An Explorer's Notes: Magic Kingdom and World News and Pictures

WDW1974

Waiting for Wishes was quite a hassle, though...We had to be moved to the other side of the Hub, as we were too close to the Castle. Moving there was very disorganised as everyone is leaving the park at the same time. Also...Trash pickup was going on at this time!:mad: Bad show, and kinda gross to have custodial picking up all the trash cans right in front of us while we were waiting.

I think it's great they were doing that. It's much better than what I've seen where cans overflow and trash is all over the place. I know it may not have been convenient for you, but one is still better than the other.

And now...for Wishes... WOW. First time I have seen the show properly! In the past, I always ended up being in FL, TL, or the Poly. What a treat it was to get the full experience of being RIGHT in the middle of Main Street, next to a blaring speaker, just taking it all in. Sheesh.:eek: Such awe, this show creates...it's a perfect synthesis of what Disney is and what Disney stands for. I knew this all before, but again, wow. This showing personified it more perfectly than ever before. Like I said before, maybe it's the background of this trip, maybe it's the fact of not getting to the MK for a few years. This was perfection though. I feel quite blessed to have gotten to see it.

I must ask ... do we have a vomiting smiley here? I could use one!

Waiting
And here we are.:eek: The end of another Trip Notes. I would just like to reiterate that this was one of the BEST times I have had in a WDW Park in recent times. Although there is some Doom and Glooming here, a better time could not have been had. This was what these parks were made for- Pure and simple fun.

Agreed. And glad you had a good time.

But we really must get you an AP. To be such a fanboi and live so close and go so infrequently is just un-American!

You also need to go for a longer period of time, so you can take in so much more of the world. It really is (still) a wonderful place. And I can't remember the last time I went up for less than 5-6 days.

If I come into money, then you've got an AP coming your way!

WDW1974

No need to worry about saying too much... EPCOT Explorer [his name's Evan] is currently the second most prolific poster on the site! In fact, if you go by average number of posts, he's well in the lead. He only joined a bit over two years ago and has almost caught Tigsmom, who has the most, but has been here a lot longer. :lol:

[I don't recommend being quite as post-happy as Evan... :lookaroun]

neither do I ... he gives me waaaay too much to read!

Welcome! And feel free to post whatever you want that's Disney-related! :wave:

I'll second that. Most of us can play nice and, if you wade through some of the ... um ... ah ... ah ... excess postage, there's some great posts and posters here.

BTW, have a great trip Monty!:)

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Cheers, guys! Thanks for all the great comments.

Not to be a downer but I think its the bottom right of this pic,
http://nemofinder22.smugmug.com/photos/625777427_mMDj6-L.jpg

I love those are the best!

Great trip report Epcot Explorer! oh and Iv got to agree about Fantasyland needing more trees, its so barren...
Ahhh...quite happy to be disproved!:lol: As long as the facts get out, I'm happy....though I was quite hopeful for a expansion of the lights.
Great thread, and great photos! Thanks for taking the time to post it all up.
Anytime!
Until JII 4.
Heh. Indeed.
It is still called Caribbean Plaza and it was always part of Adventureland
The main sign for it has been taken down....There's a generic ALand sign there. The only indication is a VERY old sign in the hub.

There is an obscene amount of ferryboat missing in this update/trip report!
I am sorry.:lookaroun
They probably knew the history geek was in the house and wanted to show E the proper respect he deserved!
I certainly hope so.:king:

Our good friend, jt04, also suspects this is why MK hours were extended that night.:cool::lookaroun We agree, for a change!

Agreed.

Since we don't exactly have recordings, it's tough to say how close someone is.

But he sounded great to me.
Aha! Believe it or not, we do! Not of Washington himself, but of people of the same linage and ancestry who lived in a secluded VA Mountain community until the mid 1870's. Recordings of their voices were made around that time, and have been studied, as historians suspect this is the same accent that Washington has.

Dean Mallisa- the Official Washington Impersonator, whom I mentioned a few posts back, spoke about this for a good while at a conference I attended last year. Cool stuff.

....And now that I am boring you all (I shouldn't be!) back to Disney!:lol:

Yep. No doubt EE was suffering from Pixie Dust exposure ...
Juuuuuust a bit. I admit it.:lol:

Thank you so much for the report Evan. 36 days and counting for me and I am getting super excited so this report has definitely helped tide me over. I am always amazed at how much detail some people take in when they are there. Maybe it is just my desire to have everything be rose colored while I am there but I rarely notice chipped paint or other issues of deterioration. But I really appreciate your ability to "take it ALL in" so to speak. Perhaps I will have to take a really good look around this upcoming trip.

Great report!!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it...and have a BLAST on YOUR trip...Hope to read a report from you!
I think it's great they were doing that. It's much better than what I've seen where cans overflow and trash is all over the place. I know it may not have been convenient for you, but one is still better than the other.

I must ask ... do we have a vomiting smiley here? I could use one!

Agreed. And glad you had a good time.

But we really must get you an AP. To be such a fanboi and live so close and go so infrequently is just un-American!

You also need to go for a longer period of time, so you can take in so much more of the world. It really is (still) a wonderful place. And I can't remember the last time I went up for less than 5-6 days.

If I come into money, then you've got an AP coming your way!

That's true, but really?! Riiiight in front of guests? Bad show....Especially right after dinner.
:hurl:(there he is BTW...) C'mon...You know you like Wishes.;)

And thank you. I assume that will require a increase in my Dooming and Glooming responsibilities?:drevil:

More pics in a few, guys!

rbrower

No...That title belongs to Poly. :D that's classic Disney, right there.

Wilderness is a nice second, though.

:fork:

:fork:

Between the two of you, I will be swamped!:lol:

Indeed!:lol: It's all good...
Nick and I know how to take care of your posting problem...:lookaroun
:D

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
3840105074_7fbb1ffd75.jpg

3839317065_a2631c0e85.jpg

3840104342_15c5d182cf.jpg

3839247849_bf82937ee7.jpg

3837528073_b584db56e8.jpg

3838300692_1a88755817.jpg

EPCOTPluto

Nice pics. Though it seems to me that first pic shows a rather packed crowd.

Wonder if the returning of school will help lighten the load? :)

cdunbar

You must of been there on tuesday when we had that lil tropical thing going by and it looked like it was going to rain all day and then finally did at like MIDNIGHT! I hate those kind of days.:brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Nice pics. Though it seems to me that first pic shows a rather packed crowd.

Wonder if the returning of school will help lighten the load? :)

Crowds were VERY wierd that day. Early in the morning, it seemed DEAD. Even the parking lot was kinda empty.

Near the middle of the day, it was pretty heavy, thinned out again, and got heavy for the night shows.

However, everyone left right after Wishes in spite of the extra hour they added.

We left the park at around 12:30 and we were one of the last out of the turnstiles and the LASR car in the Minnie Parking lot. :D FTW.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
You must of been there on tuesday when we had that lil tropical thing going by and it looked like it was going to rain all day and then finally did at like MIDNIGHT! I hate those kind of days.:brick:

Yep.... We had rain in the mid to late afternoon, but none at midnight...I was on MSUSA.:lol:

EPCOTPluto

Early in the morning, it seemed DEAD. Even the parking lot was kinda empty.

However, everyone left right after Wishes in spite of the extra hour they added.
1. I love to see the MK at daybreak. So tranquil, and doesn't remind me that we'll be pushing through crowds later...

2. Perhaps not everybody. I know I once was at SM around midnight a year ago for an evening EMH. :king:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
LUCKY! Well ya know how FLA weather is we over here in Lakeland didn't get it till late late that night. :shrug:
Yep.:lol:

Luckily the weather changes quickly.

1. I love to see the MK at daybreak. So tranquil, and doesn't remind me that we'll be pushing through crowds later...

2. Perhaps not everybody. I know I once was at SM around midnight a year ago for an evening EMH. :king:

Yep. :eek: That and around midnight is great...MSUSA and the Castle being empty is a awesome sight to see.

:lol: We were in the emporium...

imagineer boy

The only thing I don't like about wishes is the children choir singing during certain parts. I can't help but roll my eyes at those moments. Its just so disgustingly cheesy sounding!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom