American Idol in Superstar theater...Proof

wedway71

How successful will the attraction be once people figure out it's just an opportunity to sit around and watch your fellow theme park guests sing?

Umm...

Sure people will show up because by God it's AMERICAN IDOL!! But once they figure out the concept sucks and that they've spent $70 to sit here and watch a Wal-Mart employee from Arkansas sing Blue Oyster Cult or High School Musical or whatever...I'm thinking this "attraction" is going to tank.

Even worse than Monsters, Inc. Hell, admit it, this is worse than Stitch!

Actually I would pay $100 to see a Wal-MART Employee from Arkansas sing Blue Oyster Colt.
J/K but seriously, I dont like American Idol. But the masses do. Not sure how long it will last but trust you me -this will be huge.

Figment1986

I was wondering that as well. Disney's record labels can only take you so far, unless all anyone wants to hear is High School Musical, Aly and AJ, Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, and the Jonas Brothers.

Doesn't Disney already pay ASCAP and BMI fees? That would make them clear to use any song they want as long as the attraction is licensed with those 2 groups.

djkidkaz

Just realized something!

I think many of us would agree that the show building looks awesome! It will make the ABC theater look ALOT nicer. So Disney uses American Idol for a year or two, then is able to replace it with something tottally different, but they will already have this beautiful theater. Thats my hope anyway.

the-reason14

To someone who isn't as interested in the show, that audition pass may not be a big deal...but to the people who will probably be singing, it more than likely will be.

Oh and you forgot about Carrie Underwood...probably the most successful Idol winner yet.

True, and the people who really want to make it in singing will hopefully say screw it and try to make it like some of the most successful people in teh industry made it. I mean, people get so excited on the show because they are going to hollywood. Woop te doo, but that doesnt mean you are going to win, and even if you do, you could end up like fantasia, ruben, that dude from the first season, and be dropped. Thats alittle ot, but sometimes I just dont get it with the show.

RSoxNo1

A lot of cynicism going on here, and all it really stems from is the American Idol name. Given the popularity of this television show, it stands to reason that the attendance will be good for this show. With that said, I don't think the shelf life for this stage show is that long. I'm not sure how long Who Wants to be a Millionaire or Superstar Television lasted, but I'm guessing that like many of the other DHS/MGM stage shows this won't have much more than a 4-6 year run. Of course that's just speculation on my end. I'm willing to give the show a chance. I like American Idol, although I like the auditions more than the search for real talent. I would love to be a judge for this show. I think the danger with a show like this, is that the quality of each show is going to vary quite largely because it's predicated on guest performance. Who Wants to be a Millionaire had that, but not to this capacity.

One thing I'm happy with though is that this attraction does have a place in DHS. The show's biggest catch phrase, "I'm Going to Hollywood" may be reason enough, but the concept of the show itself is fitting.

I welcome the show, and look forward to seeing it when I go at the end of this year. I don't think it completes DHS, but it's another step in the right direction.

EpcotServo

I was thinking about where the voting pads in the seats will be until...

it hit me like a ton of bricks....

TEXTING! (Or Txten)

-costs no construction money.

-Hip'n Edgy

-ties in to the show

-costs little money to run

-works for laugh Floor

-Works for the TV show.

-Again, costs no money to build.

-no seating changes

-makes people come for the result show to see if the person you voted for made it.

:brick:
:shrug:
:cry:
:(
:veryconfu

PeeplMoovr

Do I like American Idol-NO

Do I watch American Idol-NO NO NO

Will it be a huge Attraction and draw huge crowds-YES

Ditto.

As much as I hate to admit it these days, I'm no longer included in Disney's sought-after market. :shrug: Bad for me, good for Disney, I suppose.

Animaniac93-98

Since it's in a Disney park I think everyone should try t sing some completely obscure Disney song (well, obscure to the average vacationer) to audition. Come on, you know what I mean, "The Monkey's Uncle", "Flitterin'", "Fortuosity", "The Gnome-Moblie", "The Spectrum Song", or even one of the old Epcot songs...like "The Computer Song" from Communicore! Or even sing "Momma don't wup, little Bufurd! Momma don't beat on his head..."

or if all else fails sing..."Normal View...Normal View...Normal View!"

I think that the Idol attraction will be a great addition to the park. Just like millionaire, it will be a fun thing for first time guests and become a tradition for returning. For those of you who have problems with DHS having shows, possibly to many of them, remember their slogan is "Where Showbiz Is" so thats the point of the park to have shows. Our family though we never watch millionaire, every time we arrived at MGM, we always went there, because it was an opportunity for us to have fun. American Idol, may be winding down, but that doesn't mean that there are people who won'te participate in the attraction.

LordHelmut

Look on the bright side.....

Ok, who am I kidding....

Once again the forces of marketing and following blindly where others have tread win out over something.... anything *remotely* original.

I would almost pay money to see how many people sat in a room during the development of this idea that really were convinced that this would be around in another two years.

(sigh)

Anyway, for those who may seek a reference to why this will be a popular attraction, find your way to whatever source of video you have an view "Idiocracy" (2006). It explains quite a lot about everyday life, and decisions such as these.

Doesn't make it any easier to take, but it does explain.

Now back to watching 'ow my balls'

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm getting the sense that Disney is going to use DHS in a similar way that NBC Universal is using their parks...basically using a temporary pop culture phenomenon to create an attraction that can easily create a lot of publicity and buzz, get people to visit for a couple of years, then replace it.

I don't agree with it, but then again, at least it's at DHS and not one of the other WDW parks where it most definitely would not fit.

ccmuffin2

I can't wait for this attraction to open !!! Here's my audition song I'm gonna sing !

" Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care...Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care....Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care... Why Hasn't that Drew Carey Show Gone Away ??? "

Enchantris

I love how you all call yourselves Disney lovers but are always so negative. It makes reading these boards so disheartening. Enough said.

I think it will be a great hit and I also see Disney doing it with the expectations for it to be here for a limited period of time. Besides it will give some nice renovation to the ABC Theater.

Lets just look forward to it!

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom