News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Professortango1

Both of those are design flaws that were identified in 1998/99 and remain to this day due to the high operational costs/unwillingness to go deeper financially.

Elephants and joe rohde nonsense ain't cheap

Yep, when we went last summer we were so underwhelmed with AK. Many of exhibits were closed, the trails around the tree were roped off, and Everest wasn't terrible, but nothing amazing either. We wanted to stick around for the nighttime atmosphere, but we got tired of killing time. We had done the entire park by 1:30 and were just looking for anything to do. After walking on Everest 3 times in a row, we just decided to grab a meal and head out.

peter11435

Yep, when we went last summer we were so underwhelmed with AK. Many of exhibits were closed, the trails around the tree were roped off, and Everest wasn't terrible, but nothing amazing either. We wanted to stick around for the nighttime atmosphere, but we got tired of killing time. We had done the entire park by 1:30 and were just looking for anything to do. After walking on Everest 3 times in a row, we just decided to grab a meal and head out.
I’m aware of the trails around the tree that were closed and have since reopened but what other exhibits were closed?

Professortango1

I’m aware of the trails around the tree that were closed and have since reopened but what other exhibits were closed?

Both walking trails (India/Africa) had exhibits closed for upkeep/refurbishment. While I don't think any one of these exhibits being opened would have occupied the hours we were looking to kill, it just meant we finished each walking trail attraction about 10-15 minutes sooner than we normally would have. When your park is barely a half day park, cutting 30 minutes off the attractions which are open doesn't help.

jaxonp

Both walking trails (India/Africa) had exhibits closed for upkeep/refurbishment. While I don't think any one of these exhibits being opened would have occupied the hours we were looking to kill, it just meant we finished each walking trail attraction about 10-15 minutes sooner than we normally would have. When your park is barely a half day park, cutting 30 minutes off the attractions which are open doesn't help.

Did you see Nemo and the Lion King?

peter11435

If you're a frequent (once every year or two) then nemo and lion king don't need to have that many multiple viewings. Maybe once every other trip tops, unless you have a kid obsessed with one or both of those movies..
I’ve never understood why people feel like shows such as FOLK are not repeatable but they have no problem riding attractions like Haunted Mansion multiple times. The rides are going to be the same each and every time.

wannabeBelle

I’ve never understood why people feel like shows such as FOLK are not repeatable but they have no problem riding attractions like Haunted Mansion multiple times. The rides are going to be the same each and every time.
Agreed Peter I love live shows such as FOLK, and a lot of the live music performances. I can spend an entire afternoon at the Mill Stage in Canada watching Alberta Bound ( and have!!) Marie

rle4lunch

Fair point. I feel that way sometimes about the classics.

Professortango1

I think certain shows are repeatable, it just depends on the show. I watched Aladdin many times before it closed as it stood up as a strong show. I also enjoy the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We also made a point to see the Horror Make Up show at Universal Orlando 3 times in one vacation as the show was incredibly repeatable. Festival of the Lion King left us cold as it's just the parade floats from the old Disneyland parade and not all the singing is even live. I'd probably see Nemo again; it wasn't my favorite but I do enjoy puppetry.

peter11435

I think certain shows are repeatable, it just depends on the show. I watched Aladdin many times before it closed as it stood up as a strong show. I also enjoy the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We also made a point to see the Horror Make Up show at Universal Orlando 3 times in one vacation as the show was incredibly repeatable. Festival of the Lion King left us cold as it's just the parade floats from the old Disneyland parade and not all the singing is even live. I'd probably see Nemo again; it wasn't my favorite but I do enjoy puppetry.
All of the main vocals in FOLK are performed live.

Professortango1

Do note this is the same person who claims Magic Kingdom is no more than a half day park and that Orlando's TOT would have been a better fit for Guardians then the Anaheim one.

Well, I'm speaking of when we visited too. When we visited in late summer, Magic Kingdom was a half day park. And that's for going with a first timer. We did just about everything in a few hours, including Stitch and The Lilly Belle. When I take my girlfriend back, we'll probably skip several things that I felt obligated to show her (Lilly Belle, Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Transit, Tomorrowland Speedway, Enchanted Stories with Belle, Country Bears, Voyage of the Little Mermaid.)

I also still do believe that Florida's TOT is a better fit for Guardians because of the space for show scenes/AA's on the attraction as well as the park changing so drastically from a Hollywood themed park to an IP park. Doesn't mean I don't like Tower or that I even like the GOTG layover they did in Anaheim; just means that the bones of the Florida version allow more opportunities than the Anaheim one allowed.

Professortango1

All of the main vocals in FOLK are performed live.

Not the opening of Circle of Life. The very beginning of the show has a bunch of actors on stage and then we hear canned vocals. Such a misstep. Plus, all of the Timon shtick is pre-recorded and very flat. Wish they could have had a performer as Timon and allowed them to play with the audience rather than a face character.

peter11435

Not the opening of Circle of Life. The very beginning of the show has a bunch of actors on stage and then we hear canned vocals. Such a misstep. Plus, all of the Timon shtick is pre-recorded and very flat. Wish they could have had a performer as Timon and allowed them to play with the audience rather than a face character.
There is some recorded vocals but as I said all of the main vocals are live. The four main performers are singing live.

Professortango1

There is some recorded vocals but as I said all of the main vocals are live. The four main performers are singing live.

True. I didn't think it was the worst thing ever, but I also had the show built up way to much from others. I think it would fit in Camp Minnie and Mickey much better than in the hyper realistic world of Harambe. I was hoping for a theme park version of the Broadway show with theatricality and some kid-friendly interplay. Instead, its a weird hybrid of the Disneyland parade and the puppet show they used to have in Magic Kingdom. Didn't work for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom