I like them both but Cherry Tree Lane looks like it could be just a few meters down the road from the UK Pavilion. Brave maybe a story that takes place in Ireland but the aesthetics of the movie do not match that of the UK Pavilion.

As a "ginger" American of Irish descent, I would love to claim Merida as Irish, but I'm fairly sure she is Scottish. And as fun as an archery styled "mania" could be, Cherry Tree Lane would fit more with the "London" architectural style of the UK Pavilion.

tonymu

Premium Member
Guess it's time to start praying for no escalation.........

mikejs78

Premium Member
As a "ginger" American of Irish descent, I would love to claim Merida as Irish, but I'm fairly sure she is Scottish. And as fun as an archery styled "mania" could be, Cherry Tree Lane would fit more with the "London" architectural style of the UK Pavilion.
Since when does the attraction have to fit the exact architectural style of the pavillion? Did Maelstrom? Honestly it would have been nice for an attraction that showcased a different part of UK culture besides London...

Disone

My apologies.... She is Scottish. I was half asleep.

cjkeating

I love how it feels like so many projects seem to go..

Build ride so it is ready for release of movie... change plans... procrastinate... wait for box office success... movie beats expectations/meets expecatatinos/is below expectations... move on to future movie release as moment has passed.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Just a thought about this...If the next movie is "successful" will there be a change of the meet & greet appearance of Mary herself or would they continue the same look from the original film?
mary-poppins-returns-emily-blunt-1520211134.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom