American Idol Experience Grand Opening

Disney_Freak429

I totally forgot about him until you said that!

I didn't & in fact I may of had my picture taken with him today :lookaroun ummm yeah I think I will keep that evidence to myself but I did have a fantastic time getting up close & personal with all the Idols on the blue carpet. Too bad I wasn't invited to the after party with the performances.

imagineer boy

I'm still not excited about AIE, but that premier party looked AWESOME! It reminds me of the good old days when there were big celebrity appearances at DHS.

And Carrie Underwood... *drools*

Disney_Freak429

I'm still not excited about AIE, but that premier party looked AWESOME! It reminds me of the good old days when there were big celebrity appearances at DHS.

And Carrie Underwood... *drools*

Yes I have to say as much as I hated AI:E (saw a few preview shows the other week) the blue carpet was a ton of fun & yes Carrie did look wonderful. You would think her feet were killing her in those shoes but when a fan near me asked about them she said they were "actually pretty comfy". If you search Youtube for most recent on "American Idol Experience" there's some videos that just popped up with performances from tonight which I am still upset I didn't get into Grrrr lol :zipit:

DisneyYorkian74

I think Disney did a great job with the "premiere party" last night.

They did a great job in hyping up the attraction and it was cool to see how many American Idol stars showed up.

You could fly to Cali and see this live. And even if you could'nt it is on tv. EE isn't on tv, PoftheC isn't on tv, bad argument on my part... but some of you get the idea.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is supposed to represent a Studio; so I'm not sure how claiming that an attraction is bad solely because it can be seen on TV makes any sense.:hammer:

There are also millions of Americans who watch this show on a weekly basis who would love to see the "American Idol Studio" live in person but don't have the means, money, nor time to get all the way out to California just to see a taping of the show.

American Idol is still popular and remains America's number one show by a longshot; I think this attraction will finally put some attention to that side of the park, which is a great thing.

GothMickey

Disney's Hollywood Studios is supposed to represent a Studio; so I'm not sure how claiming that an attraction is bad solely because it can be seen on TV makes any sense.:hammer:

Don't forget, a lot of the rides in WDW are based off characters from Disney movies, which can be seen any time on DVD.

I think this attraction/show will be popular for a little while, but, I am not sure it will be popular for a long time.I give this three to five years before it is closed down. But, with that said, this is a great idea for a stop gap until something TERRIFIC can go into that spot.

jt04

Don't forget, a lot of the rides in WDW are based off characters from Disney movies, which can be seen any time on DVD.

I think this attraction/show will be popular for a little while, but, I am not sure it will be popular for a long time.I give this three to five years before it is closed down. But, with that said, this is a great idea for a stop gap until something TERRIFIC can go into that spot.

At least you are not a part of the "3 to 5 months" crowd.

Still the number one rated TV show even though we have been told repeatedly on this forum the show is dying :rolleyes:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/399868_tvgif12.html

GothMickey

At least you are not a part of the "3 to 5 months" crowd.

Still the number one rated TV show even though we have been told repeatedly on this forum the show is dying :rolleyes:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/399868_tvgif12.html

Nah, the show is too popular to make this attraction fail in 5 months. But, despite still being TV's top rated show, the ratings have gone down a bit. So, the popularity is just starting to wain. IN three to 5 years, AI will not be as popular, therefore, the show in DHS will lose guests. Happened with Millionaire, will happen here too.

stitchcastle

this was actually the first time anywhere that all 7 previous winners were together on one stage. As far as attraction premiere goes, this was pretty awesome.

001cd3.jpg

Disneyson 1

WOW! The premiere looked great! I think that the only "star" from Idol that wasn't there was Randy. Everyone else, including a Simon cameo, was there! In person! I really hope that they use those Fab 5 formal costumes again- they totally fit with DHS and everything hollywood. The ceremony looked great, and there was plenty singing to be had. And the motorcade was pretty cool, too. Everyone got signs to hold up such as "Yo! Sup dog!" with a picture of Pluto on it, Donald held a sign that said "Donald is american IDOL!!! " with a little cutout of himself on it, and Grumpy, being grumpy as usual, had one that said "Simon is my idol", and he held it right behind Paula! Great pics at Laughing Place. But really, I think that WAY more thought went into the premiere than the actual show. Just an opinion.

hpyhnt 1000

Thats a good picture but what happened to half of them.

Thats what I was thinking. :lookaroun :lol:

I must say the premier looked great. Even if you're not a fan of this thing in DHS, you have to admit it was great to see the spotlight on the Studios for a day or so. Looks like it really gave it the feel of Hollywood. :)

DonaldDoleWhip

I wasn't at the big event 2 days ago, but I went to the first show today. I thought was a pretty good show, but it will probably fluctuate depending on the singers.

Was anyone else at the show today? Just wanted to say that I'm one of the teen boys who voted for Laura. :)

DisneyDefenders

I'M GOING TO HOLLYWOOD Studios!

With a great prize on the line like the "dream ticket" to get to the front of the line at any American Idol Audition, I believe many people will start adding "Studios" to the end of the nationally recognized phrase coined by the stars of Idol. I was there for the Grand Opening on February 14th and have to say that I am hooked! I missed the first show, but saw every one after that and enjoyed each one thoroughly! Unlike other shows and like Millionaire - Play It, this will never get "old" because the content is always different every show. The judges were excellent. I saw both sets, the look alikes to Randy, Paula and Simon and the other set...both judging groups were cast wonderfully. One of them however reminded me how much we all miss the Comedy Wharehouse, because he was one of the talents that performed there. One of the best aspects I believe is the buildup to the daily Grand Finale show. I believe the intrigue as to whether or not the contestant who won in your show will receive the Dream Ticket, may actually help keep quite a few people in the park who may otherwise leave earlier in the day. The only thing that has me worried is that on the day of the Grand Opening, they had very few people auditioning and 99% of those that were auditioning were girls. If this was the Grand Opening and so few were auditioning, I worry about days with less people in the park. Overall though, congrats to the Cast Members who made the Grand Opening a huge success and congrats to Disney for adding AI to our magical experience!

wild01ride

Wish me luck!

"Good luck!"
:lol:

My parents went to this last week during the previews - they said that, of course, details were still being worked out - but they said overall that it felt like what DHS was all about - about showing an actual production taking place.
As much as I LOVE to HATE American Idol, I'm willing to give this attraction a chance. I certainly love the concept that it brings to a DHS/MGM that has felt rather "phoney" for quite a while!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom