American Idol in Superstar theater...Proof

sillykid

Sorry I must admit, I LOVE Idol. But this? I really don't know. I wonder how many good and how many horrible they will send through for each show.

DisneyDellsDude

At least it is a *new attraction. Something not copied from another park, something not pixar based, not a screen based show (hopefully)...:)

It will be interesting to see. Personally, I think it could be kind of good, and I don't watch American Idol. Will I attempt to sing? NO! But It would be fun to watch once and awhile! The concept art looks really good! It should liven the Studios up a bit at night :)

EpcotServo

One more item of interest: Songs? are they going to be paying to use real songs?

It's really stupid because this would've been better: Rock Band:Live! OR Guitar Hero: Live!

More people would know how to do it and it'd be ALOT cooler.
:D

Pirate665

The building doesn't really fit in near the Hollywood that never was... then again neither does the hideous hat.

>Steve

uklad79

One more item of interest: Songs? are they going to be paying to use real songs?

It's really stupid because this would've been better: Rock Band:Live! OR Guitar Hero: Live!

More people would know how to do it and it'd be ALOT cooler.
:D

Maybe it will be limited to Disney Songs so High School Musical and It's a Small World should go down well.

nibblesandbits

How? The show is indoors. The neon my lighten up the park a bit at night but that's all.
I think they mean make people stay in the studios for more than just a half a day, like they are now. Esp. if you combine it with Toy Story Mania opening soon too. (Of course, I could have read it wrong. :D)

maggiegrace1

AWESOME! I'm a shoe-in!

*clears throat*

Stranded at the drive-in
Branded...a fool...
What will they say...
Monday at school...

*swoons*
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I think I will do good also...

*Bends head down and shakes my hair out*

I made it through the wilderness
Somehow I made it throughhhh
Didn't know how lost I was until I found you

I was beat, incomplete
I'd been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, You made me feel, Shiny and neww

I CANNOT WAIT!:D

XSTech

I was wondering that as well. Disney's record labels can only take you so far, unless all anyone wants to hear is High School Musical, Aly and AJ, Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, and the Jonas Brothers.

PeoplemoverTTA

this is only fun if you can actually sing.

Exactly...how many average park guests are good enough to sing in a show like this? My guess is not many.

I think the idea of an actual "prize" of an AI audition is a really bad one, which will result in DHS being filled with wannabe rock stars coming to the parks for their shot, or with stage moms and dads parading their teenagers to WDW for their shot at AI glory.

xstech said:
I was wondering that as well. Disney's record labels can only take you so far, unless all anyone wants to hear is High School Musical, Aly and AJ, Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, and the Jonas Brothers.

Actually, there are "real" artists on Lyric Street Records (Rascal Flatts, SheDaisy, -and ironically enough, former AI performers Josh Gracin and Bucky Covington). Radio Disney artists are on Hollywood Records; however, inexplicably, Hollywood Records has the rights to Queen music (hollywoodrecords.go.com).

DisneyAnole

Well there goes the hopes of Disney ripping down both the ABC Theater and Sounds Dangerous for maybe a new Indy something. :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean there goes the chance for them to actually add something that might attract crowds and improve the park? Yeah. There went that chance.

So let me get this straight...

HM refurb
SSE
American Idol....

Dear God, what's next? I'm afraid to ask.

And I love Jay Ratsolo saying American Idol is a pop culture phenomenon. That's what Disney parks have become. A storehouse for pop culture crap that will be outdated and unhip within months. I'm so glad I'm not a AP any longer, because adding crap like this shows me that quality entertainment is no longer in Disney's vocabulary.

Pirate665

Exactly...how many average park guests are good enough to sing in a show like this? My guess is not many.

I think the idea of an actual "prize" of an AI audition is a really bad one, which will result in DHS being filled with wannabe rock stars coming to the parks for their shot, or with stage moms and dads parading their teenagers to WDW for their shot at AI glory.

You know, I've been going to Disney for a long time, but if this hits... I love Tower and I love RnRC but DHS is off my list. I don't want to fight my way through wannabe's just in the park to get a chance on TV (esp if they don't even like Disney...). I'll keep going to EPCOT, AK, and MK. Heck, I don't get out to Cali, but now I'll invest the money spent per-year at DHS and spend it on a Annual pass to DL.

>Steve

photoflight

I had to rethink this... A glitzy karaoke competition as an attraction with a line up of no-talent hacks "entertaining" us?

I guess I really didn't have to rethink it after all. I'd rather do a double stint on the "Great Movie Ride" than endure it (or any viewing of the actual show for that matter).

DisneyAnole

Do I like American Idol-NO

Do I watch American Idol-NO NO NO

Will it be a huge Attraction and draw huge crowds-YES

How successful will the attraction be once people figure out it's just an opportunity to sit around and watch your fellow theme park guests sing?

Umm...

Sure people will show up because by God it's AMERICAN IDOL!! But once they figure out the concept sucks and that they've spent $70 to sit here and watch a Wal-Mart employee from Arkansas sing Blue Oyster Cult or High School Musical or whatever...I'm thinking this "attraction" is going to tank.

Even worse than Monsters, Inc. Hell, admit it, this is worse than Stitch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom