American Idol!

dxwwf3

I could actually see myself buying records from my TOP (;)) 3 from this season. I've never said that about any former performer on the show. Not a single one. Even though Clarkson has turned out better than I imagined, I still wasn't that much of a fan during the show.

imagineer boy

dr_teeth90210 said:
Fixed the link.:wave:

FYI: The bottom button on her dress popped open during the end of her performance.

Yeah, she sure showed some leg didn't she?:lol: BTW, the link is broken again.

For me, the only good one last night was Chris. The rest were really vanilla.

GenerationX

Quick rundown:

Katharine - had an impromptu duet with Andreas, and he praised her more than the others. Her vocal was great, she looked fabulous, and the judges can bite me.

Elliot - second in line behind Chris on the judges pimp-o-meter. Excellent voice, no charisma.

Paris - robotic. Picked a song too old and too big for her. Started out very off-key. Adios.

Kellie - weak vocal, goofy hair, dumb banter. And she's not all that hot. Gone next week.

Taylor - good. A little dull for him, but still more interesting than Elliot.

Chris - I had a feeling he'd do a Bryan Adams song, but I thought he was going to do "Everything I Do". Compelling performance. Of course, the producers set him up with the best lighting and the cool guitarists on either side of him. He's got talent, but the show's blatant pimping of him is unbelievable. It's at Fantasia levels.

Pill Poppin' Paula - ugh.

CaptainMichael

GenerationX said:
Quick rundown:

Katharine - had an impromptu duet with Andreas, and he praised her more than the others. Her vocal was great, she looked fabulous, and the judges can bite me.

Elliot - second in line behind Chris on the judges pimp-o-meter. Excellent voice, no charisma.

Paris - robotic. Picked a song too old and too big for her. Started out very off-key. Adios.

Kellie - weak vocal, goofy hair, dumb banter. And she's not all that hot. Gone next week.

Taylor - good. A little dull for him, but still more interesting than Elliot.

Chris - I had a feeling he'd do a Bryan Adams song, but I thought he was going to do "Everything I Do". Compelling performance. Of course, the producers set him up with the best lighting and the cool guitarists on either side of him. He's got talent, but the show's blatant pimping of him is unbelievable. It's at Fantasia levels.

Pill Poppin' Paula - ugh.
Spot on, but I'd say that Elliott is number 1 on the judge's pimp-o-meter. It is actually sickening.

Debbie

I think Kelly, Taylor and Paris are in the bottom three with Kelly going home. She is not anywhere in the league with the others, but not as bad as some who have made it this far in the past.

I love the setup for Chris last nite. I would do the same if I were in his shoes. I love intimate settings and interaction with other band members. I think if Katherine wanted to kick it up a notch; she ought to think about sitting in a circle with the back-up singers and do a song which involved them, but brought her out front and center.

hcswingfield

dxwwf3 said:
I could actually see myself buying records from my TOP (;)) 3 from this season. I've never said that about any former performer on the show. Not a single one. Even though Clarkson has turned out better than I imagined, I still wasn't that much of a fan during the show.

I bought Carrie Underwood's CD, and love it. Just about every song on it is the kind you can sing along with while you are driving your car and make the people in the lane next to you look at you in bewilderment. She has a great voice, and chose good material for her debut. I also bought the "Love Actually" soundtrack to get the cut that Kelly Clarkson sang, but haven't bought any of her CDs yet. I wish she would record some of the songs she competed with that season.

Uponastar

dxwwf3 said:
There's always one week where the judges make me do a double take. This week was one of those shows:

1. Katherine - Listen, I know she looked absolutely unbelievable, but I thought she did a FANTASTIC job with the song. Yes she will get some "muted viewers" votes tonight, but I wouldn't have cared if I had just had my sound system on and my screen off tonight. I loved her performance of that song. I cannot believe what the judges said. I think they are completely wrong.

2. Elliott - I've been on his bandwagon for a long time and tonight was probably his 2nd best performance (His "Somebody To Love" from Queen was the best of the show, IMO). Absolutely fantastic job.

3. Kellie - I feel sorry for her because I think she really is trying, but it's time. No way does she deserve to ever sing on the show again. She's peaked and it's time for her to get back to her roots.

4. Paris - This was my least favorite Paris performance. It felt fake and I'm starting to get tired of her mannerisms. Definitely not a top performance from her.

5. Taylor - I actually thought this was decent from him tonight. IMO, I don't see how he has been avoiding the bottom 3, but oh well. I thought he was ok.

6. Chris - Unreal. I'm not a fan of the song, but he was 10x better than Bryan Adams tonight. One of his absolute best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, the top 3 are without a doubt Katherine, Elliott, and Chris. None of the other 3 are there yet for my money.

I almost completely agree with you.
1. Katherine did a great job with a big song. I'm not a big fan of hers but I think she did well. She's no Whitney, but then who is?
2. Elliott's my guy and he was amazing! Too bad he can't get a bit more personality into his performances.
3. Kellie, enough already!
4. Paris did not shine.
5. Taylor was not Taylor last night. Very lackluster.
6. Chris ruled the night!

Bottom three tonight: The ladies.
Going home: should be Kellie, will probably be Paris.

Nemo14

I didn't care for Katherine's song at all - probably a nice try, but she's a little too full of herself for a mediocre singer.
Elliott was great - I don't know why, but he just makes me smile...
Kellie - got way too far in this competition
Taylor - I worried about his start to the song, but he really got into it - he's very enjoyable, but I wouldn't exactly call him an Idol per se
Paris - absolutely the wrong song for her - she's very talented, but way too theatrical
Chris - totally amazing, and hopefully the winner for this season.

BRER STITCH

WOW! :sohappy:

At least HALF of the "IDOL-wannabe's" put on a great show last night! :animwink:

How cool was it to see Andrea Bocelli and David Foster coaching these amateurs and letting us know what they really thought?!?!?
I'm guessing they all are a little bit better because of the advice the pros gave them. Can't wait to hear Andrea sing tonight!

The worst singers were easiest to pick out last night, because I thought at least 3 of the remaining singers gave GREAT performances, so I'll start with the easy part:

THE BOTTOM 3:

KELLIE - Gets worse every week, and absoultely butchered one of the most recognizable songs on the planet last night! Pitch problems and her "zombie-like" performance SHOULD finally show her the door.

TAYLOR - Once a favorite of mine, I still think He could deliver a fun show live...but so can I! :lol: His performances have never recovered from 3 weeks ago and I suspect He is getting bored with the whole competition and wants his harmonica back!

KATHERINE - Yes, many will disagree with this choice, but she brought it on herself with Her ill-fated attempt to get herself compared to Whitney Huston. What I have been saying about her all along was clearly evident again last night. All surface, no substance - and did I once again detect a very "Diva-like" "I can do no wrong" attitude while the judges were giving her feedback?? I don't like her, but I also don't believe she'll be voted out in the next couple weeks.

INTERESTING NOTE: Ironically, Kellie and Taylor have NEVER BEEN IN THE BOTTOM THREE!!!

======================

GREAT PERFORMANCES: :sohappy:

ELLIOTT - My fave finally shined like He's never shined before in this contest. I suspect He made more than just Paula Abdul break into tears with his moving vocal performance. Now if He would actually just MOVE on stage and have a little fun with all that talent! The BEST last night!

PARIS - She really CAN sing anything! I suspect she will be gone before the Final 4, though, because of her age and lack of "life experience" - a fact she, herself admitted last night while describing her song selection. I just don't think she will have the votes. Great pipes though!

CHRIS - OK...I'll say it: There is not a more consistent performer in the history of AI! Like him or hate him (and I'm a fan!), He's delivered flawless performances in every genre each week. Last night was no exception. My only beef with last night was the difficulty I have categorizing that Bryan Adams song as one of the "World's Greatest Love Songs"! :lookaroun

WHO SHOULD LEAVE TONIGHT?

KELLIE.

WILL IT HAPPEN??

PROBABLY NOT. :(

Say Goodnight, TAYLOR!!!

:wave:

dxwwf3

BRER STITCH said:
What I have been saying about her all along was clearly evident again last night. All surface, no substance - and did I once again detect a very "Diva-like" "I can do no wrong" attitude while the judges were giving her feedback?? I don't like her, but I also don't believe she'll be voted out in the next couple weeks.

Her reaction wasn't anything like mine. I couldn't believe what the judges were saying. I thought maybe they listened to a different performance than I did. I think she was surprised and she should have been.

SpongeScott

BRER STITCH said:
WOW! :sohappy:

At least HALF of the "IDOL-wannabe's" put on a great show last night! :animwink:

How cool was it to see Andrea Bocelli and David Foster coaching these amateurs and letting us know what they really thought?!?!?
I'm guessing they all are a little bit better because of the advice the pros gave them. Can't wait to hear Andrea sing tonight!

The worst singers were easiest to pick out last night, because I thought at least 3 of the remaining singers gave GREAT performances, so I'll start with the easy part:

THE BOTTOM 3:

KELLIE - Gets worse every week, and absoultely butchered one of the most recognizable songs on the planet last night! Pitch problems and her "zombie-like" performance SHOULD finally show her the door.

TAYLOR - Once a favorite of mine, I still think He could deliver a fun show live...but so can I! :lol: His performances have never recovered from 3 weeks ago and I suspect He is getting bored with the whole competition and wants his harmonica back!

KATHERINE - Yes, many will disagree with this choice, but she brought it on herself with Her ill-fated attempt to get herself compared to Whitney Huston. What I have been saying about her all along was clearly evident again last night. All surface, no substance - and did I once again detect a very "Diva-like" "I can do no wrong" attitude while the judges were giving her feedback?? I don't like her, but I also don't believe she'll be voted out in the next couple weeks.

INTERESTING NOTE: Ironically, Kellie and Taylor have NEVER BEEN IN THE BOTTOM THREE!!!

======================

GREAT PERFORMANCES: :sohappy:

ELLIOTT - My fave finally shined like He's never shined before in this contest. I suspect He made more than just Paula Abdul break into tears with his moving vocal performance. Now if He would actually just MOVE on stage and have a little fun with all that talent! The BEST last night!

PARIS - She really CAN sing anything! I suspect she will be gone before the Final 4, though, because of her age and lack of "life experience" - a fact she, herself admitted last night while describing her song selection. I just don't think she will have the votes. Great pipes though!

CHRIS - OK...I'll say it: There is not a more consistent performer in the history of AI! Like him or hate him (and I'm a fan!), He's delivered flawless performances in every genre each week. Last night was no exception. My only beef with last night was the difficulty I have categorizing that Bryan Adams song as one of the "World's Greatest Love Songs"! :lookaroun

WHO SHOULD LEAVE TONIGHT?

KELLIE.

WILL IT HAPPEN??

PROBABLY NOT. :(

Say Goodnight, TAYLOR!!!

:wave:
I agreed with almost everything you said until the very end. Taylor ain't leaving. No way, no how. I'm not that big of a fan, but he's getting too large of a chunk of the vote.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't know what people see in Elliott. He has virtually no personality, he could use a visit to an orthodontist and although he has very good range, I find his overall vocals uninspired. I've never been on that bandwagon!

I love Kellie to bits, but she can't sing anything but Country and even then she forgets lyrics and isn't consistent.

Taylor is a great entertainer, but he needs to work on projecting in his lower registers, some of the low notes last night were barely audible. In contrast his upper registers he belts out with power. At one point last night they increased his mike volume and then he moved into higher tones and it was almost deafening. Vocal control is his only weak point.

Katherine has a wonderful voice and good looks, but she tends to concentrate too much on her look and not enough on presentation. Often she'll be mid-phrase and remember she's supposed to smile now and up pops a smile... comes off as very disingenuous.

Chris is phenomenal, great voice, excellent presence on stage. He's going to be making very popular records for years to come. Hopefully not all heavy metal, he's better than that.

Paris has great pipes, but a very contrived stage presence that she doesn't pull off. She chooses songs that require personal maturity to be believable, but she doesn't. Her song last night is supposed to be about a couple that have had an on-again off-again relationship for decades... :veryconfu

My top three: Chris, Katherine and Taylor. The others can fall be the wayside any time. I think Kellie will go tonight, though Paris should.

DDuckFan130

MontyMon said:
Katherine has a wonderful voice and good looks, but she tends to concentrate too much on her look and not enough on presentation. Often she'll be mid-phrase and remember she's supposed to smile now and up pops a smile... comes off as very disingenuous.
If Katherine concentrates on her look too much, why does she still dress poorly?

:lookaroun

She's a beautiful girl, and last week with the pantsuit and hair pulled back was enough to demonstrate that. Why does she have to go showing her "goodies" at every possible opportunity? Oh wait, because it works...as has been demonstrated in this thread over and over again :rolleyes:

dxwwf3

DDuckFan130 said:
Why does she have to go showing her "goodies" at every possible opportunity? Oh wait, because it works...as has been demonstrated in this thread over and over again :rolleyes:

This was the first time that I've seen her show any skin at all. Of course, I really just start watching when it gets to the final 12, so maybe she did a lot earlier in the show.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
This was the first time that I've seen her show any skin at all. Of course, I really just start watching when it gets to the final 12, so maybe she did a lot earlier in the show.
Really? I've seen her boobies more than I care to :lol:

She's shown cleavage a lot in the past..remember the "double stick tape" outfit? I know sometimes you can't help it when you're endowed (lord knows I have to deal with that) but goodness at least cover them up nicely in better clothes :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom