Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

EricJ

Well the first version of New Fantasyland was pretty much nothing but M&Gs cause that's what the people seem to want, but some executive's 12 year old son wanted a roller coaster instead

Ohhh, no: It wasn't "three different M&G's"....It was three different "Belle's Story Time"'s.
(Aurora would have opened her sweet-sixteen cards that little-girl guests would have written for her, and Cindy and the Fairy Godmother would have done the dress quick-change on stage. And yeah, I think it would have been the one that couple did on America's Got Talent; I STILL can't figure out how they did it.)
Think about how many fans threw tantrums over the Belle Storytime we got, just because it "wasn't an E-ride" like they were picturing, and then multiply that times three.

Not to mention, everyone felt Snow White was being snubbed for not getting any attraction. THAT meant war. :bored:
(But, y'know, I still think they should have gone with the Pixie Hollow tree. That at least would have stayed around, and the Adventureland spot just doesn't make any sense.)

PrincessNelly_NJ

This was posted on the DIS. A still from a video showing the line early this morning.... No way you would catch me there!
98ecd88a5eb57093ca1f83aa3f406cc5_zpseeb5356e.jpg

Weather_Lady

Well the first version of New Fantasyland was pretty much nothing but M&Gs cause that's what the people seem to want, but some executive's 12 year old son wanted a roller coaster instead
Imagineering-Disney-Blog_-fantasyland-model_LG.jpg

I confess, my 30-something husband and I (as well as our 5-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son) much prefer the rollercoaster, as well, and we were grateful when the original plans were shelved. A whole land devoted to meet-and-greets? Why bother when there's Comic Con? ;)

Weather_Lady

This was posted on the DIS. A still from a video showing the line early this morning.... No way you would catch me there!

Ugh, me neither! I don't dislike M&Gs as a whole, but I don't see why anyone would wait more than 20 minutes for one. Still, there is no excuse for that line. WDW knew full well that people were excited (or crazy) enough to stand in line for 3 or more hours to meet Anna/Elsa, because guests were doing that every day when A&E were in Norway. Moving them to PFTH wasn't going to lessen demand, so why did WDW fail to take steps before their arrival to: (1) divide their rooms in PFTH to double the number of Annas & Elsas that could be greeting at one time; (2) extend their hours from park opening to closing; and (3) reconfigure the lines in PFTH or if that was impossible, set up an entirely different location for them with a large, extended queue? Any and all of these things could have been accomplished before the princesses came to the Magic Kingdom. Instead, it looks like WDW has carelessly allowed an already-cramped area of Fantasyland to become a huge traffic jam.

IWantMyMagicBand

Where do y'all see that? Am I just looking at the wrong place on the MDE app?
I saw it on Twitter about 3pm, it was retweeted by someone I follow (an actual picture). Could have been the guy who put the pic up of walls down at 7dmt? I've tried going back over Twitter but have you ever tried going back over 6 hours on there?
EDIT: 3pm UK time so 10am?

IWantMyMagicBand

Ugh, me neither! I don't dislike M&Gs as a whole, but I don't see why anyone would wait more than 20 minutes for one. Still, there is no excuse for that line. WDW knew full well that people were excited (or crazy) enough to stand in line for 3 or more hours to meet Anna/Elsa, because guests were doing that every day when A&E were in Norway. Moving them to PFTH wasn't going to lessen demand, so why did WDW fail to take steps before their arrival to: (1) divide their rooms in PFTH to double the number of Annas & Elsas that could be greeting at one time; (2) extend their hours from park opening to closing; and (3) reconfigure the lines in PFTH or if that was impossible, set up an entirely different location for them with a large, extended queue? Any and all of these things could have been accomplished before the princesses came to the Magic Kingdom. Instead, it looks like WDW has carelessly allowed an already-cramped area of Fantasyland to become a huge traffic jam.
This is where (and I know I'm in for a flaming for this) I do not get why grown ups wait to meet grown ups in costume. Take out the grown ups without kids and the line will halve. Grown ups without kids in that line have no right to moan about cranky kids in that line, there cranky because they are waiting for grown ups to do little in jokes with grown ups in costume. Our cinema has stopped letting adults into kids films unless they are accompanied by a child, maybe WDW should do the same while lines are crazy?

tl77

;)[/QUOTE]

Roller coasters are wonderful, but the location of this roller coaster is not so good IMO... but while you and your family are waiting in the giant line for the new rollercoaster you'll probably be able to see the giant line of people waiting to meet princesses, feel free to let them know about comic con, I'm sure they'll appreciate it ;)

IWantMyMagicBand

Yikes, what country do YOU live in?
(I've heard of some kids under 25 who like Pixar films, I've only met a few, though.)
The UK. I actually agree with it. I go to some pretty heavy grooming workshops to protect children (a discussion not to be had here). As a grown up, before I had kids, I didn't do meet and greets (because I'm a grown up) or watch kids films in cinema, waited til they came onto sky (cable).

BigTxEars

I could careless if Granny Clampett was inline ahead of me for a M&G, she paid her money just like I did. Now I would prefer to be behind Elly May in line but you get the point........ :)

And a movie theater blocking adults....yeah that would be the last time I saw any movie there.

Last edited:

EricJ

The UK. I actually agree with it. I go to some pretty heavy grooming workshops to protect children (a discussion not to be had here). As a grown up, before I had kids, I didn't do meet and greets (because I'm a grown up) or watch kids films in cinema, waited til they came onto sky (cable).

But I thought European countries were the only ones who were still going to those obnoxious CGI Ice Age and Madagascar sequels with neurotic furry animals in them! Are the other countries actually trying to keep viewers out of them now? ;)

BigTxEars

What is a "heavy grooming workshop to protect children" ? Not familiar with what that is.

IWantMyMagicBand

What is a "heavy grooming workshop to protect children" ? Not familiar with what that is.
How to protect our children against Paedophiles and Hebephiles, in person and online. They like to go to places where children will be - like Theme Parks. As I said - a conversation not to be had here but something to think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom