American Idol!

GenerationX

I am trying to figure out why Chris got the boot. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that he never really improved. If anything, he's gotten less intense throughout the weeks. The judges reviews of him were average. That also doesn't motivate your fanbase. Katharine hasn't really improved either, but the bad reviews she received from the judges must have motivated her fanbase.

On the other hand, Taylor has maintained his manic enthusiasm, and Elliott's stage presence continues to get better every week. In addition, the judges praised them.

I had predicted a Chris/Katharine final two (wrong!). I am still rooting for the lovely and talented Katharine to win it all.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was intrigued. Katherine and Chris looked equally shocked when Ryan said Chris was going home. I think the worst thing Kelly did was openly say she messed up the words, Kat did the same. IMO she should have gone tonight.

That said, if next week's theme is something she can sink her teeth into and give the kind of virtuoso performance she's genuinely capable of, she could bounce Elliott, whose vocals really aren't as stellar as every keeps saying and them, going head-to-head on a good night she would beat Taylor in both vocals and presentation and win it.

I have every expectation Chris will be recording as soon as the ink can dry on a contract. It wouldn't have surprised me to see Randy handover his card as they went off air.

Computer Magic

GenerationX said:
I am trying to figure out why Chris got the boot. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that he never really improved. If anything, he's gotten less intense throughout the weeks. The judges reviews of him were average. That also doesn't motivate your fanbase. Katharine hasn't really improved either, but the bad reviews she received from the judges must have motivated her fanbase.

On the other hand, Taylor has maintained his manic enthusiasm, and Elliott's stage presence continues to get better every week. In addition, the judges praised them.

I had predicted a Chris/Katharine final two (wrong!). I am still rooting for the lovely and talented Katharine to win it all.
It happens every season. I I would like to believe "it's not fixed" :lookaroun

My thought is people think the best singer is safe and try to save the lessor. Well it back fires many times.

I always thought people should vote for everyone except the ONE they don't like....but I have never voted so I wouldnt know

nicholas

MontyMon said:
That said, if next week's theme is something she can sink her teeth into ...

Usually the final 3 theme is one song the contestant chooses. One song the judges choose. And one song Clyde Davis (thats his name, right?) chooses.

dxwwf3

I don't vote either. I like to just watch it unfold and I like too many of the people on there and I can't vote for everyone or it does no good.

CaptainMichael

GenerationX said:
I am still rooting for the lovely and talented Katharine to win it all.
My advice for her: get your mind right, pick excellent songs that'll blow them away, let me pick out the dresses this week. She needs to work for that spot in the final two next week.

I guess next week is the week with Clive Owens where he picks a song, one of the judges picks a song, and the contestant picks a song. That's the week Carrie did "Cryin" and "Makin' Love Out of Nothin' at All" *goosebumps*....

nicholas

Computer Magic said:
It happens every season. I I would like to believe "it's not fixed" :lookaroun

My thought is people think the best singer is safe and try to save the lessor. Well it back fires many times.

I always thought people should vote for everyone except the ONE they don't like....but I have never voted so I wouldnt know
Or if there was a limit to the number of votes you could cast, a person who portion them out amongst their favorites more carefully.

Computer Magic

nicholas said:
Or if there was a limit to the number of votes you could cast, a person who portion them out amongst their favorites more carefully.
There is one voters show that only allows you to vote once per phone number.....but that would take away revenue of text voting

nicholas

Alas, if the votes were limited to a certain number, we wouldn't be greeted with "You broke another record America. 45 million votes!"

Idol loves waving around the big number. Plus it's very misleading. Everyone uses Idol as a comparison to the presidential elections, stating that more people vote for a pop star than vote for the president of their country. Wrong. I'm sure if people were allowed to vote for president more than once, there would be plenty more votes for that. LOL

Pongo

I'm pretty disappointed. Chris was the best.

I was hoping that Elliot and Taylor were the bottom two.

And that BOTH would be getting the boot :lookaroun

Computer Magic

nicholas said:
Alas, if the votes were limited to a certain number, we wouldn't be greeted with "You broke another record America. 45 million votes!"

Idol loves waving around the big number. Plus it's very misleading. Everyone uses Idol as a comparison to the presidential elections, stating that more people vote for a pop star than vote for the president of their country. Wrong. I'm sure if people were allowed to vote for president more than once, there would be plenty more votes for that. LOL
I live in Chicago, we vote more then once in every elections :lookaroun

Computer Magic

Pongo said:
I'm pretty disappointed. Chris was the best.

I was hoping that Elliot and Taylor were the bottom two.

And that BOTH would be getting the boot :lookaroun
Like a Trump Firing...

What would happen if the bottom two had the same number of votes

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm so sad. American Idol isn't a show without Chris. I'll definitely buy his album when it comes out though!
I voted last night and the lines were so busy for Chris that I only got 10 votes in..so he got a lot of votes but just not enough.:(

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
nicholas said:
I have said that exact same statement...in a debate in my oral argumentation class! :lol:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I have to admit...I thought Chris was going to win it all. I am still in a state of shock about him being kicked off. (Just watched thanks to Tivo! :sohappy: )

However, Chris had a few things working against him. 1. What I mentioned earlier. The only thing Chris needed American Idol for was to get his name out there. He was going to be a star no matter what...all he needed was for some record exec to realize that they were missing out on untapped talent. And he did that successfully. Because America realized that, they didn't vote for him as much as they could have and instead decided to vote for the people who had less of a chance of succeeding in the music industry without the American Idol title behind them. 2. People were sure that Chris was going to win, so they just simply didn't vote. They thought that others would vote for him and those votes went by the wayside. Therefore, if you don't get the votes...you're gone. The combination of the two is what got Chris kicked off this week. It sad...and I know that even though I wasn't a huge Chris fan...I still don't think he deserved to get kicked off.

And on another note: you can't say those judges haven't been grooming him to win. They do it every year. They have in their minds who they want to win the competition and they steer their comments in that direction (particularly Randy and Paula). They have been touting Chris name since the beginning. Even Paula last night gave her take on it by saying "see you in the finals." They have wanted Chris to win since the beginning and now they have to start all over and find someone to replace him. (With only 2 shows left to do it in.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom