American Idol!

SpongeScott

Computer Magic said:
Ayla and Giddeon were voted out.

Not happy about Ayla, but Giddeon is a happy surprise.

Mousemadness: How many times did you vote for Bucky to keep him in :lol:
Ayla stunned me; Gideon made up for it.

GenerationX

None of the four boots shocked or disappointed me.

Going by previous seasons, isn't it about time for a really surprising boot ... a fan favorite who has an okay week, but fails to inspire their voting base? I remember this happened to Jennifer Hudson a couple of seasons ago, and I had picked her for the final four.

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:
None of the four boots shocked or disappointed me.

Going by previous seasons, isn't it about time for a really surprising boot ... a fan favorite who has an okay week, but fails to inspire their voting base? I remember this happened to Jennifer Hudson a couple of seasons ago, and I had picked her for the final four.
I'm sure that will happen at some point and time. That's part of the reason why we watch.

CaptainMichael

SpongeScott said:
i think testosterone has clouded your vision.
No, I don't think so. That whole "article" was obviously contrived by some bitter individual with nothing better to do with his/her time than to make up malicious stories about someone that has found some fame and happiness. Believe it or not, girls like this do exist. I guess that some people just cannot grasp this concept and automatically call such girls "fake".

I will agree with everyone on this thread that she isn't the best singer, but she also isn't the worst.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I went to high school with a girl a lot like Ayla. She worked hard, got everything she wanted, and won every competition. Then all of a sudden things came crashing down on her, and she realized that she got caught doing a little laurel-resting. I think this was the first time that Ayla didn't win what she was working on at the time and took it hard. It's too bad for her that her first disappointment was on national television.

On the other hand, I really like Taylor. Like they say every week, he has so much enthusiasm. He brings life to the competition, and smiles the whole time. There's something cute about him... :)

DDuckFan130

AMH97 said:
I went to high school with a girl a lot like Ayla. She worked hard, got everything she wanted, and won every competition. Then all of a sudden things came crashing down on her, and she realized that she got caught doing a little laurel-resting. I think this was the first time that Ayla didn't win what she was working on at the time and took it hard. It's too bad for her that her first disappointment was on national television.

On the other hand, I really like Taylor. Like they say every week, he has so much enthusiasm. He brings life to the competition, and smiles the whole time. There's something cute about him... :)
I am actually quite surprised at Ayla being booted. From the sounds of it, Melissa sounded like the more obvious choice. But oh well :lol:

Taylor just makes me laugh...but in a good way. He has sooo much energy on stage and it's contagious. Good for him and good for everyone else that made the top 12 :)

GenerationX

Those stories about Kellie at votefortheworst may very well be true. Still, that doesn't change my assertion that she has the best stage presence of the women. Also, I suspect the producers have encouraged her "dumb, innocent girl" persona. Reality show producers look for certain personality types and will ask leading questions in interviews to help emphasize the trait. The temptation to play along, especially when it's working, has to be difficult to resist.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I just got done watching AI (gotta love Tivo!)

Well, I was a bit shocked by Ayla and Gideon being voted off...I would have thought Bucky...I just didn't realize how much appeal he would have had.

I'm very glad Melissa stayed in the competition...I really do think she's a good singer but that since she doesn't get much stage time...and because of that fewer people have a connection with her...she will get voted off soon...she's definitely not the best...but I don't think she's the worst yet either.

You also gotta love that Chicken Little has some fans. I was sure he was gone this week...I guess I underestimated the amount of people who like him. (I mean I think he's a cute kid and all...but definitely not the best singer. A good singer, but not the best.)

I'm also very glad (although I had a feeling) that Taylor is there. I get this dumb smile on my face every time he gets on the screen. It's kinda the same feeling I got everytime I saw Clay Aiken. He just makes me happy. :)

Only time will tell though. The competition just got very interesting.

Dizknee_Phreek

Was no one else saddened that Will left tonight? I mean, I knew he wouldn't make it to the final few, but I thought for sure he'd make it to the final 12. I thought he was so much better, and had such a better stage presence than Bucky and Chicken Little (sorry to the fans of those two). He was my second favorite guy...right behind Patrick. So my top two guys are out even before the final 12...it's sad. I still really like Taylor and Chris, though. Ace is good too.
The girls actually didn't surprise me. I knew it would be between those bottom three (assuming Melissa was bottom three).
BTW, did Ayla remind anyone else of a really tall Keira Knightley?

Computer Magic

DDuckFan130 said:
I am actually quite surprised at Ayla being booted. From the sounds of it, Melissa sounded like the more obvious choice. But oh well :lol:

Taylor just makes me laugh...but in a good way. He has sooo much energy on stage and it's contagious. Good for him and good for everyone else that made the top 12 :)
I just can't get past his stage moves....it ain't pretty and hard to watch.

I say Bucky and Melissia are the next two to go for the coming weeks.....if no upsets happens like GenerationX mention......I see that coming soon as well.

I would have picked Will over Bucky.....

MouseMadness

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Was no one else saddened that Will left tonight? I mean, I knew he wouldn't make it to the final few, but I thought for sure he'd make it to the final 12. I thought he was so much better, and had such a better stage presence than Bucky and Chicken Little (sorry to the fans of those two). He was my second favorite guy...right behind Patrick. So my top two guys are out even before the final 12...it's sad. I still really like Taylor and Chris, though. Ace is good too.
The girls actually didn't surprise me. I knew it would be between those bottom three (assuming Melissa was bottom three).
BTW, did Ayla remind anyone else of a really tall Keira Knightley?

Very much, especially when she smiles.

MouseMadness

Computer Magic said:
I just can't get past his stage moves....it ain't pretty and hard to watch.

I say Bucky and Melissia are the next two to go for the coming weeks.....if no upsets happens like GenerationX mention......I see that coming soon as well.

I would have picked Will over Bucky.....

I agree with the middle part (bucky and melissa)

I disagree with the bottom part. :lol: :lookaroun

I am anxious for Kevin to be gone. :rolleyes: He sounds like any of the guys at any high school musical or choir concert I've been to. *sigh* I just don't get it.

Dubman

MouseMadness said:
I am anxious for Kevin to be gone. :rolleyes: He sounds like any of the guys at any high school musical or choir concert I've been to. *sigh* I just don't get it.

I totally agree!!! What is up with that!

Glad to see Gideon gone though... Surprised somewhat about Ayla, thought she would make top 12.

Nemo14

MouseMadness said:
Totally agree - I really hoped he'd be gone last night!

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:
I agree with the middle part (bucky and melissa)

I disagree with the bottom part. :lol: :lookaroun

Well...I agree with your bottom part :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom