American Idol Experience To Close

ABQ

The AIE and Sounds Dangerous combined are one of the largest buildings in the park and are also in the center of the park. If they do close it at the end of the year they better have something in mind to replace one or both since it's such a prime location
Watch them level the buildings and install 2 more big arsed hats! The new triumvirate of sorcerer hats will provide the existing pin station, MDE Kiosks and yes, of course, a DVC booth.

wannabeBelle

I have seen the show a few times and it is cute but nothing that cant be done without in favor of something bigger and better. My worry is that in a park already lacking in attractions and commonly referred to as a half a day park, that this is one more thing that will be eliminated and not replaced with something. In a sidenote, I have been to two different movie previews in th Sounds Dangerous theatre the last one being Maleficent. I kinda like these previews, they are a nice addition and should definitely be kept, even if that space ends up being used for something else. Marie

LithiumBill

DHS.png

That is a large plot, just about as big as Star Tours... If they did use part of Echo Lake as well, it's even bigger.

doctornick

I've been sitting on this all week.

It will close in January.

So is anyone sitting on information about the IJ Stunt Show? I would assume that if they are going to build anything there that it would have to have a similar leadtime of notification to cast. @Bolt @drew81

Nonetheless, if -- I know big if -- this is for some Star Wars expansion, you could do a nice "Phase 1" with putting something in the AIE/Sounds Dangerous space + converting Backlot Express to the Mos Eisley Cantina. Not that I want to see any SW expansion done in phases, but it would be better than not getting it at all.

lostjedi

I've been told by some friends that AIE cast members were told yesterday that the attraction would close after the first of the year. Anyone else have any info?

Could this be part of the expansion for the updated Star Wars area? nothing to back this up. just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom