American Idol!

BRER STITCH

Interesting show last night!

I was a little leary of an "all-Elvis" show, but I thiunk for the most part it went well.

I prefer to hear Elvis music taken seriously and not turned into "jazz-pop". Fortunately at least two of the contestants were on my side! :sohappy:

TAYLOR: I didn't like either arrangement he did last night. His "Hound Dog" lyrics were lost at the beginning and end of every phrase and it turned out to look more "puff" than "tough"! "In the Ghetto" should never be performed with the pop beat they added to it last night. It could have been Taylor's moment to shine and really move the crowd emotionally. Instead, it was more likely to inspire crying for all the wrong reasons. It doesn't matter, though, because his fans vote TWO TIMES MORE than the next nearest contestant! He'll be in the finals.

CHRIS: OK...so who else besides me predicted exactly which two songs He would do last night?? HAHA! His voice needs a rest because I suspect the second song was rehearsed with a more spectacular ending, but his voice just gave out. Still sounded good and proved to the nay-sayers that he can do more than hard rock lyrics. Best vocals of the group consistently. He'll be in the finals.

ELLIOTT: Looking and sounding better every week, but we've been waiting long enough! There's not enough time left for Him to peak! His vocals were great, as always, and He even displayed some emotion for the first time. Did I also detect some physical movement from Him up there?? The problem: there are thousands of Elvis songs to select from and he manages to find the one I've never heard before, and another I never knew Elvis recorded! HAHA! He lost a ton of votes from kids who never heard those songs before. Tony Bennett's career is waiting for Elliott...and YES!...That's a GOOD thing!!! The judgese were really "pimping" him last night, but I suspect it's too little too late. He'll be in the bottom two.

KATHERINE: Well...she proved last night that I was right about her all along! She should have been gone weeks ago. Her act completely imploded last night. Forgotten lyrics, no energy, poor voice quality, and overall boring performances probably earned her a guaranteed ticket home. The good news?...far less shrieking from her tired voice last night! It's exactly what I've been saying all along! She just doesn't have what it takes to win. Her fans are now scattering to find a winner - like ants to a fallen popsicle. Oh...they will still vote for Katherine to avoid a guilty conscience, but they will vote more often for Taylor and Chris so they can say they were right all along when one of THEM wins! :lol: (You KNOW I'm right, so stop pretending! We all know who her fans are! :p )
She'll be in the bottom two and be leaving tonight.

:wave:

(EDITED TO CORRECT FOR POOR TYPING SKILLS THIS MORNING)

dxwwf3

Zabasearch and Dial Idol now have the same results and it seems that Chris will be the one going home tonight. It will probably surprise the people that do not look at these sites, if it actually happens.

SpongeScott

dxwwf3 said:
Zabasearch and Dial Idol now have the same results and it seems that Chris will be the one going home tonight. It will probably surprise the people that do not look at these sites, if it actually happens.
don't forget the margin of error in those polls. It could be Chris or Katharine.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
1. Elliott
2. Taylor
3. Chris

4. Katharine
Forgetting words is a no-no.

Wow...I could not agree with you more Spongescott. (And Taylor is my favorite!)

Elliott: Was amazing. He was right on the money tonight and proved that he's in it to win. He also proved to those naysayers that yes, he can really sing. Both songs were his best performances on Idol ever.
Taylor: Taylor was his typical Taylor self, which I LOVE. He did his fun song first, but then he slowed it down and showed that behind all the manic dancing, he really does have a voice and it's an incredible one. Like him or not, he IS a talented performer.
Chris: I absolutely loved his first song. It was perfect. The second one though, at first, I had to agree with what Simon said. The song simply didn't work for me. After listening to it the second time, I realized I might have been a little too harsh, but still, I didn't absolutely love it. It still wasn't exactly right.
Kat: Poor, poor Kat. If there's one thing to know, especially when you get down to the finals...it's don't forget your words. It's like a one way ticket home. However, Kat knew she was sank after doing that, so that's why the end of her first song and her entire second song were SO bad. She was trying to make up for her mistakes by oversinging them because she thought that by doing that, she could prove that she deserved to be there. Sadly she did the exact opposite. My question is: Why does Katherine always sound amazing when we see her rehearsing, but when it comes to actual show nights, she sounds like crap? No where near as good as she did rehearsing.

My ranking:
1. Elliott
2. Taylor-this was hard...I really wanted to put Chris here because he is amazingly talented, but I really didn't like his second song.
3. Chris
4. Katherine

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
For Chris, it would be best if he doesn't win this thing. He doesn't want to be saddled with the obligations of the AI winner.

And I think that's what will cost him votes. He might actually want to win though, but I think people don't feel that he does.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Explain Taylor Hicks.
You think Taylor Hicks is attractive?

Because as a woman, I can tell you, I do not find him attractive in any way.

I believe that he has a good voice as many of the other Taylor fans believe. As for the dancing...sure it's not the best...but you can't say that he's not an entertainer.

New2WDW

Jumping into a fire........:lookaroun .......I do not get Elliot, to me he should have gone long ago! I know he has had a hard life and everything but, he's not an entertainer. He just stands and sings and the singing does not sound very good to me or to anyone else in this area!

Hurry, get me some water...............:lol:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
New2WDW said:
Jumping into a fire........:lookaroun .......I do not get Elliot, to me he should have gone long ago! I know he has had a hard life and everything but, he's not an entertainer. He just stands and sings and the singing does not sound very good to me or to anyone else in this area!

Hurry, get me some water...............:lol:
um...have you been to a concert lately...it isn't like it was in 1998 when every new pop star was dancing to coreography like Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys...most concerts now are full of entertainers who just stand there and sing! :lol: (Or at least most of the concerts that I've been to lately...however at these concerts, they do move during the musical enterludes a little bit :D )

dxwwf3

nibblesandbits said:
um...have you been to a concert lately...it isn't like it was in 1998 when every new pop star was dancing to coreography like Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys...most concerts now are full of entertainers who just stand there and sing! :lol: (Or at least most of the concerts that I've been to lately...however at these concerts, they do move during the musical enterludes a little bit :D )

Thank goodness. I always thought that uber-choreography was annoying. I would much rather see someone just stand there than go into a huge production. I think Award shows are the time to put on big shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom