American Idol in Superstar theater...Proof

the-reason14

I really dont get it. Its like why? I can see a few people wanting to spend almost all day involved in the show, like auditioning and stuff, but picking ppl from the audience as judges, I dont see that going to well. "You suck," phrases like that, I just dont see that working.

And a grand prize of winning a spot being able to audition on the show, wow thats a great prize, not. If it was something like being able to perform at other disney theme parks across the globe or a free trip then it would be worthwhile imo, but just to get a chance to audition for the real show, Ill pass. How many AI winners have been dropped from their labels again? Almost all of them except Kelly I think. Most people that didnt win are the most successful right now.

Pirate665

As Luke Skywalker said...

**clears throat**

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**cough cough**

Thank you for the news, now I'm going to go in the back and have a good cry.

>Steve

nibblesandbits

IDOL "GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" --
Walt Disney World Resort has announced plans to create a high-energy "American Idol" attraction bringing the pop culture phenomenon to Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Each eligible "Grand Finale" park guest who wins the daily competition will qualify for a guaranteed slot for regional auditions for the "American Idol" TV show. The attraction is scheduled to open in late 2008

AmericanIdolExterior.jpg

Image Courteously of Walt Disney World

This right here may be the biggest reason people will do it, right here.

nibblesandbits

I really dont get it. Its like why? I can see a few people wanting to spend almost all day involved in the show, like auditioning and stuff, but picking ppl from the audience as judges, I dont see that going to well. "You suck," phrases like that, I just dont see that working.

And a grand prize of winning a spot being able to audition on the show, wow thats a great prize, not. If it was something like being able to perform at other disney theme parks across the globe or a free trip then it would be worthwhile imo, but just to get a chance to audition for the real show, Ill pass. How many AI winners have been dropped from their labels again? Almost all of them except Kelly I think. Most people that didnt win are the most successful right now.
To someone who isn't as interested in the show, that audition pass may not be a big deal...but to the people who will probably be singing, it more than likely will be.

Oh and you forgot about Carrie Underwood...probably the most successful Idol winner yet.

XSTech

The most interesting part about this announcement is the bit about the audition process. Notice that "live" is in quotation marks. It seems that your audition might be in front of a virtual character, not unlike Crush at Turtle Talk or the monsters at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. Your recorded audition could then be judged throughout the day by other park guests and, in the end, the highest scores of the day will return for an actual live performance in front of a crowd for the grand prize. It appears that technology might be a huge part of this new attraction.

uklad79

The most interesting part about this announcement is the bit about the audition process. Notice that "live" is in quotation marks. It seems that your audition might be in front of a virtual character, not unlike Crush at Turtle Talk or the monsters at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. Your recorded audition could then be judged throughout the day by other park guests and, in the end, the highest scores of the day will return for an actual live performance in front of a crowd for the grand prize. It appears that technology might be a huge part of this new attraction.
The attraction's details are still being worked out, but it will probably operate something like this: Theme park guests ages 14 and up will be able to audition for a Disney casting producer. Those who pass the test will be selected to appear in one of the park's "Idol" stage shows. Rasulo anticipates six to eight such shows a day.

Backstage, the performers will receive hair and makeup touchups from a stylist and singing tips from a vocal coach. Then, the guests will perform on an "Idol"-like set in front of a live audience and three judges. No, not Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell. Instead, Rasulo says it's likely three audience members will be selected to evaluate the performers while a live host will keep the show moving.

Top audience vote-getters will compete in a grand finale show at the end of each day.

I dont see it in quation marks I see it says it's live unless I missed something.

The MaD Hatter

Wait, so we don't even get to see people sing live throughout the day, we have to watch a video of someone singing?!? :brick: If this is true, they just made a bad idea for an attraction even worse. I really wish they would stop with the video-fication of WDW.

Buried20KLeague

As Luke Skywalker said...

**clears throat**

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**cough cough**

Thank you for the news, now I'm going to go in the back and have a good cry.

>Steve

Easily the funniest post I've read in quite a while. Thanks. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

XSTech

I dont see it in quation marks I see it says it's live unless I missed something.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it (most likely) but here's what it says in the press release:

That experience will include an audition process, open to all who register, where guests perform “live” in front of a Disney’s Hollywood Studios producer to be cast in a theme park show. After backstage preparation — working with a vocal coach, hair and make-up — it’s lights up and showtime in front of a “live” audience and a panel of judges.

There will be live audiences for sure. No question about that. It's just a matter of how many and how often.

uklad79

Wait, so we don't even get to see people sing live throughout the day, we have to watch a video of someone singing?!? :brick: If this is true, they just made a bad idea for an attraction even worse. I really wish they would stop with the video-fication of WDW.
The attraction's details are still being worked out, but it will probably operate something like this: Theme park guests ages 14 and up will be able to audition for a Disney casting producer. Those who pass the test will be selected to appear in one of the park's "Idol" stage shows. Rasulo anticipates six to eight such shows a day.

*Cough*

Maerj

I was going to comment on this but I really don't have much to say about it. I know the show is popular but I really don't enjoy it and I'm not really interested in seeing it in a theme park environment. Oh well. :shrug:

darthjohnny

:lol:

Screamscape was right. And everyone was saying, "oh no, it's Screamscape, they're never right."

Cool to see this happen. The concept art looks great. I wonder how it's going to turn out. :)

XSTech

It's really difficult to decipher exactly what will be going on. I can't imagine CMs sitting there all day, every day listening to guest auditions. What if half the park wants to audition? They can't possibly listen to thousands of people sing in a timely manner. There has to be an automated portion of the process.

If they are going to sift through hundreds or thousands of potential singers each day, one by one, that's going to be one exhausting job! :)

uklad79

It's really difficult to decipher exactly what will be going on. I can't imagine CMs sitting there all day, every day listening to guest auditions. What if half the park wants to audition? They can't possibly listen to thousands of people sing in a timely manner. There has to be an automated portion of the process.

Maybe they have 10 video pods where you go in and sing for 2 mins and it's recorded and you leave your mobile phone number. They randomly select a few peoples videos and call them to come and do the show at a time in teh day that suits their plans i.e. some people may have dineing reservations so they fit them into a show that allows them to still make their reservation.

wedway71

Do I like American Idol-NO

Do I watch American Idol-NO NO NO

Will it be a huge Attraction and draw huge crowds-YES

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom