Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

BigTxEars

Guests weren't really asking for the Epcot after hours event. Guests are clearly asking for a shorter line to see Anna and Elsa. Do you think for a second that character Dining with Anna and Elsa wouldn't be booked quicker than the After Hours Wind Down event?

I am sure it would be way more popular but that does not change the fact that a breakfast ADR for the Frozen gals and the ADRs for drinks and nibbles at the WS are the same thing in context. Guest saying to WDW you are offering food, drink and other perks for my $ and I want to do that. Then they make a ADR to do so.

As far as guest not asking for it, clearly none of us know what request WDW gets from their guest. I would guess a few folks have asked for something like the wind down before.

cw1982

I've thought that adding them to Akershus would be a good idea, but I'm under the impression that that meal fills pretty well (not as quickly as Cindy's castle, but still being generally unavailable day of). I have't tried to book there, so maybe someone else can comment on the demand.

Of course, Disney could still monitize it by making it more like the castle -- do a price fix setup that involved a picture with Anna and Elsa and included photo package. I think that would make more money while still increasing demand for Akershus, while releaving some of the pressure on PFTH.

I'm 40 days out from our trip, and while CRT is booked solid, I can still get ADR's at Akershus for any day of my trip. The times are limited, but they are available.

doctornick

Hiring two friends/hour to replace one friend at Ak might not even BE cost-efficient, regardless of how high sales at Ak go up.

I would think that if they added Anna and Elsa to Akershus that they would be replacing two of the current princesses, not one. I don't think the total number of princesses would need to increase.

RSoxNo1

I am sure it would be way more popular but that does not change the fact that a breakfast ADR for the Frozen gals and the ADRs for drinks and nibbles at the WS are the same thing in context. Guest saying to WDW you are offering food, drink and other perks for my $ and I want to do that. Then they make a ADR to do so.

As far as guest not asking for it, clearly none of us know what request WDW gets from their guest. I would guess a few folks have asked for something like the wind down before.
The point is to make money, no? This is a way to get money out of the highest demand thing in WDW right now. This is a far better financial decision than the Epcot After Hours thing.

DancingPhoenix

I'm actually so sad that the only way to see Belle is from her "ride". Belle is my favorite and even when you are picked to be in the story you only get a quick picture but no real interaction. I'm glad I can still see her regularly at Epcot but her new dress is just so pretty I'd love to see it more often for M&Gs. Belle and Snow White are my favorites so it looks like I'm up a creek without a paddle when it comes to those two!

DancingPhoenix

Ow, Kida yeah that's rough! At least it's not Eilonwy :p

I agree about the generations and what comes out in them, while still a huge Disney fan I just haven't gotten into the newer princesses as much as the ones that were around when I was a kid. I do fear that all the new princesses like Rapunzel/Merida/Anna/Elsa will edge out the older girls eventually, but hopefully not until long after I'm worm food.

eastvillage

Guests weren't really asking for the Epcot after hours event. Guests are clearly asking for a shorter line to see Anna and Elsa. Do you think for a second that character Dining with Anna and Elsa wouldn't be booked quicker than the After Hours Wind Down event?

I think guests are definitely asking for Epcot to be open later hours, I'm just not sure the after hours wind down event is the best way of handling it...but it is a step in the right direction.

Also, there should be plenty of activities at Epcot. Dining with A&E might be attractive to families with children, while the after hours event is better for adults. How about we have both??? :happy:

Matt_Black

Ow, Kida yeah that's rough! At least it's not Eilonwy :p

I agree about the generations and what comes out in them, while still a huge Disney fan I just haven't gotten into the newer princesses as much as the ones that were around when I was a kid. I do fear that all the new princesses like Rapunzel/Merida/Anna/Elsa will edge out the older girls eventually, but hopefully not until long after I'm worm food.

See, now, while I like the older princesses, the newer ones are really awesome too, especially from a meet & greet standpoint, at least for some. For my money, Rapunzel might be consistently one of the most fun princesses to meet; if you give her a prompt of some kind, and she'll take it and run with it. Merida is really cool too, though I admit some bias with that, as I'm a sucker for a girl with a Scottish accent.

BigTxEars

The point is to make money, no? This is a way to get money out of the highest demand thing in WDW right now. This is a far better financial decision than the Epcot After Hours thing.

True enough, if it had to be one or the other. But they can do both as they have zero impact on each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom