American Idol!

Computer Magic

Laura22 said:
I noticed Carrie had a smug look on her face when Jessica was voted off. My personal theory is that Jessica was probably a big flirt and was stealing the attention of the guys and it made the other girls jealous. So they are glad to see her gone so they can get more male attention. :lol:

I still don't know if I think Carrie will win. Remember Josh Grayson? He was a good (and good looking) country singer but he wasn't suited to be a "pop" idol so he was eventually voted off. Carrie is good, but other contestants like Nikko Smith are creeping up on her.
Maybe but Carrie did the song by Heart very well. I was a Josh fan but his vocal were only suited for country.

nicholas

Computer Magic said:
Maybe but Carrie did the song by Heart very well. I was a Josh fan but his vocal were only suited for country.
Just read in Entertainment Weekly that after she sang that song, it shot to number 25 on the iTunes top 100 list. That's pretty impressive.

Computer Magic

nicholas said:
Just read in Entertainment Weekly that after she sang that song, it shot to number 25 on the iTunes top 100 list. That's pretty impressive.
I always loved that song and I got goose bumps when I heard Carrie sang it.

I have never bought a Idol album although I watch the show every season. If she put that song on a album, I would buy it on Tuesday. release day

The_CEO

I seriously feel she is going to win the competition.. She is one the most talented I've seen! :) Scott is going bye bye next week.. There goes the female vote..

imagineer boy

Its on again tonite, and its theme is Musicals! This should be very interesting. Hopfully there will be a few Disney songs sung tonite.

nicholas

As long as Carrie sings "Don't Rain on My Parade," I will be happy!

I've been waiting for a Broadway night since season 1, but figured they would never do it since Simon always complains about people sounding too Broadway.

surfsupdon

nicholas said:
As long as Carrie sings "Don't Rain on My Parade," I will be happy!

When Robin Williams sings that song in Mrs. Doubtfire I laugh uncontrollably. His look combined with his mannerisms and voice inflection are very funny.

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Its on again tonite, and its theme is Musicals! This should be very interesting. Hopfully there will be a few Disney songs sung tonite.
:eek: That's a great theme! I hope they do Singin' in the Rain or any Gene Kelly :sohappy:

DDuckFan130

Invero said:
At least Mikala is gone, so we don't have to worry about a good song being butchered!
:lol:

But...DUN DUN DUN....Scott is there :eek:

And ahhh he might do Gene Kelly :brick: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TiggerBW

Scott STINKS! He's aweful!

I agree about Mikela - I loved West Side Story - Somewhere and she KILLED IT!

I am excited about this theme though!!!!

DDuckFan130

Scott: Ugh, I get the feeling he's going to stay over Anthony...he didn't sing all that great though.

Constantine: LOVED IT! He definitely had his best performance tonight!

Carrie: Not the best she's done. Sounded pitchy and she saved herself in the end.

Vonzell: Very nice! Gaining more fans by the week.

Anthony: Why, oh why did he do that song?! He's going home tomorrow.

Nikko: Not as good as last week.

Anwar: Nice job. But pitchy in some parts. Still love him.

Bo: Not his best, but still all right.

Nadia: Very good performance! Miami representing right there!!!! :sohappy:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I gotta say, I had such high hopes for tonight. I know a lot of musicals and I know there's a lot of good songs out there, but no one seemed to pick them. Maybe the more popular stuff couldn't get cleared or something. No Phantom, no JCS. I really thought with all of the guys "Wheels of A Dream" should have been in there somewhere. Maybe because some of the contestants admitted that they didn't know much about musicals they just didn't know what to pick?

nicholas

Well, it sounded like they had a list of songs to choose from going by what Bo said. And Constantine said there were not able to do modern musicals. So there choices were pretty limited. But yeah, Broadway did not come off looking good tonight.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Should have hit the TiVo on that one - didn't quite catch what Constantine said. But now it does make a little more sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom