American Idol!

hcswingfield

nibblesandbits said:
I know I'm very much in the minority...but I love Taylor. He makes me smile every time I see him perform.

I'm right there with you. I think he has more stage presence than the other 4 combined. Play that Funky Music was a hoot!

SpongeScott

hcswingfield said:
I'm right there with you. I think he has more stage presence than the other 4 combined. Play that Funky Music was a hoot!
And that is my point. I don't care if you can sing, but if you come across on the camera as lifeless and boring, you're not going to get the votes. Tayor has the IT factor, regardless of whether you think he can sing or not.

BRER STITCH

Again, I urge everyone to go back and listen to the end of show montage each week. It's a great way to judge because when the contestants are heard so closely together, it is really EASY to pick out the best vocals.

When you do this, CHRIS'S vocals so clearly outshine all the others as a true professional performer. You may not like his "sound", but he is doing what works for him. No producer in his right mind will put 12 songs that all sound the same on an album, so you can bet Chris will be free to mix it up after the show. For now He is being true to his fan base and what got him this far. It would be silly to switch gears now!

That said, I thought Elliott and Chris were easily the best last night, with Paris a close third. Do I think she has a chance? Not really...but she sounded good last night.

Katherine and Taylor were a clear bottom two, depsite the fact that I liked the second song Katherine did. It just certainly wasn't the showcase piece that she needed at this point.

Should be interesting tonight!

:sohappy:

Nemo14

I'm still waiting for that one song that really seals the deal though - clearly Chris is the best singer remaining, but he hasn't totally proved himself yet - JMHO

disneygirl03

I do not like Paris at all...she needs to go!

And I'm not a big fan of Taylor either. He clearly has a good time on the show, but I just don't think he's all that good of a singer. :confused:

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I'm still waiting for that one song that really seals the deal though - clearly Chris is the best singer remaining, but he hasn't totally proved himself yet - JMHO

I completey agree!
Where is that song?
And who will sing it?

I love Chris' voice.
But he needs to do something that is uniquely him.

hcswingfield

I think the bottom two will be Paris and Elliott. Even though both were good, neither of them was memorable. Kat redeemed herself big time with her second song. And she is very sexy. Chris was Chris. His second song didn't move me too much. I think his fans will continue to support him. To me, Taylor gave the two most memorable performances of the night. The same qualities that cause some to dislike him are what will cause others to take the time to cast a ballot. He is probably the top vote-getter this week.

MAF

SpongeScott said:
And that is my point. I don't care if you can sing, but if you come across on the camera as lifeless and boring, you're not going to get the votes. .
Uh...Carrie Underwood anybody??? :snore:

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
Face it, this is the weakest field of AI that we have had for a Final Five. There's not that great of a singer this year and I think most people realize that.

IMO, at their best, this is by far the best final five :lol: The problem is that most of them are pretty raw right now and don't deliver their best as much as previous years. For me, Chris, Katharine, and Elliott are my 3 favorite singers in the 5 seasons of the show. But they have had their ups and downs.

hcswingfield

SpongeScott said:
Carrie was and is a chicky baby--she's got the looks and she has the small-town charm.

And with THAT voice and that face, who needs a personality? She's the only Idol that I have bought the CD. It's great, too.

MAF

SpongeScott said:
Carrie was and is a chicky baby--she's got the looks and she has the small-town charm.
Ok so you're pretty much contradicting yourself when you said no personality wouldn't win the competition. You attack Str8fan for being a fan of Katherine for her looks, yet you are the same way with Carrie. Hmmm....:confused:

dr_teeth90210

TurnipHead said:
Ok so you're pretty much contradicting yourself when you said no personality wouldn't win the competition. You attack Str8fan for being a fan of Katherine for her looks, yet you are the same way with Carrie. Hmmm....:confused:
Turniphead.... the name says it all.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
And hopefully it will be a regular "Bad Day" and not that weird version that they used last week. Anybody know what the deal was with that?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The zaba site more closely meshes with my own personal ranking of the final five. I actually thought Paris did reasonably well with both her songs, where each of the others had one particularly good song and one that was horrid. But evening out the good and bad, all four ultimately did better than Paris.

Taylor's first song was quite good, but the flopping around on the floor ruined it. The Beatles' song he nailed!

Chris' voice failed a lot during his second song, but his first was phenomenal.

Katherine's first song was as bad or worse than she thought herself, but her second song absolutely topped the show.

I have never cared for Elliott and I agreed with Simon, his first song was disjointed and just didn't work. His second suited his voice and he almost seemed to hint at personality... Almost!

MAF

dr_teeth90210 said:
Turniphead.... the name says it all.
Ok can we please restrain ourselves from personal attacks....:rolleyes: Anyhoo, I guess I was the only one who thought BOTH of Katharine's performances sucked. I'll be sad to see Paris leave over Katharine or Taylor. Chris has a nice powerful voice, but he copies everyone elses singing style when he takes on their songs and lacks originality. Elliott is just a cute little hobbit w/ a great voice, but do I think he'll win? I don't think so....

Uponastar

TurnipHead said:
Ok can we please restrain ourselves from personal attacks....:rolleyes: Anyhoo, I guess I was the only one who thought BOTH of Katharine's performances sucked. I'll be sad to see Paris leave over Katharine or Taylor. Chris has a nice powerful voice, but he copies everyone elses singing style when he takes on their songs and lacks originality. Elliott is just a cute little hobbit w/ a great voice, but do I think he'll win? I don't think so....

TurnipHead, this is a perfect opportunity for me to tell you I love your name!
It makes me laugh every time I see it! :lol:

Secondly, I agree about Katherine!
Why do I dislike her so much?!
You're pretty much right-on about the others!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom