Anna and Elsa - Just Plain Ridiculous.

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
Since there is such a demand to see these characters I dont understand why they don't have Elsa & Anna at Magic Kingdom and keep them in Epcot as well. Sort of like they do with Mickey at the Character Spot and on Main St. At least until the demand dies down a bit.
Although I agree with you, you can't necessarily compare Anna and Elsa to Mickey. I mean come on... Of course Mickey is going to be in multiple parks. He IS Mickey Mouse!

AngieTink27

I'm trying to understand what motivates an adult willfully spend 4 hours standing in a line to meet for a few brief moments a couple of 20 something female face characters that are imitating animated film characters. (And pretty poorly, those wigs are about the worst Disney hair pieces I've ever seen.)
To each their own but I don't want to take up valuable ride/show time to meet a person in a costume that is going to say hello and take a picture lol. Just not worth it to me personally.
When it comes to disney magic either you get it or you do not.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
When it comes to disney magic either you get it or you do not.

Meh, I don't even know how to respond to that.

The magic of an outdoor queue for 4 hours that isn't themed or even a real queue. The average guest spends 7.5 hours in a park each day. A ticket is around $95. The Magic of Anna & Elsa's queue is $12.66/hr or
$50.66 to experience a queue. If we break out the minute or two to actually meet and have a photo a single person spends $49 to experience a queue. Multiple that by how many people in their family/party are also experiencing the queue.

The statistics are in favor of Disney and their magical stockholders. A few ropes, a couple of CM's and zero attraction infrastructure. Iger has to love this along with his board.

AndyS2992

This has probably been said before but I just had a funny thought.

At a M&G with Elsa, what would she do if a kid asked her to use her powers or ask why the Autograph book and pen wasn't freezing whilst she held it? lol

sabbyxxo

O
Does anyone else agree with me that the Anna and Elsa M&G is just plain ridiculous? While I was in Epcot last month, the wait was up to 4 hours. I waited a little over 3 for Oogie Boogie at Unleash the Villains, but that was a special occasion. Does anyone else think it isn't worth it to meet up with the characters from Frozen? Plus, now that they're moving to MK where Fastpass+ is available, I think it's getting even more out of hand. Maybe it's just me, but I'm using a Fastpass on a ride, not to see the princesses.
Oh, the lines are insane! But it's good for the kids who must see the princesses, and great for us who want to get on more rides! Less of a line! Plus, the line has to die down in a couple years. Or just show up wayyy early :p

AllydoesDisney

This has probably been said before but I just had a funny thought.

At a M&G with Elsa, what would she do if a kid asked her to use her powers or ask why the Autograph book and pen wasn't freezing whilst she held it? lol
They know how to respond properly. For instance, I asked Rapunzel where Flynn was and she said "He's back at the palace with Maximus today"

BigTxEars

I'm trying to understand what motivates an adult willfully spend 4 hours standing in a line to meet for a few brief moments a couple of 20 something female face characters that are imitating animated film characters. (And pretty poorly, those wigs are about the worst Disney hair pieces I've ever seen.)

And I am not speaking of the creepity that every so often those poor princesses have to endure, deriving a different type of pleasure by getting close to a princess for a moment of flirting and posing for a picture with them. That is a whole different type of guest. :facepalm: I am always so uncomfortable having to witness those encounters.

Because we want too :) You wanna know how many people think it's weird for adults to love WDW and go there without kids? A bunch.

I ain't ashamed, I love the M&Gs!

cw1982

OK...I will say it...I want to be int he picture too! :0

In fact I am 61 days today, so I am planning to stay up till midnight tonight and book just one FP+, this one :)

You suck! I'm 62 days out LOL... I guess I'll be staying up until midnight tomorrow.

Having said that, I didn't realize our trips were that closely scheduled. How funny!

cw1982

Because we want too :) You wanna know how many people think it's weird for adults to love WDW and go there without kids? A bunch.

I probably won't do any of the M&G's that require long waits, but if I happen to be able to get in a short line to meet a few characters here or there, I'm not promising to turn the other way either ;)

Matt_Black

You're never too old to be young.

And, I don't think the greeters and attendants get enough credit. I was in line to meet Gaston, who hadn't come out yet, and the greeter was asking us at the front of the line about our trip thus far. I mentioned that on the day before I got on to the American Idol Experience show. The greeter then asked me if I knew the Gaston song. I sang the first line, and then she cut me off- "Give me your camera when he comes out, you are ABSOLUTELY singing for him."

So, I sang the opening bit, and the Gaston and I attempted to lead the guests into a sing-a-long which failed because no knew the words. He played it to the hilt. "Oh, come on!"

Potter

Wish there were ways to cut the line down for the people who really want to though, I feel like no one really deserves to have to wait 4 hours :/

Banning adults from M&G's would do it. Adults in line for a M&G is the equivalent of a child wanting to play on a swing set but can't because a bunch of adults are hogging it. We gave up M&G's due this selfishness and instead book a couple of character meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom