American Idol!

dxwwf3

TurnipHead said:
How could Chris be going home when Katharine is obviously the one who sucked in BOTH songs!? :confused:

One thing, I think some people feel that Chris doesn't need this competition (like myself).

And I think Katharine will get credit for trying something new and not being predictable. I thought last night might have been Chris' worst night. It wasn't that he was bad, but he was kinda boring and very predictable.

We'll see how it goes.

MAF

Ok I don't get how people can say that Chris "didn't need" this competition. I mean he obviously tried out for the show in hopes of winning.....:lookaroun

New2WDW

nibblesandbits said:
um...have you been to a concert lately...it isn't like it was in 1998 when every new pop star was dancing to coreography like Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys...most concerts now are full of entertainers who just stand there and sing! :lol: (Or at least most of the concerts that I've been to lately...however at these concerts, they do move during the musical enterludes a little bit :D )

Most songs I like are performed without all the extra dancing and stuff, but I honestly don't see what everyone else does in Elliot. My little girls think he is the character from Narnia with the flute and fawn legs!:lol:

As far as a winner out of the four - I do not see a clear winner and I agree with many of the comments seen on this thread about all.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
One thing, I think some people feel that Chris doesn't need this competition (like myself).

And I think Katharine will get credit for trying something new and not being predictable. I thought last night might have been Chris' worst night. It wasn't that he was bad, but he was kinda boring and very predictable.

We'll see how it goes.
I think you are right about Chris not needing this competition to a certain extent. Yes, Chris is good enough to be able to go out on his own without the help of American Idol. However, he has been trying for a very long time to get a record deal of his own, I'm sure, with little success. American Idol has therefore, shown record companies that he really is an untapped talent and any record company with half a brain should snap him up if he doesn't make it as the winner of AI. (Basically, I think he knew that by being on AI, if he was seen as good enough, he would have had a record deal no matter what, which I believe is what he probably wanted. Would being the American Idol be a nice perk, I'm sure it would, but I don't know if THAT was his EXACT goal for being involved in this competition)

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
New2WDW said:
Most songs I like are performed without all the extra dancing and stuff, but I honestly don't see what everyone else does in Elliot. My little girls think he is the character from Narnia with the flute and fawn legs!:lol:

As far as a winner out of the four - I do not see a clear winner and I agree with many of the comments seen on this thread about all.
You know...I didn't see it until last night. I thought Elliott was good, but I could take him or leave him. After last night's performance, I realized that he's not giving up and he is a talented guy. Do I necessarily see him making a record? Possibly not...but I see him using his voice in his career in the future. (However, I have never seen him as attractive...now once he straightens his teeth, things might be different...we'll have to see when that time comes.)

Elliott's performance last night really proved to me that he is in this competition for a reason.

SpongeScott

nibblesandbits said:
I think you are right about Chris not needing this competition to a certain extent. Yes, Chris is good enough to be able to go out on his own without the help of American Idol. However, he has been trying for a very long time to get a record deal of his own, I'm sure, with little success. American Idol has therefore, shown record companies that he really is an untapped talent and any record company with half a brain should snap him up if he doesn't make it as the winner of AI. (Basically, I think he knew that by being on AI, if he was seen as good enough, he would have had a record deal no matter what, which I believe is what he probably wanted. Would being the American Idol be a nice perk, I'm sure it would, but I don't know if THAT was his EXACT goal for being involved in this competition)
well said. He needed AI for his break, but probably doesn't want to be saddled with the win.

New2WDW

nibblesandbits said:
You know...I didn't see it until last night. I thought Elliott was good, but I could take him or leave him. After last night's performance, I realized that he's not giving up and he is a talented guy. Do I necessarily see him making a record? Possibly not...but I see him using his voice in his career in the future. (However, I have never seen him as attractive...now once he straightens his teeth, things might be different...we'll have to see when that time comes.)

Elliott's performance last night really proved to me that he is in this competition for a reason.

I can fully agree with you on that! Well said.
Especially his teeth.:lol:

New2WDW

Just another comment. After these people get voted off they show them as they have progressed.....and.....wow :eek: they sure do a lot with them with make up and hair! I did not even recognize Kellie!

lawyergirl77

4th place boot always = the B.S. boot.

I really liked all four of them, but based on last night, Kat really REALLY deserved to go (And the sour face she made when she was in the bottom two showed that she thought she was going)

DDuckFan130

Lil'mermaid said:
Omg. Omg...

Well, I can tell you one thing for sure... I wont be voting anymore this season, and I really dont much care who wins.
Me neither...I honestly don't care to watch anymore, but I like Taylor and Elliot so who knows.

I now want Taylor to win.

imagineer boy

Holy crap... That was more shocking than Constantine leaving! I was sure that he was going to be the one to win.

Did anyone see the faces of Chris and Katherine when Ryan said it? Katherine looked disgusted, Chris looked flat out shocked, Paula burst into tears, and even Simon looked surprised. Very shocking indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom