American Idol!

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
her last song was good until she changed keys and then it just went nowhere and she konked out way too soon on the end, not even coming close to holding the note out.

I'd still rather have that at the end than Taylor's first performance, which really was karaoke-ish (Still not as bad as some of his others, but not all that good either). Taylor saved himself with a really good song at the end though.

MAF

Computer Magic said:
People seem to dislike Simon, but he is right on with his judgment.
He has always been right, people just can't bear to hear the truth about their beloved favorites. Paula is just......cracked out of her mind.

dxwwf3

Computer Magic said:
People seem to dislike Simon, but he is right on with his judgment.

I think the only time I've STRONGLY disagreeed with him during the final 12 would be when he talked bad about Katharine's Whitney Houston song, which he knew he was wrong about the next night.

He's been very good this season, IMO. Sure I don't agree with everything he says, but he's easily the best judge.

Computer Magic

TurnipHead said:
He has always been right, people just can't bear to hear the truth about their beloved favorites. Paula is just......cracked out of her mind.
SO I was watching and heard and BIG thump.....Saw Paula picking up her chair :lol: I think she fell out of it :lol:

MAF

Computer Magic said:
SO I was watching and heard and BIG thump.....Saw Paula picking up her chair :lol: I think she fell out of it :lol:
I saw that too! I was like "why was her chair two feet behind her?" lol....

dxwwf3

After listening to the songs again, I think Chris was much more forgetable than I originally thought. I still think Taylor was the worst tonight, but Chris wasn't far ahead. He's much better than that.

MAF

I agree Chris was so boring and bland, but of course he will move on because everyone thinks he is sooo "HOTT"! :hurl: "Elliott is hotter anyways......:lookaroun "

bhg469

The only reason i dont like elliot and think he wont win in the end because he has the ability to make every song sound the same with his nasal versions of everything he sings. I can't stand his voice another second and i think if he made an album it would be terrible. Chris could make a CD and i would listen to it woulden't buy it but i woulden't steer my car off the road if it was on like i would with elliot. That is all .

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I thought Taylor did ok on his first, but he was very good on his second.

Elliott just doesn't do anything for me. I didn't see any personality and IMO his first song was an abomination.

Katherine can't be forgiven for flubbing words, at this point that's a cardinal sin. Her second song started beautifully, but the ending was frightening.

Chris did an admirable job, not fantastic, but not bad on both.

My bottom two: Kate and Elliott. Elliot is only saved by the lyric flub, Katherine's gone. The good news for her is she'll probably get a record deal within the week and with the right effort and more memory work, she'll make a comfortable living if she doesn't rise to stardom.

dxwwf3

If Dial Idol and Zabasearch are correct, it's either going to be Elliott or Chris going home tomorrow night.

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp
http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

Even though I thought Katharine did better than most people tonight, I wouldn't be shocked or extremely upset if she gets voted off tomorrow. It certainly wasn't her strongest night, but I didn't think it was terrible either.

I think Chris had a really ho-hum night and wouldn't really be surprised if he gets the ax. I think most people feel (like myself) that he doesn't really need this show, but still the odds of making it outside the final two aren't that good usually. I think Chris could be the exception though if he doesn't make it.

Naturally, I would think Taylor has overstayed his welcome, but there's no way he's going home tomorrow. And I can't really complain because he's 2nd performance was pretty darn good. But if Elliott goes home after EASILY having the best night, it would be a shame.

MAF

That's total BS that Kat isn't in the bottom two, that completely proves that people aren't voting for talent, they are voting for looks. :rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

People forget words...it happens. I've seen George Strait, a seasoned veteran do it. Katharine took a risk with combining two songs, and it wasn't even noticed by the judges. Had it been Elliott or Chris.."I love it, you took a risk and made it your own."...Katharine is never so lucky. The past two weeks Simon has completely, right-out dissed her, and even emphasized the dissing last week undeservedly.

Katharine's second performance was weak, but Taylor gets away with crap every week, but that's his "style"...soul patrol:brick: ...:hurl:

Chris...does he even want to win anymore?

Elliott: Props to the guy for trying his hardest and leaving it all on the field. I still don't like him though.

In conclusion, I am happy with Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, so whatever happens, happens.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Katharine's second performance was weak, but Taylor gets away with crap every week, but that's his "style"...soul patrol:brick: ...:hurl:

I think that's pretty spot on, except I thought her 2nd performance was pretty good.

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
People forget words...it happens. I've seen George Strait, a seasoned veteran do it. Katharine took a risk with combining two songs, and it wasn't even noticed by the judges. Had it been Elliott or Chris.."I love it, you took a risk and made it your own."...Katharine is never so lucky. The past two weeks Simon has completely, right-out dissed her, and even emphasized the dissing last week undeservedly.
Yes, people do forget words, but Strait is a seasoned veteran--he's proven himself enough to get away with it. She's singing a two-minute song trying to prove herself in a competition. It wasn't much of a risk combining those two songs as popular as they are. As for the comments, they were fair last night and Katharine gets her share of undeserved PRAISE. Simon gets on everybody, not just her.

CaptainMichael

SpongeScott said:
As for the comments, they were fair last night and Katharine gets her share of undeserved PRAISE. Simon gets on everybody, not just her.
True, but he has been more vocal against Katharine lately than anyone else. The way he did it last week was extremely rude.

But...as long as Carrie Underwood wins, I'm happy:lookaroun

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
True, but he has been more vocal against Katharine lately than anyone else. The way he did it last week was extremely rude.

But...as long as Carrie Underwood wins, I'm happy:lookaroun
*looks at your avatar*

Have a thing for hot blondes? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom