American Idol!

DDuckFan130

I can see where they're coming from, because Bo, Constantine, and Carrie have been "pimped" from the start. I just don't think this is the way to go at all :(

GenerationX

I'd say Carrie and Bo have gotten more pimping than any of their competitors. Probably on a par with how much Ruben got, but nowhere near the shameless promotion they gave to Fantasia last season. That was truly painful to watch. LaToya may not have had as much personality as Fantasia, but to my ears she was a far better singer. I almost stopped watching last season when the judges lavished heaping mounds of praise on Fantasia on Big Band Night. You may recall she performed that huge Big Band classic "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by that huge group from the 1940's, Queen. The fact that she didn't have to live within the same rules as the others made me ill. :fork:

ANYway, I kind of figured Scott's continuing presence on the show involved foul play of some sort.

nibblesandbits

DDuckFan130 said:
I can see where they're coming from, because Bo, Constantine, and Carrie have been "pimped" from the start. I just don't think this is the way to go at all :(

See...I have to disagree with you guys on this topic. I honestly think Ruben and Fantasia were "pimped" way more than Carrie and Bo ever have been. For those two it was just SO blatent! This year, I'm really having a lot of trouble figuring out who's going to win b/c this year it seems like the judges don't even know who they actually want to win.

imagineer boy

Yeah! Vote him off! Vote him off!

My local news paper said "Who's next this week? Carrie? Bo? Heck, let's just kick everyone off already and crown Scott the next American Idol since he keeps surviving so much."

nibblesandbits

Hey...at least Bo has talent...Scott got in trouble too (possibly for something worse) and without the talent, he's still getting voted on! I would rather vote for a druggie who can sing instead of an abuser who can't!

DDuckFan130

nibblesandbits said:
Hey...at least Bo has talent...Scott got in trouble too (possibly for something worse) and without the talent, he's still getting voted on! I would rather vote for a druggie who can sing instead of an abuser who can't!
Agreed.

However much AI wants to sugarcoat Scott's personality and how "sweet" he is to his family, I don't buy it. His attitude on the show suggests he is the opposite of what AI tells us.

Dizknee_Phreek

nibblesandbits said:
I'll third that! They've both gotten into trouble, but their personalities (and talent) seperates them. At least Bo is talented and seems nice and kind of fun to be around. Scott's just a slug.

DDuckFan130

Dizknee_Phreek said:
I'll third that! They've both gotten into trouble, but their personalities (and talent) seperates them. At least Bo is talented and seems nice and kind of fun to be around. Scott's just a slug.
And a thug :hammer:

imagineer boy

Dizknee_Phreek said:

Agreed! And and alot of famouse stars have had drug problems. I mean, look at Ray charles! He had a terrible drug addiction. Also, Johnny Depp had some drug problems too in his past. But they're still over all good people. Same story with Bo. I mean, a rock band on the road for ten years, they'd atleast smoke somthing. :lol:

Now wife beating shows your personality and your temper. That showcases Scott's. He needs to leave now! I will not live to see a women beater become the next american idol.

Erika

DDuckFan130 said:
Agreed.

However much AI wants to sugarcoat Scott's personality and how "sweet" he is to his family, I don't buy it. His attitude on the show suggests he is the opposite of what AI tells us.

Plus- remember this? When he first appeared on the show, at his try-out, the judges asked him why he wanted to be the next American Idol. He said it was because his dad is always telling him he's nothing, and will never amount to anything, because his dad never amounted to anything, is a huge failure, blah blah blah. So he says this about his father on national tv and now there's his dad talking about what a great son he has! I almost feel sorry for him. My family is far from perfect but that is a little too much dysfunction for me and regardless, I don't take domestic violence lightly. I may not have voted for every past Idol winner but I still felt happy for each one of them. That won't be the case in this instance (IF he wins).

DDuckFan130

Erika said:
Plus- remember this? When he first appeared on the show, at his try-out, the judges asked him why he wanted to be the next American Idol. He said it was because his dad is always telling him he's nothing, and will never amount to anything, because his dad never amounted to anything, is a huge failure, blah blah blah. So he says this about his father on national tv and now there's his dad talking about what a great son he has! I almost feel sorry for him. My family is far from perfect but that is a little too much dysfunction for me and regardless, I don't take domestic violence lightly. I may not have voted for every past Idol winner but I still felt happy for each one of them. That won't be the case in this instance (IF he wins).
Oh yeahh!! I totally forgot about that. NOW he's a great son because he's famous. Too many contradictions in that family. I get mixed signals from him, and many of those signals are negative.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Scott just said something about a fashion coordinator dressing him so he can be "more appealing to people."

:hurl:

'nuff said.

Invero

Original Poster
He wants to be more appealing?

Lose some weight, learn to sing, kick the attitude, and stop the violence!

Invero

Original Poster
Im lagged, so I haven't seen that. But I always get bummed when they sing my favorite songs because they butcher them! Like, On Broadway, I love that song. And BSB... those are my boys!!!

Atta83

Invero said:
Im lagged, so I haven't seen that. But I always get bummed when they sing my favorite songs because they butcher them! Like, On Broadway, I love that song. And BSB... those are my boys!!!

YAY BSB. And o btw their new album is goooooooddddd ;) :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom