American Idol!

Uponastar

Across the board I think the boys outsang the girls.
But I would have to agree that Kevin and Will will go tonight.

The judges are repetitive and boring.
Maybe they should be voted off!

hcswingfield

Did anyone else notice that the song Chicken Little did was the same song that Clay Aiken had a meltdown on during his competition? It was in one of the last few rounds, and they pulled a song out of a hat, and he pulled "Vincent" and clearly did not like the song and put no effort into it. At least Kevin sang the whole song, remembered the words, and stayed on key. He still needs to go, though. I predict the final four will be Chris, Taylor, Mandisa and McPhee. From there, any of them could win.

Dubman

SpongeScott said:
McPhee will NOT be in the Final Four. Just my prediction/observation....

You mean you don't have McPhee-ver??? I bet there is going to be a spike in sales of "Calamary" and "Sallmon".. I agree, I don't believe she will be in final 4, but she is entertaining!!

SpongeScott

Dubman said:
You mean you don't have McPhee-ver??? I bet there is going to be a spike in sales of "Calamary" and "Sallmon".. I agree, I don't believe she will be in final 4, but she is entertaining!!
You're thinking of Pickler and she won't be there either.

MouseMadness

Dubman said:

The "calamary" was funny and sweet last week, but "sallmon" this week is like, ugh, okay, I get it, you're a small town girl. I mean, she can't be that naive, can she? :lookaroun (Don't get me wrong, I like her, but the whole "Look how wide eyed and naive I am!" thing is starting to seem insincere)

/end cattiness.

:eek: :lol:

I love Chris! :sohappy: I think I have a crush for the first time since High School :eek: :eek: (And for me, the sooner Ace goes, the better, ugh! :hurl: )

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Here is my take...My responses are to both Scott and Michael...and are underlined. I mostly agree with Scott...you pretty much seem right on the money.

STR8FAN2005 said:
Girls:
Mandisa-everyone seems to like her. that would be because she is flat out the best singer in the competition right now.
Agreed.
Kellie-stage presense, loveability, large fan support. average singer, getting better. She's surviving on looks right now.
Agreed. I like her, but she is definitely not the best singer.
Katharine-great potential. It showed Tuesday and in the auditions. Not impressed, never have been.
Agree, except I thought the first song she did was good. I do think she's putting up a bit of an act though. I think she's really cocky in real life though. I think she thinks she's got this in the bag.
Paris-overrated Not overrated, but I've not been as impressed with her as I was through the auditions. I know...I thought she'd be amazing after auditions...but she hasn't impressed me as much either...I love her spunk.
Lisa-overrated Absolutely not overrated and probably my sentimental favorite. She's got an unbelieveable voice and stage presence for 16 years old. Her song selection must get better.
She's definitely not one of my favorite favories...but she does need to pick better songs if she's going to stay.
Kinnik-gone Thursday Agreed
Melissa-gone Thursday Agreed
Ayla Brown-no personality/stage presense. Disagree. She is undoubtedly the hardest worker in the group and she might stick around with her drive and determination, but she won't win.
I can see both your points and I'm still on the fence

Guys:
Chris-the only one that matters. I'm still not that impressed with him--like I said before, to me it's controlled screaming. I want to see him do something in a different style.
Even though his singing isn't my kind of music...I think he's an amazing undiscovered talent
Kevin-joke Just as you vote for Kellie and Katharine on their HOTTness, Kevin is being carried by the young female vote. Titt for tatt.
Agree with you too, Scott. The cute factor is definitely pulling him along
Will-joke Gone.
Taylor Hicks-mental Not mental, but a showman. He nailed his song tonight. I agree...not mental! Can I just say that I love Taylor! He is so much fun and a pretty good singer too. You can tell he really loves this. I like him more each time I see him
Elliot-I feel no connection with him. Very good singer, one of the best of the guys.
I agree...a good singer...but I don't feel much of a connection either.
Gideon-again mental Here is my no connection person. Yes, he's a good singer, but I can't get past the attitude and cockiness.
I also can't get a connection from him
Ace-has proved to be nothing more than a pretty face. Agreed. I'm not impressed. Well, I'm a girl, so I think he's very hot. I liked his first song...the second didn't impress me and the third reminded me of Justin Timberlake...who I love...so while I like him...but still not sure about him...
Bucky-you have got be kidding. Bucky is a poor man's Bo. He's okay, but if he lasts this week, he won't be along for long in the Final 12.Totally agree there too.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
McPhee will NOT be in the Final Four. Just my prediction/observation....
I have a very strong feeling you're right about that too, Scott. Especially if her cockiness that I believe she has comes out a little more.

SpongeScott

nibblesandbits said:
I have a very strong feeling you're right about that too, Scott. Especially if her cockiness that I believe she has comes out a little more.
Time will tell. I still wish we could vote a singer off each week, like Survivor.

Computer Magic

Ayla and Giddeon were voted out.

Not happy about Ayla, but Giddeon is a happy surprise.

Mousemadness: How many times did you vote for Bucky to keep him in :lol:

Debbie

It was hard to see Ayla take it so hard. Everyone will 'lose' but one; you can't look at it like that. Every one of them up there are winners. She can certainly leave holding her head up high. She did a great job.

Computer Magic

Debbie said:
It was hard to see Ayla take it so hard. Everyone will 'lose' but one; you can't look at it like that. Every one of them up there are winners. She can certainly leave holding her head up high. She did a great job.
I got the feeling she's not use to losing....She is very competitive.

Sometimes that's the best thing that can happend....it builds character and makes you stronger....

MouseMadness

Computer Magic said:
Ayla and Giddeon were voted out.

Not happy about Ayla, but Giddeon is a happy surprise.

Mousemadness: How many times did you vote for Bucky to keep him in :lol:

Hmph! I'm not the only redneck in this country. :p (And I have yet to vote for any American Idol contestant, ever, lol)

I was really shocked by Ayla. :eek: They were standing there and I thought, pfffft, Ayla is sooooo in! So I left to do... whatever... and I come back and she is in tears! And I said GIRLS! WHAT HAPPENED!! :lol: I couldn't believe it. Oh well. Now it gets fun. :sohappy:

LouDisney

I am having a hard time predicting right now, who will make it to the end, with the girls anyway. I do think Chris will make it to the end, as far as the guys go, maybe Taylor too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom