American Idol!

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
They have wanted Chris to win since the beginning and now they have to start all over and find someone to replace him. (With only 2 shows left to do it in.)
In case you haven't noticed, they have contingency plans: Taylor and Elliott *shudders*

Katharine does not fit into their equation, and that is what made tonight so sweet!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I think Kat did at first though...then she showed that she wasn't very good...so that went out the window...:lol: (Please don't hurt me! :lol: )

MouseMadness

Maybe for next year, to separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls, we should skip all the old fogey crap :rolleyes: (rod stewart, stevie wonder and elvis? And what was it, the 50's or 60's we've done? I can't even remember anymore... think my mind has tried to block it all out :lol: ) and have one episode where they sing something they've written themselves.

:lookaroun :eek:

BRER STITCH

Well...there is officially no reason to watch the show anymore, as justice will not be done this year! HAHA! :lol:

Who would have thought the votes would have taken Katherine and Taylor further than Elliott?!?!?! Well...actually we all probably did. :brick:

I have to remember that stuff like this is part of what keeps this show entertaining. How else would we know what the 11-14 year old girls who vote all night are thinking these days??? :lol:

At least now Chirs wont be tied down with that crazy "Idol" contract and can get working on his next recording! I bet He is still kicking himself for not waiting to audition for "Rock Star" when it runs again this summer. :hammer:

The producers are in it to sell records so they can't be too happy right now...but at least we know it isn't necessarily "fixed" as many have suspected. Kudos to "vote for the worst" for keeping Taylor in there!

Oh well...as it turns out, The Amazing Race and Survivor will each have much more pleasant endings anyway!!!

:sohappy:

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
In case you haven't noticed, they have contingency plans: Taylor and Elliott *shudders*

Katharine does not fit into their equation, and that is what made tonight so sweet!
This would never be able to be proved, but I think they have wanted a male to win this year to even out the results from prior years.

MAF

Anyway you slice it, whoever wins is NOT going to sell any records at all. I mean where would any of them fit in today's music climate? I could see Elliott in the James Blunt, John Mayer, Josh Kelly genre of folkish/pop, Kat in the Norah Jones boring bluesy singer pop, and Taylor.....well Taylor is a nice guy, lets leave it at that.... I guess RCA is going to have a FLOP on their hands w/ whoever wins.

DisneyJill

BRER STITCH said:
The producers are in it to sell records so they can't be too happy right now...but at least we know it isn't necessarily "fixed" as many have suspected. Kudos to "vote for the worst" for keeping Taylor in there!

I don't think Taylor is the worst in any way. He has 10x the personality that Elliott and Katharine do and is way more fun to watch live. And I think he has a nice voice-maybe not as sharp or edgy as Chris, but he seems to enjoy himself unlike Katharine who usually looks like she's about to throw up.

SpongeScott

TurnipHead said:
Anyway you slice it, whoever wins is NOT going to sell any records at all. I mean where would any of them fit in today's music climate? I could see Elliott in the James Blunt, John Mayer, Josh Kelly genre of folkish/pop, Kat in the Norah Jones boring bluesy singer pop, and Taylor.....well Taylor is a nice guy, lets leave it at that.... I guess RCA is going to have a FLOP on their hands w/ whoever wins.
Agreed. The winner will probably go platinum just because they won, but there will probably never be a 2nd album from them.

BRER STITCH

DisneyJill said:
I don't think Taylor is the worst in any way. He has 10x the personality that Elliott and Katharine do and is way more fun to watch live. And I think he has a nice voice-maybe not as sharp or edgy as Chris, but he seems to enjoy himself unlike Katharine who usually looks like she's about to throw up.

I don't disagree with you, but

www.votefortheworst.com

does!

:lol:

SpongeScott

BRER STITCH said:
I don't disagree with you, but

www.votefortheworst.com

does!

:lol:
votefortheworst does nothing for me. I think they are choosing Taylor just to say that their system is working, just like they did with Carrie last year. Neither Taylor nor Carrie have been in the bottom group, but I don't contribute that to votefortheworst. They were both getting plenty of votes and support before they were "chosen".

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
And they seriously think Taylor is bad?! They need to get hearing appointments.

They didn't exactly say he was bad, but that he's the worst contestant left. I don't disagree.

dxwwf3

I think the only way it could work is if they drop the name "Fuel" and just go with Chris Daughtry as the name. I'm sure the band wouldn't be too excited about that, but the public isn't too excited about anything "Fuel" has done since their one big hit either.

MAF

votefortheworst is a joke, and had already been proven to be ineffective. Besides like others have said, they choose someone who they know is getting a lot of popularity votes anyways so they can say that they are making a difference. If they wanted to vote for the worst, they would be voting for Katharine....

MAF

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone actually think Chris will be successful in the world of rock music? I don't think so.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom