American Idol!

dxwwf3

bhg469 said:
My question is what current group covered the beatles song that allowed taylor to use it tonight? I am not up on current music because frankly its all terrible i gues i didnt notice anyone doing a cover of that recently.

Nobody that I know of. It was on the Catalog charts, I believe. As Simon said, very clever.

dr_teeth90210

Taylor was easily the best tonight and it's time for Paris to pack her bags.

On a side Idol note, Kellie fans can rejoice because Pickler's dad has finally been released from prison.
clydepickler006.jpg

MAF

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Paris tonight. I love both of those songs that she sung and she did a pretty nice job w/ them. If I had to pick someone to go it would definately be Katharine. She was terrible in both songs, I was cringing the entire time.

dxwwf3

I really this tonight will split a lot of people (As it has here).

Katharine's first started out ok, but I think she tried to go away from the song too much. That's one thing that always buggs me about professional singers. Sometimes they try to sound different from the record so much, that it just doesn't sound right. I'm all for trying to give a unique live performance, but you've got to be true to the song. Katharine did that with the Collins song tonight.

And God only knows who she sang in the 2nd song. Terrible stuff. Good performance and vocal though, IMO.

dxwwf3

I'm hoping Katharine can bounce back next week, if she gets by. She's really better than she showed tonight.

I think it will be her and Paris in the bottom 2 though.

CaptainMichael

This makes me sick!
Dial Idol said:
Taylor Hicks 56.892 1.757 -
2-3 (B3)
Elliott Yamin 47.882 1.931 -
2-3 (B3)
Chris Daughtry 47.591 1.937 -
4-5 (B3)
Katharine McPhee 43.011 2.02 -
4-5 (B3)
Paris Bennett 40 2.072 -
Taylor has ridiculous support....I think that at some point AI will step in and do something about it.

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
This makes me sick!

Taylor has ridiculous support....I think that at some point AI will step in and do something about it.
For the love of God, will you get over yourself and this fetish with Katharine and your hatred of Taylor? America votes, this is the way it turns out. Not everyone agrees with you, not everyone agrees with me, but get off your bandwagon of something being amiss.

CaptainMichael

SpongeScott said:
For the love of God, will you get over yourself and this fetish with Katharine and your hatred of Taylor? America votes, this is the way it turns out. Not everyone agrees with you, not everyone agrees with me, but get off your bandwagon of something being amiss.
You sir need to calm down. I shall leave it at that.

MAF

SpongeScott said:
Oh, I'm calm. I just wish you would rationally look at the show.
It's obviously because she's a "hot" girl that he's obsessed w/ her, because honestly she isn't that great. I use the word "hot" loosely too, because to me she looks like a tranny, especially in that pic above...

CaptainMichael

SpongeScott said:
Oh, I'm calm. I just wish you would rationally look at the show.
I think I am. Let's look at it this way:

Kelly Clarkson...Ruben Studdard...Fantasia...Carrie Underwood...Taylor Hicks?

My ranking of singers/performers on American Idol:

1) Chris Daughtry
2) Katharine McPhee
3) Elliott Yamin
4) Paris Bennett
5) Taylor Hicks

Kellie Pickler was "awfull" and hated by many, yet Taylor Hicks (in my opinion) is not that much better (vocally). Yes, he is likable, but in all honesty, is he talented enought to be THE American Idol? I don't think so. Is Katharine? Honestly, I don't know, but with better song choices I think she could be. The only remaining contestant with a chance of being on the radio is Chris. Elliott is not marketable.

You call me irrational, but I think I'm being quite rational. Chris will get some sort of record deal regardless. Some argue that he'd be better off not under American Idol control. Katharine is the only other person that I could see winning.

Just because I'm an 18 year old heterosexual male and not a member of the "Soul Patrol" does not mean that I can't judge music. Contrary to popular belief, we have brains capable of thought as well.

Debbie

My 2 cents:
Bottom 2-Paris and Taylor or Paris and Elliot
Who may go home? Paris

Do I think America votes for the best man or woman? No

Katherine's first song was a mess; but her performance on the second song was what I've been waiting for her to do for most of this competition
Chris did fantastic the first song; voice was giving out the second song. This is where Katherine's vocal training might boost her past him professionally. Paris is about as far as she can go. Taylor will make it with or without Idol, and Elliot is almost as much a Cinderella story as one can get.

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think I am. Let's look at it this way:

Kelly Clarkson...Ruben Studdard...Fantasia...Carrie Underwood...Taylor Hicks?

My ranking of singers/performers on American Idol:

1) Chris Daughtry
2) Katharine McPhee
3) Elliott Yamin
4) Paris Bennett
5) Taylor Hicks

Kellie Pickler was "awfull" and hated by many, yet Taylor Hicks (in my opinion) is not that much better (vocally). Yes, he is likable, but in all honesty, is he talented enought to be THE American Idol? I don't think so. Is Katharine? Honestly, I don't know, but with better song choices I think she could be. The only remaining contestant with a chance of being on the radio is Chris. Elliott is not marketable.

You call me irrational, but I think I'm being quite rational. Chris will get some sort of record deal regardless. Some argue that he'd be better off not under American Idol control. Katharine is the only other person that I could see winning.

Just because I'm an 18 year old heterosexual male and not a member of the "Soul Patrol" does not mean that I can't judge music. Contrary to popular belief, we have brains capable of thought as well.
Most of this post I will agree with, with the exception of your rankings. Face it, this is the weakest field of AI that we have had for a Final Five. There's not that great of a singer this year and I think most people realize that. I still say that America is voting on ENTERTAINMENT value, not vocal quality. Taylor is not that great of a singer and he probably is not going to be marketable, but America obviously doesn't care about that. Television is about entertainment and that is exactly what Taylor is doing each week. Obviously not all like him, but it looks clear, according to dialidol, that Taylor is the most popular.

I feel sorry for whoever wins this because Chris is probably the most marketable person in the group and it looks like it's going to be a lose-lose situation for singers/producers/consumers. Unless Chris wins, I think the winner will disappear just as fast as Fantasia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom