American Idol Experience To Close

wdwfan4ver

I hope I'm wrong, but this screams a cost cutting measure by TDO at this point based on the information mentioned with Star Wars land being years away.

This is a park that doesn't have a lot of attractions open to begin with and having it close means some guests will be leaving the park sooner.

While AIE and Sounds Dangerous Buildings would be a great spot for Frozen, I think it would be better for Star Wars at this point.

DinoInstitute

I hope I'm wrong, but this screams a cost cutting measure by TDO at this point based on the information mentioned with Star Wars land being years away.

This is a park that doesn't have a lot of attractions open to begin with and having it close means some guests will be leaving the park sooner.

While AIE and Sounds Dangerous Buildings would be a great spot for Frozen, I think it would be better for Star Wars at this point.
However, I think they would realize that (or at least hope they would) and not close it unless they had solid plans. Of course, theres no telling whether or not they would go through with those plans, but they probably have something.

At the very least.... just something!

doctornick

There were rumors that AIE was going to close last year when Star Wars plans were being finalized, then SW was put on hold and AIE cast contracts were renewed. It seems likely to me that this closure is related to eventual Star Wars plans. Now, that doesn't mean construction in early 2015 -- the idea that this could be some cost cutting in the meantime is certainly valid. We might not see construction for Star Wars until 2016 or later. But it will happen and long term, I'm confident that this space will be used for Star Wars in some capacity.

seascape

However, I think they would realize that (or at least hope they would) and not close it unless they had solid plans. Of course, theres no telling whether or not they would go through with those plans, but they probably have something.

At the very least.... just something!

I have been sure the announcement would come this year and was hoping for this month. Give what is going on a US next week and knowing how each company tries to steal the others thunder I think the announcement may come this month. At least I hope so. The DHS announcement has to come before Epcots.

doctornick

I have been sure the announcement would come this year and was hoping for this month. Give what is going on a US next week and knowing how each company tries to steal the others thunder I think the announcement may come this month. At least I hope so. The DHS announcement has to come before Epcots.

They've already teased Star Wars at the parks at D23. So, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to announce that Star Wars is "officially" coming to DLR and/or WDW, but not give much details.

danv3

Got to say I don't see that location as a good spot for Frozen at all. How does Frozen fit the theme (such as it is) there? And why would they leave two seriously dated shows (VOTLM, BatB) while adding another show somewhere else in the park? Frozen makes more sense in Norway than that spot (and it doesn't make much sense in Norway at all).

doctornick

Do I want Star Wars land to be real?!? Duck yes.

I have nothing to share, so I won't add to the rumors.

"I have nothing to share" doesn't mean "I know nothing about it". ;)

Still, I doubt any plans are finalized or greenlit at this point, but closing AIE could certainly be in anticipation of Star Wars being developed (plus saving money).

doctornick

Got to say I don't see that location as a good spot for Frozen at all. How does Frozen fit the theme (such as it is) there? And why would they leave two seriously dated shows (VOTLM, BatB) while adding another show somewhere else in the park? Frozen makes more sense in Norway than that spot (and it doesn't make much sense in Norway at all).

Yeah, putting a Frozen show in VOTLM makes far more sense than putting something in that area. DHS doesn't need to become an even worse thematic mess.

DinoInstitute

So if this is SW, then that would kinda mean that they are not after all expanding the park and instead taking control of another nice area, and having a weird as heck transition from Hollywood boulevard to SW.

I just don't see that happening, this has got to be something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom