American Idol!

nibblesandbits

So...what's it going to be like not seeing "Scotty the Body" on AI tonight???

Heavenly! :sohappy:
I REALLY can't wait for tonight's episode! No more Scott! No more Scott!!!

imagineer boy

I felt sorry for the stage when Scott was dancing on it. Must've been painful. :lol:

This week's elimination will be easy. We'll all know that it will be Anthony.

Safari Giraffe

It probably was painful.....after all he is a "big boy". I am so glad he is gone. I can't stand people with that type of attitude and no talent to back it up. Anthony is a nice kid, but he has to go this week. I would like Bo to win, but it might end up being Carrie. Oh well......:lookaroun

imagineer boy said:
I felt sorry for the stage when Scott was dancing on it. Must've been painful. :lol:

This week's elimination will be easy. We'll all know that it will be Anthony.

Invero

Original Poster
I'm sorry, but I hope Bo leaves this week. He just doesn't impress me. Not that Anthony does... but he at least has a cute smile to entertain me while I have it on mute.

Vonzell on the other hand, SHE MUST STAY!!!

nicholas

DDuckFan130 said:
Uh, does anyone have any idea what happened with Vonzell?

I feel bad for her :(
She misses her boyfriend, Scott Savol.

But seriously, whatever it was, it must be pretty serious. Hope everything is ok with her.

Laura

Premium Member
Tough choice this week. As much as I've always disliked Anthony, he's actually been getting a lot better lately and I enjoy listening to him (don't really care for the conceited attitude though).

Bo is my favorite but I found him kind of boring this week. I thought Carrie was fantastic on both songs (not sure why the judges disliked the 2nd song?). Wish I knew what was going on with Vonzell, I'm sure it will be in the news soon, but I thought she was great as usual and I think she might just win this over Carrie in the end. Anthony is definitely "most improved" but I don't think he's in the same league as the other 3.

LouDisney

In my opinion Carrie was not good tonight. Bo was great and Vonzell's second performance was better than the first. Anthony's second performance was the better of the 2. I felt bad for Vonzell when she got upset.

Atta83

OK my two cents.

Carrie: Awesome on both songs, country is def that girls strong advantage.

Bo: First song eh, second song loved it my bro even got into it.

Vonzell: Im sorry both songs just seemed out of tuned to me and off key at the beg.

Anthony: Much better than last week but is still weak to me, nothing seemed to catch me in his songs.

DDuckFan130

Carrie: Eh, I guess since country is her thing, she did fine. But I hated the song. Second song was definitely not happening. I agree with the judges.

Bo: First and second songs he did just fine. I just hated the flip flops in the second performance :brick: so like Simon said, horrible image, fantastic performance.

Vonzell: In her first song, she definitely started off shaky but she rocked it in the end. And woo her second song was the best performance of the night :sohappy:

Anthony: He did fine on both songs.

Don't know what's happening tomorrow, so we'll see.

imagineer boy

Carrie: First song was great, second one sucked.

Overall: B+

Bo: First one was okay, the second one was better.

Overall: A-

Anthony: Frist one was Meeeh, second one was better.

Overall: B-

Vonzell: First one was excelent, second one was brilliant.

Overall: A+

I don't know what was up with Vonzell. I have a feeling that there might be some health problems with her dad because she said she cried every time she saw him in the audience.

Invero

Original Poster
So here's my thoughts on everything:

Carrie: *yawn*
Bo: Put the mic stand down. The microphone DOES come out of the holder you know.
Vonzell: First song, I got worried for her. Second song... WOW... I even instant replayed it. She is MY American Idol.
Anthony: Um... isn't that what Carrie sang? Didn't like his version of it either. (Then again, I can't stand that song)

Aurora_25

Invero said:
THEY DID IT AGAIN!!!

They screwed up the voting numbers again. This time on Closed Captioning.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/05/american_idol_g.html
Does that mean they will redo it again?? I mean they screwed up all the numbers but Carrie's....

blog said:
Also, even though this error might not affect the outcome, it raises even more questions about the reliability of the American Idol voting system. Obviously, American Idol producers have problems with numbers, and if they can't display phone numbers correctly, then how are we to believe that they can count millions of votes correctly.

I have to agree that AI seems to have trouble with numbers alot and it makes you wonder how they are keeping track of the voting when they can't even get the numbers right to begin with...

Aurora_25

OK....here's the official statment on captioning from Fox. Sounds like no re-count will be done.

STATEMENT REGARDING CLOSED CAPTIONING ON AMERICAN IDOL

MAY 10, 2005

During the second round of songs on the Tuesday, May 10 live broadcast, the closed-caption graphic listing call-in numbers for the various contestants was identical for every performer. While the producers and network acknowledge the closed-captioning error, the correct call-in number for each performer was still read by Ryan Seacrest and broadcast on screen during each performance, as well as the show recap.

The producers and network apologize to our hearing-impaired viewers for any confusion, and the situation was immediately corrected for our tape-delayed west coast broadcast.

Doesn't seem right to me- but oh well...

nicholas

This begs the question...are deaf people even voting? Maybe that's an insensitive question, but...seriously. If they can't hear the performances.... ????

wannab@dis

nicholas said:
This begs the question...are deaf people even voting? Maybe that's an insensitive question, but...seriously. If they can't hear the performances.... ????

They have to be... that would explain why Scott lasted so long and Vonzell is still on the show. :lol:

I hope that Vonzell is gone this week. She's been going down hill while the others have been improving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom