American Idol!

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:
I'm not upset with Bucky getting the boot. It was either this week or next week. The sad part is that I thought Bucky was actually showing improvement, whereas Ace just gets worse each week.

Hey, everyone, I think there are three things we can all agree on:
1. Ace will not win.
2. Chris will make the final two.
3. Paula needs to lay off the booze and/or pills.
1. yes
2. yes
3. please God, yes.
:wave:

hcswingfield

hcswingfield said:
My rankings on Queen night:

Excellent: Chris, Taylor, and (believe it or not) Kellie
Really good: Paris, Katharine
Good: Elliott (although he reminded me of Julie Andrews singing "Leader of the Pack")
Time to go home: Tossup between Ace and Bucky

Kellie had a nice Bonnie Tyler quality going. I think tonight was her best night. Too bad Paris had to borrow her spike heel boots.

Chris's voice is just amazing. Taylor is the most entertaining of all of them.

Did I call it or what?

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Gosh, did anyone find it annoying that all of the guys tonite were crying? Both Elliot and Ace were in tears. I think I wanna puke. :hurl:
On the contrary...Elliot's emotion and story moved me more than anyone else there.

*shrugs*

Computer Magic

dxwwf3 said:
I think Elliot's performance tonight and persona might move him up to a real contender.
I agree. I think that is why they did it.....The contestants had no clue the bottom 3 would be singing tonight...

BeachClubVillas

Here's my two cents:

I'm so glad Bucky left. He overstayed his welcome by about a month. :animwink:

Is anyone else getting sick of Paris and her tears? I want to plug up that girl's tear ducts.

In the beginning, I loved Chris, but the past few weeks, it seems like he's singing the same song every week. I still think he has the best voice, but he needs to change things up a little bit. I still think he'll make the top 2.

Katharine is my favorite, but she's too much like Kelly Clarkson to win. Plus, she's from LA.

No one is as stupid as Kellie is pretending to be. She doesn't know what "on paper" means? Come on! She was good this week. But she's too much like Carrie Underwood to win.

I love Elliott. I think his voice is fabulous. And he's so sweet, and I love that he loves his mom. He did even better last night than Tuesday night.

I think Taylor is great. He's fun and has a great voice. But, hadn't he already done that song?

Ace needs to go home too. The voice isn't that good, and the eyes can only carry him so far.

shannonpete32

BeachClubVillas said:
Here's my two cents:

I'm so glad Bucky left. He overstayed his welcome by about a month. :animwink:

Is anyone else getting sick of Paris and her tears? I want to plug up that girl's tear ducts.

In the beginning, I loved Chris, but the past few weeks, it seems like he's singing the same song every week. I still think he has the best voice, but he needs to change things up a little bit. I still think he'll make the top 2.

Katharine is my favorite, but she's too much like Kelly Clarkson to win. Plus, she's from LA.

No one is as stupid as Kellie is pretending to be. She doesn't know what "on paper" means? Come on! She was good this week. But she's too much like Carrie Underwood to win.

I love Elliott. I think his voice is fabulous. And he's so sweet, and I love that he loves his mom. He did even better last night than Tuesday night.

I think Taylor is great. He's fun and has a great voice. But, hadn't he already done that song?

Ace needs to go home too. The voice isn't that good, and the eyes can only carry him so far.

Could not have said it better myself. :sohappy:

BRER STITCH

Next Week: "the Great American Song Book"

Next week's theme is Rod Stewart's album, "The Great American Songbook".

There is quite a selection of songs to choose from, so I thought I'd post them so everyone can match up their favorite IDOL with the song they'd love to hear them perform.

Here they are:
:)

=======================================

Disk 1: It Had To Be You

1. You Go To My Head
2. They Can't Take That Away From Me
3. The Way You Look Tonight
4. It Had to Be You
5. That Old Feeling
6. These Foolish Things
7. The Very Thought of You
8. Moonglow
9. I'll Be Seeing You
10. Everytime We Say Goodbye
11. The Nearness of You
12. For All We Know
13. We'll Be Together Again
14. That's All

Disk 2: As Time Goes By...

1. Time After Time
2. I’m In The Mood For Love
3. Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
4. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
5. 'Till There Was You
6. Until The Real Thing Comes Along
7. Where Or When
8. Smile
9. My Heart Stood Still
10. Someone To Watch Over Me
11. As Time Goes By
12. I Only Have Eyes For You
13. Crazy She Calls Me
14. Our Love Is Here To Stay

Disk 3: Stardust

1. Embraceable You
2. For Sentimental Reasons
3. Blue Moon
4. What A Wonderful World
5. Stardust
6. Manhattan
7. S'Wonderful
8. Isn't It Romantic
9. I Can't Get Started
10. But Not For Me
11. Kiss To Build A Dream On
12. Baby, It's Cold Outside
13. Night And Day
14. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

Disk 4: Thanks For The Memory

1. I've Got a Crush on You
2. I Wish You Love
3. You Send Me
4. Long Ago and Far Away
5. Makin' Whoopee
6. My One and Only Love
7. Taking a Chance on Love
8. My Funny Valentine
9. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
10. Nevertheless
11. Blue Skies
12. Let's Fall in Love
13. Thanks for the Memory

SpongeScott

BRER STITCH said:
Next week's theme is Rod Stewart's album, "The Great American Songbook".
Is this the mistake of this season--choosing genres with "limited" selection? We've had Barry Manilow, Queen, 21st century, and something else I can't remember. Country should have been wide open, but that's always been a disaster show. They are forcing the singers this year to be compared to an artist rather than showcasing a time period or open-ended genre.

I can't stand Rod Stewart, so this show will hold little interest for me.

BRER STITCH

SpongeScott said:
I can't stand Rod Stewart, so this show will hold little interest for me.

Hang in there, Scott! :lol:

None of these are actually Rod Stewart songs. They are American Classics, most of which you will probably have heard before, even if they are not recognizable by the titles here.

The producers just narrowed the song selection field to the titles on Rod Stewart's 4 disc collection of geat American songs from the past.

I do agree, however, that the performers are being cornered into choosing songs they would otherwise never perform. If the producers want to continue doing this, they should take the top 10 songs from that genre and put them in a hat and make each contestant select one to do!

Should be fun to see how they handle these ballads, when most of them have gotten away with practically "reciting" their songs in past weeks. Most of these songs require a "singing" voice to pull off successfully.

Should be interesting!

:)

BRER STITCH

HERE'S MY PREFERRED IDOL/SONG PAIRINGS FOR NEXT WEEK, TAKEN FROM THE LIST ABOVE.

WHAT'S YOURS????

----------------------------------------------

KELLY: "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - No comment. :lookaroun

KATHERINE: "What A Wonderful World" - Lots of time to smile and stare into the camera in between phrases.

PARIS: "Smile" - She can make this the cutest version ever!

CHRIS: "Long Ago and Far Away" - I've heard a hard rock version of this that was pretty cool. Maybe Chris has heard it too and can make it sound like every other song he does...and does well! :)

TAYLOR: "You Send Me" - Classic 50's recording would be up his alley. Could always wimp out and do Blue Moon, too... :confused:

ELLIOTT: "They Can't Take That Away From Me" - Give him a chance to break out if the big band arrangement is good enough to let him showcase his voice and stage presence. NOW is the time Elliott!!! :sohappy:

ACE: "My Funny Valentine" - Gives him lots of "staring into the camera time"! Maybe he should take this time to wear a tux and comb his hair! :lookaroun

DisneyJill

BRER STITCH said:
ACE: "My Funny Valentine" - Gives him lots of "staring into the camera time"! Maybe he should take this time to wear a tux and comb his hair! :lookaroun

Barf. One more week of Ace being dreamy with the camera is going to send me over the edge. :hurl:

Erika

BeachClubVillas said:

I beg to differ :lol:

I know a Kellie. She looks like her, acts like her- and yes, she really is that ditzy! Sweet girl though. Can't help but love her. She is smart where she needs to be- at work and with her son. I think there is just no room in there for anything else. :lookaroun

BRER STITCH

Erika said:
I know a Kellie. She looks like her, acts like her- and yes, she really is that ditzy! Sweet girl though. Can't help but love her. She is smart where she needs to be- at work and with her son. I think there is just no room in there for anything else. :lookaroun

Imagine the consequences if Kellie's doctor ever told her: "Hey you little minx, on paper, you should never have SALmon or calimari! It would be a ballsy move!"

(All very awkward moments in "KELLIE-SPEAK"!)

I think her head would explode! HAHA!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom