An unofficial April 2008 thread!

sbkline

I didn't want to flatter myself by thinking I'm important enough to be able to use the word "official" in any of my thread topics, but as I'm sitting here bored at home on my day off, I thought I'd see who else is going in April.

I know it's 8 long months away, but I thought it would be neat to see who all is going and maybe we could arrange some meetings...either a big group meeting, or just a bunch of one on one meetings among different people who are going to be there at the same time.

I'm planning for April 13-21. What about anyone else?

JohnByers

not a single overlapping date yet! too funny.

I am going with the family for the first time. ASM Family Suites April 6-12. I am a teacher so spring break time for me as well as my DS who will be in first grade.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I didn't want to flatter myself by thinking I'm important enough to be able to use the word "official" in any of my thread topics, but as I'm sitting here bored at home on my day off, I thought I'd see who else is going in April.

I know it's 8 long months away, but I thought it would be neat to see who all is going and maybe we could arrange some meetings...either a big group meeting, or just a bunch of one on one meetings among different people who are going to be there at the same time.

I'm planning for April 13-21. What about anyone else?

Just curious, are you bringing the little one this trip?

Have a great trip! We aren't going until October 2008.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Just curious, are you bringing the little one this trip?

No, we still think he's too little. And before anyone jumps on me, take note that I did say "WE". :lol: My wife prefers not to take a child this young either.

I figure we'll have to skip 2009, if all goes according to plan, since we will start trying to have our second child next year on or after vacation. So the next time we may possibly be able to go after next year would be 2010, when he's almost 4. We might consider him old enough to take then, but then we'd have to leave the new baby at home with Grandma. One of these days, Lord Willing, we'll make a trip down there with all the kids. :)

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We'll be there from April 12th-19th. We're planning on meeting up with a certain other member of WDWMagic...:animwink: :wave:

Ya, that's gonna be awesome. :wave:

Oh, by the way, I keep meaning to tell you...you really need to update your profile to show your next trip. :D

Upvote 0

scorp111

April 25-May 3 for us. Would love to say hi to anyone else at WDW at the same time! :)

We will be down there at the same time.

We will arrive on 25th and depart on the 4th (once we book our flights).
We will be spending 7 nights at AKL, and a couple of nights on either end, somewhere else on site.

As it gets closer, we could definitely arrange a meeting.:)

Upvote 0

F'nGoofy

We are going on the Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise on April 12-19. This is going to be our first time on a cruise of any type. I also think we are going to head over to WDW on the 19th to the 20th, seeing as the ship gets back in at 7:45 in the morning Saturday.

Upvote 0

Sadiebird

We plan on going the week of April 13th. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, which is on the 18th!

I wonder if they'll do something special for the Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary while we're there?

Upvote 0

janni518

We're not going until May 21-28 but I'm happy to see someone else as obsessed as I am. It's been 7 years since we last went. Our kids are teens now.

Hope it's everything you're dreaming of! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Philo

I'll be there from the 14th April for my honeymoon!!!!

We're staying at the AKL from the 14th till the 20th (I think) and then at the WL till the 25th

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We're not going until May 21-28 but I'm happy to see someone else as obsessed as I am.

I don't think my wife is happy that I'm so obsessed. :lol:

It's been 7 years since we last went. Our kids are teens now.

Hope it's everything you're dreaming of! :sohappy:

I hope so. This will be our 5th trip there together and our 2nd on property. Hopefully we'll go at a slower pace this time so my wife can enjoy it more this time around without be dragging her around so much. LOL

I hope you and your family have a great time, too. And I'm sure you will. :wave:

Upvote 0

JohnByers

Just got my confirmation paperwork on my trip April 6-12. The official countdown begins!

So much to do, ADR's to plan and prepare for. Spreadsheet to fill out!

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

DISMOM

We hope to go the end of April or the beginning of May depending on our tax return, how much homework 4th and 6th grade brings in, the teachers' reactions about missing a week of school, [yes, we are the people who have taken our kids out of school twice for, ..what..?? Disney??!!], a great Disney Visa offer, ect... Lots of variables these days. I don't know how to update my signature to put in our past and future trips...oh, well.

1987 DL [myself], 1979 WDW [husband], 04 WL, 06 WL, 08??maybe??? fingers are crossed!

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

We'll be there April 27th - May 2nd at Beach CLub Villas. We'll probably add some days on at the beginning or end of our trip depending on any AP rates at that time.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Just got my confirmation paperwork on my trip April 6-12. The official countdown begins!

So much to do, ADR's to plan and prepare for. Spreadsheet to fill out!

:ROFLOL:

Cool, maybe that means I'll be getting my confirmation paperwork soon. I booked through Kingdom Konsultants a few Sunday's ago..the first day that packages were available for booking. I thought I'd have had my paperwork by now, but maybe the holdup is that Disney sends it to KK first and then KK sends it to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom