American Idol!

CaptainMichael

Erika said:
I beg to differ :lol:

I know a Kellie. She looks like her, acts like her- and yes, she really is that ditzy! Sweet girl though. Can't help but love her. She is smart where she needs to be- at work and with her son. I think there is just no room in there for anything else. :lookaroun
Exactly, there are girls like her out there. I know a few.

MouseMadness

Erika said:

I know a Kellie. She looks like her, acts like her- and yes, she really is that ditzy! Sweet girl though. Can't help but love her. She is smart where she needs to be- at work and with her son. I think there is just no room in there for anything else. :lookaroun

But she does know what salll-mun is, right? :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry Erika, I am just not as good a person as you. I still think Kellie's an idiot. :eek: :lol:

Computer Magic

Erika said:

I agree. After last night, I'm convinced she is that ditzy :hammer:

BRER STITCH

IN CASE ANYONE MISSED THIS..... :wave:

Congratulations, CARRIE!

=======================================

'American Idol 4' Winner Carrie Underwood Wins Two CMT Awards

UPI News Service, 04/11/2006

"American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood and Australia native Keith Urban took top honors at the 4th Annual Country Music Television Awards in Nashville.

Urban won video of the year Monday night for "Better Life," about the victims of Hurricane Katrina, People magazine reported. He performed the song during the ceremony backed by a Gulf Coast choir that had been displaced by the storm.

Underwood took awards for breakthrough video and female video for her hit, "Jesus Take the Wheel." The CMT Awards are all decided upon by fans.

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi's duet with Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles took the collaborative video award for "Who Says You Can't Go Home," Kenny Chesney won best male video for "Who You'd Be Today" and Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton took the inspirational award for "When I Get Where I'm Going."

Dwight Yokum led a tribute to "Hee Haw" star Buck Owens who died March 25.

hcswingfield

This is what I'd like to hear:

KELLIE: either Makin Whoopie or Let's Fall in Love (Alanis Morrisett covered this in the Cole Porter biopic recently)

TAYLOR: either They Can't Take That Away From Me or You Send Me

KATHERINE: either As Time Goes By (Carly Simon did a great cover of this in the 80s) or I'll Be Seeing You

ELLIOTT: I Only Have Eyes For You (I could just hear his voice soaring on this one)

ACE: I've Got A Crush On You (with heavy eyes to the camera)

PARIS: Where or When (although Katherine could do great with this, too.)

CHRIS: Every Time We Say Goodbye (He could do it like he did the Johnny Cash song - real cold and heartfelt)

Erika

MouseMadness said:
But she does know what salll-mun is, right? :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry Erika, I am just not as good a person as you. I still think Kellie's an idiot. :eek: :lol:

:lol: If I didn't know my "Kellie" I would agree with you. Until I got to know her, I admit I didn't think too highly of her. :eek: Turns out she's very lovable.

BRER STITCH

IN AN EFFORT TO GET BACK ON TRACK, HERE'S MY PREFERRED IDOL/SONG PAIRINGS FOR NEXT WEEK, TAKEN FROM THE LIST POSTED ABOVE YESTERDAY.

WHAT'S YOURS????

----------------------------------------------

KELLY: "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - No comment. :lookaroun

KATHERINE: "What A Wonderful World" - Lots of time to smile and stare into the camera in between phrases.

PARIS: "Smile" - She can make this the cutest version ever!

CHRIS: "Long Ago and Far Away" - I've heard a hard rock version of this that was pretty cool. Maybe Chris has heard it too and can make it sound like every other song he does...and does well! :)

TAYLOR: "You Send Me" - Classic 50's recording would be up his alley. Could always wimp out and do Blue Moon, too... :confused:

ELLIOTT: "They Can't Take That Away From Me" - Give him a chance to break out if the big band arrangement is good enough to let him showcase his voice and stage presence. NOW is the time Elliott!!! :sohappy:

ACE: "My Funny Valentine" - Gives him lots of "staring into the camera time"! Maybe he should take this time to wear a tux and comb his hair! :lookaroun

GenerationX

BRER STITCH said:
Next week's theme is Rod Stewart's album, "The Great American Songbook".

There is quite a selection of songs to choose from, so I thought I'd post them so everyone can match up their favorite IDOL with the song they'd love to hear them perform.

Here they are:
:)

=======================================

Disk 1: It Had To Be You

1. You Go To My Head
2. They Can't Take That Away From Me
3. The Way You Look Tonight
4. It Had to Be You
5. That Old Feeling
6. These Foolish Things
7. The Very Thought of You
8. Moonglow
9. I'll Be Seeing You
10. Everytime We Say Goodbye
11. The Nearness of You
12. For All We Know
13. We'll Be Together Again
14. That's All

Disk 2: As Time Goes By...

1. Time After Time
2. I’m In The Mood For Love
3. Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
4. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
5. 'Till There Was You
6. Until The Real Thing Comes Along
7. Where Or When
8. Smile
9. My Heart Stood Still
10. Someone To Watch Over Me
11. As Time Goes By
12. I Only Have Eyes For You
13. Crazy She Calls Me
14. Our Love Is Here To Stay

Disk 3: Stardust

1. Embraceable You
2. For Sentimental Reasons
3. Blue Moon
4. What A Wonderful World
5. Stardust
6. Manhattan
7. S'Wonderful
8. Isn't It Romantic
9. I Can't Get Started
10. But Not For Me
11. Kiss To Build A Dream On
12. Baby, It's Cold Outside
13. Night And Day
14. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

Disk 4: Thanks For The Memory

1. I've Got a Crush on You
2. I Wish You Love
3. You Send Me
4. Long Ago and Far Away
5. Makin' Whoopee
6. My One and Only Love
7. Taking a Chance on Love
8. My Funny Valentine
9. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
10. Nevertheless
11. Blue Skies
12. Let's Fall in Love
13. Thanks for the Memory
a.k.a. "My grandma and grandpa's record collection"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom