American Idol!

dxwwf3

There's always one week where the judges make me do a double take. This week was one of those shows:

1. Katherine - Listen, I know she looked absolutely unbelievable, but I thought she did a FANTASTIC job with the song. Yes she will get some "muted viewers" votes tonight, but I wouldn't have cared if I had just had my sound system on and my screen off tonight. I loved her performance of that song. I cannot believe what the judges said. I think they are completely wrong.

2. Elliott - I've been on his bandwagon for a long time and tonight was probably his 2nd best performance (His "Somebody To Love" from Queen was the best of the show, IMO). Absolutely fantastic job.

3. Kellie - I feel sorry for her because I think she really is trying, but it's time. No way does she deserve to ever sing on the show again. She's peaked and it's time for her to get back to her roots.

4. Paris - This was my least favorite Paris performance. It felt fake and I'm starting to get tired of her mannerisms. Definitely not a top performance from her.

5. Taylor - I actually thought this was decent from him tonight. IMO, I don't see how he has been avoiding the bottom 3, but oh well. I thought he was ok.

6. Chris - Unreal. I'm not a fan of the song, but he was 10x better than Bryan Adams tonight. One of his absolute best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, the top 3 are without a doubt Katherine, Elliott, and Chris. None of the other 3 are there yet for my money.

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
Katherine--ugly dress, ugly performance. Maybe she figures that if she's got a song she can't sing, she'll flash her goods.

Paris--agreed, best female vocal tonight.

I don't think I could disagree any more than I do :wave:

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
There's always one week where the judges make me do a double take. This week was one of those shows:

1. Katherine - Listen, I know she looked absolutely unbelievable, but I thought she did a FANTASTIC job with the song. Yes she will get some "muted viewers" votes tonight, but I wouldn't have cared if I had just had my sound system on and my screen off tonight. I loved her performance of that song. I cannot believe what the judges said. I think they are completely wrong.

2. Elliott - I've been on his bandwagon for a long time and tonight was probably his 2nd best performance (His "Somebody To Love" from Queen was the best of the show, IMO). Absolutely fantastic job.

3. Kellie - I feel sorry for her because I think she really is trying, but it's time. No way does she deserve to ever sing on the show again. She's peaked and it's time for her to get back to her roots.

4. Paris - This was my least favorite Paris performance. It felt fake and I'm starting to get tired of her mannerisms. Definitely not a top performance from her.

5. Taylor - I actually thought this was decent from him tonight. IMO, I don't see how he has been avoiding the bottom 3, but oh well. I thought he was ok.

6. Chris - Unreal. I'm not a fan of the song, but he was 10x better than Bryan Adams tonight. One of his absolute best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, the top 3 are without a doubt Katherine, Elliott, and Chris. None of the other 3 are there yet for my money.
Elliot and CHRIS bottom 3?

*faints*

:lookaroun :lol:

SpongeScott

dxwwf3 said:
I don't think I could disagree any more than I do :wave:
Not a problem. We just disagree.

As for Taylor, Foster or Bocelli said it right--he's got the most charisma in the group. This is a singing/popularity/entertainment contest no matter what Simon says.

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
As for Taylor, Foster or Bocelli said it right--he's got the most charisma in the group. This is a singing/popularity/entertainment contest no matter what Simon says.

But I think he is in serious danger of just being able to sing one type of song. You can't even get away with that in heavy metal and rap. There are fast and slow songs in both genres and I just don't think he can consistently sing slower songs. Don't get me wrong, I think he did fine tonight, but it wasn't anything special IMO.

hcswingfield

Prediction: Guys will be safe, girls will be in the bottom 3, Kellie or Paris will go home.

I think Taylor had a Bob Seeger thing going on with his song, and I enjoyed it. Chris and Elliott made great song choices and did great with them. Kat was good, but I really hate that song. Paris is way too young to sing that song. Reminded me of the audition scenes from the movie "Fame." And Kellie was just bad, and her hair was worse. But the whole show was a big let down from last week. Hope they come up with a better theme next week.

dxwwf3

hcswingfield said:
Paris is way too young to sing that song. Reminded me of the audition scenes from the movie "Fame."

I haven't seen the movie, but I know enough about it to where I completely agree with you. That's what her whole performance was like. She was trying to do Gladys Knight, not Paris.

dr_teeth90210

For those who missed it, here's a screen shot of Kat's Wardrobe Malfunction.

katharine-mcphee-04-2006-4-25.jpg

dxwwf3

dr_teeth90210 said:
For those who missed it, here's a screen shot of Kat's Wardrobe Malfunction.

I must have just missed it. The link doesn't work :fork:

EDIT: Nevermind. :lol: Thanks for the heads up.

dr_teeth90210

dxwwf3 said:
I must have just missed it. The link doesn't work :fork:

EDIT: Nevermind. :lol: Thanks for the heads up.

Fixed the link.:wave:

FYI: The bottom button on her dress popped open during the end of her performance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom