American Idol!

BRER STITCH

It's really obvious. Chris really can be the only winner.
If you follow my posts, you know that's a really objective comment from me, because I hated all of the finalists! :lol:

The others just don't stand up to his talent.

Katherine does nothing for me...at all! I don't know for sure who is paying who there, but seriously....an apology from the judges one week, and then Simon mis-speaking the other night during his critique??? Hmmmm.....not TOO suspicious! :lookaroun

Elliott is still a fave of mine, but I'm over Him for the contest. He never learned stage presence and how to make His audience feel comfortable with him on stage. Good sound though...

Finally, Taylor, despite having the largest fan base and phone banks, just couldn't sustain a pop career for the recording studios. Sure he's fun to watch...but so is a frog in a blender! :lol: I can't wait to see what the producers do to prevent him from winning! By the looks of the phone votes, it's gonna have to be something drastic, because he's WAY ahead of the others!

:king:

MAF

BRER STITCH said:
Finally, Taylor, despite having the largest fan base and phone banks, just couldn't sustain a pop career for the recording studios. Sure he's fun to watch...but so is a frog in a blender! :lol: I can't wait to see what the producers do to prevent him from winning! By the looks of the phone votes, it's gonna have to be something drastic, because he's WAY ahead of the others!

:king:
Maybe the producers will dig up some dirt from Taylor's past and use it as an excuse to boot him out? I wouldn't mind that happening....:drevil:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
BRER STITCH said:
It's really obvious. Chris really can be the only winner.
If you follow my posts, you know that's a really objective comment from me, because I hated all of the finalists! :lol:

The others just don't stand up to his talent.

I'd have to disagree that it's "really obvious". Chris has great pipes and no doubt can carry more genres than the rest, but he rarely deviates from the style and presentation of the original performers. He doesn't add any of himself to the songs or the performances. That makes him an excellent mimic, but not an idol.

Taylor is a great singer and has charisma, but his style seems to make him a "one-trick pony". His appeal seems to be with the "Soul Patrol" that has been built up by his website. That makes him a marketting genius, but not an idol.

Elliott has the personality of a toad. Great pipes, could be a crooner in any lounge in the continent [once he gets his teeth fixed], but not an idol.

Katherine has great looks, a really good voice [having a vocal coach for a mom doesn't hurt] and reasonably good stage presemce when she puts her mind to it. Her break-away talent though is she takes risks to make a song "her own". Sometimes it doesn't work [and can be really bad as a result], but when it works, she has an entertainment package that the rest can't touch, and that's what makes an idol.

MAF

MontyMon said:
Katherine has great looks, a really good voice [having a vocal coach for a mom doesn't hurt] and reasonably good stage presemce when she puts her mind to it. Her break-away talent though is she takes risks to make a song "her own". Sometimes it doesn't work [and can be really bad as a result], but when it works, she has an entertainment package that the rest can't touch, and that's what makes an idol.
The last thing we need is another white chick winning again. I mean give us something new....Katharine is :snore: :snore: :snore:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
TurnipHead said:
The last thing we need is another white chick winning again. I mean give us something new....Katharine is :snore: :snore: :snore:

I won't argue that :lol:

Fact is, given what there is to choose from, a mimic, a lounge singer, a marketing genius and her, America will likely go with her.

Being Canadian, i just sit on the sidelines and watch.

BRER STITCH

MontyMon said:
I'd have to disagree that it's "really obvious". Chris has great pipes and no doubt can carry more genres than the rest, but he rarely deviates from the style and presentation of the original performers. He doesn't add any of himself to the songs or the performances. That makes him an excellent mimic, but not an idol.

Hey Monty! :wave:

Feel free to disagree. That's what message baords are all about!

What's obvious to me, might not be for lots of others! :lol:

On Chris...How do any of us know that it's not 100% "himself" up there????
The great pipes and style is what got him that far. I think it would be silly to try and change anything at this point. Cruise control can win the race too!

:)

MAF

MontyMon said:
Being Canadian, i just sit on the sidelines and watch.
So you guys get American Idol in Canada? I know there's a Canadian Idol also...didn't you guys get an anorexic guy that looks like a girl as the winner? I think I saw a wierd pic once.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
TurnipHead said:
So you guys get American Idol in Canada? I know there's a Canadian Idol also...didn't you guys get an anorexic guy that looks like a girl as the winner? I think I saw a wierd pic once.

We get all the main American networks on cable and the Canadian networks carry a lot of American programming anyway. Our CTV network carries AI simultaneously with Fox and then around the end of the AI season, Canadian Idol starts up on CTV.

Our format is virtually identical, except we have four judges instead of three. We have two "producers", a female singer and Zack Werner, a former rocker turned producer, entertainment lawyer and manager is our Simon.

Yes, our Idol for 2004, Kalan Porter was a rather skinny little guy with curly locks that most girls would kill to have. His predecessor, the first Idol, Ryan Malcolm was also kinda skinny, but not girlish. Last year's winner, Melissa O'Neill wouldn't be called anorexic, but she's not overweight either.

Lil'mermaid

**WARNING! TONIGHTS SONG LIST!**

Here's whose doing what:

(highlight to see)

Elliott Yamin: "Trouble" and "If I Can Dream"
Chris Daughtry: "A Little Less Conversation" and "Suspicious Minds"
Taylor Hicks: "In the Ghetto" and "Jailhouse Rock"
Katharine McPhee: "Hound Dog/All Shook Up" and "Can't Help Falling in Love"

Uponastar

Was not Katherine's night, for sure!
As an Elliot fan, I was happy for him tonight. He did well.
Taylor was Taylor. If you like him, you'll love tonight's performance.
Chris was Chris. Ditto.

Computer Magic

McPhee is in trouble......

For the first time I enjoyed Taylor "In the Ghetto"

Chris' first song was awesome

I guess we will see how America votes :lookaroun

MAF

I am in love w/ Elliott! I hope he wins, he was completely amazing tonight w/ BOTH songs and was sooo cute!

dxwwf3

IMO, here's how I thought they did:

1. Elliott - Easily the best tonight. Not even close. Not his two best performances, but they were better than everyone else.

2. Katharine - I don't understand. If she hadn't forgotten the lines for a second in that song, I thought it would have been almost as good as Elliott. Nice, fun song at the start and a great close to the show. I thought she was great (not talking looks).

3. Chris - Ok for me tonight. Not even close to his best, but he did ok. I like him best when he's really singing. Tonight was good, but not great.

4. Taylor - Actually one of my favorite nights for him. His 1st song was typical Taylor silly (that doesn't work for me) but it was better than some of his previous songs. His last song, however, was my favorite one of his ever. He'll probably move on, but I think he SHOULD definitely go home tomorrow.

dxwwf3

There's no doubt in my mind that Katharine and Elliott will be the final two and I think Katharine will go home. I like Taylor as a person, but I think he's sold his soul to someone to still be in the competition :lol:

SpongeScott

dxwwf3 said:
Can't disagree. But I do think she did recover nicely. I really thought her last song was fantastic though.
her last song was good until she changed keys and then it just went nowhere and she konked out way too soon on the end, not even coming close to holding the note out.

MAF

SpongeScott said:
her last song was good until she changed keys and then it just went nowhere and she konked out way too soon on the end, not even coming close to holding the note out.
I completely agree, I cringed throughout the whole second part of that song, but then later smiled gleefully knowing that soon we wouldn't have to hear her dreadful voice any longer....:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom