Am I obsessed with Disney?

Peter Parker

Exactly! Well said everyone.

My husband and I are constantly being questioned why we go so much and what is the big deal.

It's a place to relax, to hustle. It's a place to play in the pool or water parks. IT's got wonderful dinner shows. It's got great shows and rides for our kids. Not to mention the excitement my son feels when he rides the monorail, wdw railroad, tomorrowland transit authority, big thunder mountain...(he is into trains)

it is a make believe place like no other in the world. We get lost in the beautiful landscaping and themed architecture. We take advantage of the many recreational activities.

It's a vacation that has it all. We are just like all of you. We love it.....There is no problem in the world while we are there.

PintoColvig

I'm posting without reading the other posts. Are you obsessed with Disney? Well, you're posting on WDWmagic, aren't you? That's a pretty good sign!

Jerriko

I am 29 and in the process of planning a Disney Wedding.. :lol: as well as our honeymoon in Disney. If you, like myself and my fiance are obsessed, then we are at the right place. unless they have a Disney - Anon club :D

Chris

P.S.

I have for years now, listened to disney music on Live365 practically 24 hours a day. whether awake or sleeping. :snore: so yah...I'm right there with everyone else

captcanada

d'Isigny said:
hon...among this crowd...you're a novice...

My family thinks I'm crazy because I want to go every year (my wife may think this as well). Heck...I'd go twice a year if I could.

You go to Vegas...you what...stay in a hotel...go out to dinner...see shows...go shopping...kindly give them your money by pouring it into little machines that light up...

You go to a beach...and what...lay in the sun...swim...go to dinner...go shopping

Disney...you can drink...lay on a beach or by a pool...stay in a nice resort...go to dinner...enjoy shopping

AND...have a great time on rides...see live shows...fireworks...parades...boat rides...see animals...concerts...visit different countries...visit hollywood...and entreat your eyes to artistry from some of the top creative minds...

you can spend a lifetime at Disney and not see all the detail the artists have created for you...

no, you are not weird...just someone who appreciates the efforts Disney has gone through to provide you with the pinnacle of entertainment.

Very, very well said indeed!

I really would live there (or near there) if I could.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Its 5AM and I'm about ready to go out the door to work and I'm writing this! No - you're not alone. I think about 32,000 people have registered at this site last time I saw a stat. Thank God my wife is in bed. She sometimes walks by one of the monitors in this house to see if this site is up (checking up on me and confirming that (in her view) I'm still insane).

wannabeBelle

villianess said:
I appreciate all the commradery! Some of my friends and co-workers think I should be more interested in going to Vegas and drinking for a week and taking part in more "adult vacation spots" than planning my WDW vacation in September so I can experience the new POC refurb when the park is slow. THAT is more fun to me than getting drunk! When I started coming to this site a lot, my husband was worried because he thought now I'd found other people just as "Disney wierd" as me to talk to. :p Although...he seems to have a fabulous time himself when we are at the parks! Last time he was complaing a bit about how much money we'd spent (almost $200 on BIG Mickey & Minnie stuffed toys) - then he said our vacation had been worth every penny. It's amazing how money seems to have no value when you're in the parks! We go through it like water and don't seem to mind!
I guess I just need to find something to jab back at him with when he makes fun of me (or rollls his eyes) when I'm all excited and telling him about a new ride rehab or something.

Hey there Darlin!!! Dont worry about being "obsessed" I am as well and I dont think there is anything wrong with it. I have a far better social life in Disney than up here in NYC, because people are nicer and I know where to go to have a great time in Disney in terms of pubs/nightclubs. I have been to Vegas and it was pretty cool but the things I liked about Vegas are actually very much the same things I like about Disney!!! The shows were awesome the themed hotels were fun, does that sound familiar???? I have been to the Islands, different parts of the US and Vegas and still prefer Disney. Some of my friends have been all over the World quite literally and still go to Disney multiple times a year. If this is what makes you happy and what brings joy to your heart, go with it!!! So many people dont know what makes them that happy so you are definitely one up on that!!! You just have found your Laughing Place!!! I Know I certainly have!!!! Belle

barnum42

Barrelling down on 39 and still enjoying the magic of the Disney Parks. Whilst UK culture dictates that the only good holiday is spent in a drunken haze covered in your own vomit, that just does not interest me as much as, say strolling around Animal Kingdom :D

dixiegirl

villianess said:
So - My husband thinks I'm "obsessed" with Disney.
I'm 28, and I LOVE the Disney parks! I'd rather go to DL or WDW than any other place for vacation - year after year. When I work out, I remind myself how I want to be in great shape for our Disney vacation. When I have a bad day, I think of myself on HM or POC. I always keep up to date with all the latest park news, read forums here everyday, listen to Podcasts, fantasize about maybe someday being a CM....I guess I've got it bad. :)
Anyway - are there others out there that are my age or older and still think the Disney parks are the greatest? Maybe it's because I never got to go as a kid....or maybe it's because I still believe in the mouse's "magic." Either way, I'm not a total wierdo because I enjoy things like looking at POC rehab pics, am I??

As I was working out this morning my husband was on the computer(his form of exercise) and reading your post..saying"babe I think I found a friend for you".
Yes I too work to stay in shape and for all the health hoopla, but the real reason is so i can eat like a total pig when i go to disney...The house is basically all disney themed(tastefully done)...The car is alwasy some disney music playing...Always some disney movie on , on one of the tv's in the house(I can blame it on the kids)..Always looking on ebay to find some diiferent disney park parafanalia -however its spelt..I got the greatest magical moment banner...anyway...our life is ..well very disney obsessed...every year we go once or twice...february my hub surprised me for my 30th bday to a trip to disney..I balled..People that I work with and work on think i'm totally nuts, not all of them...I had a lady tell me to do something different.. go to washington or penn dutch...umm..no.. If I want to learn i'll go to epcot!!! My daughters are brainwashed into the disney thing as well ask my 5 year old on who is walt disney..she'll tell you all about him....and the 2 year old ,well seems she more brainwashed at her age than her sister...Ask either one of them...any plane in the sky goes to disney..nowhere else... We have it planned in 15 years to rekew our vows at the wedding pavillion....Yes everything is disney...I don't think i could ever get sick of it..when we went to disney in feb, we always stay at POR, well walking back to the room my husband noticed that they planted some grass in a new area....We both laughed saying how sad are we. that we come that much that we noticed that!!!!!..And yes I've tried to get him to move there to be closer to the magic, but no bites....me my dream is to be a butterfly in the spectromagic parade...but I'll settle for being a turkey leg lady....Yes as we speak...I'm listening to disney music like the rest of the disney nuts here..At least here you do feel normal..... your not alone..but out there .. in the non-disney world..your just plane nuts....But that's ok ,
Hello I'm DIXIEGIRL and I'm a disneynut!!!!!:hammer:

Nansafan

I've told this story before but I'll do it again because this thread seems to warrant it. I was at my opthalmologists office a few years ago and the receptionist noticed my cell phone peaking out of my purse which had a Mickey Mouse cover on it. She looked at me, winked, nodded and said, "Oh, I see you are one of us", I said "One of who?" She said that there are 2 types of people in the world, those who have been dusted with Pixie Dust and those who haven't. It was then I knew what she was talking about. She too had been dusted with Pixie Dust and was just as interested (obsessed sounds a little desparate) with all things Disney especially WDW. When she and her husband go to the world, they no longer stay on property because her daughter lives in Celebration that's how "interested" her daughter is in all things Disney.

You're not obsessed, you 're just Pixie Dusted.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You asking that here is like asking the patients at a mental institution if you are crazy or not. So from a fellow inmate no you are not obsessed.:hammer: :lol:

LouDisney

Nansafan said:
I've told this story before but I'll do it again because this thread seems to warrant it. I was at my opthalmologists office a few years ago and the receptionist noticed my cell phone peaking out of my purse which had a Mickey Mouse cover on it. She looked at me, winked, nodded and said, "Oh, I see you are one of us", I said "One of who?" She said that there are 2 types of people in the world, those who have been dusted with Pixie Dust and those who haven't. It was then I knew what she was talking about. She too had been dusted with Pixie Dust and was just as interested (obsessed sounds a little desparate) with all things Disney especially WDW. When she and her husband go to the world, they no longer stay on property because her daughter lives in Celebration that's how "interested" her daughter is in all things Disney.

You're not obsessed, you 're just Pixie Dusted.

I love this story! She is so right!! :D

jeffb

I can help but think that obsessed usually is a not so positive connotation, which is why I like to tell people that I am not obsessed but passionate about WDW.

On a separate note, the folks in Las Vegas</ST1:place know a thing or two about themeing. I was there in Oct 05 and spent a bit of time just visiting the hotels. They definitely understand themeing. And they have a monorail as well!<O:p</O:p

loriwdunn

Whenever its mothers day, fathers day, or someone's birthday in my family, I make the entire meal from Disney menus. I even stick little label cards in the food that says what it is and where its served. Everyone in my family has a water bottle that I decorated with laminated pictures to save change for disney trips. I've been around Europe, Hawaii, etc. but still prefer Disney World.

jedijake

villianess said:
So - My husband thinks I'm "obsessed" with Disney.
I'm 28, and I LOVE the Disney parks! I'd rather go to DL or WDW than any other place for vacation - year after year. When I work out, I remind myself how I want to be in great shape for our Disney vacation. When I have a bad day, I think of myself on HM or POC. I always keep up to date with all the latest park news, read forums here everyday, listen to Podcasts, fantasize about maybe someday being a CM....I guess I've got it bad. :)
Anyway - are there others out there that are my age or older and still think the Disney parks are the greatest? Maybe it's because I never got to go as a kid....or maybe it's because I still believe in the mouse's "magic." Either way, I'm not a total wierdo because I enjoy things like looking at POC rehab pics, am I??

WOW! I feel the exact same way, heck I even have to twist my GF's arm to get her to go with me again next year. So like you I too am obsessed with WDW!

JMishy

Boy, our husbands sound a lot alike! I don't know how many times I've gotten the eye roll and head pat for my Disney obsession. However, when we're there, he loves it!

Now that I have 2 1/2 children, I'm going to brainwa...er...teach them in all ways Disney. Then we can all team up against my husband. Muahaha!!! :drevil:

Im Obcessed

I am 21 years old and most of my friends make fun of me because all i do is talk about Disney World. I have a bedroom in my house dedicated just to Disney, with Disney stuff in it and everything. I have actual stuff from the parks hanging up posters and just everything in there. Even down to the paint which is Disney brand. So i would say i am just as obcessed as you and love it to death. Dont feel bad, you know the real magic!!! I even listen to the Disney Theme Park and Show music when im cleaning the house or even driving in the car. I LOVE IT!!!!

lebeau

It's just amazing how similar my situation is to the OP.

Just last night, my wife and I had a very serious conversation because she feels that I am "obsessed" with Disney. For the record, I am not obsessed. If I were, I would be irrational about Disney to the point of taking trips we could not afford. I am merely very interested in WDW.

Right now, my brother and his fiance our in WDW. He called me from the Festival of the Lion King as they were waiting for the show to start. I was very excited for him as his fiance was able to pull some strings to get them an earlier flight so they could enjoy an extra day at the parks. My wife thought it was weird that I was so excited for them.

Before they left, I spent my spare time at work putting together a "guide book" for them. My brother's fiance has never been to WDW before. And since my brother is there on business, she is going to be spending a lot of time completely on her own. Plus she was recently injured at work, so she has health concerns. I put together about 30-pages of suggestions for things that she could do alone, things they would best enjoy together and things that should be avoided given her health situation. My wife thought it was weird that I put so much effort into the guide book.

We can't go to the parks very often. It just doesn't make financial sense at this point in our lives. Our last trip (and her only trip) was our honeymoon in 2003. We may take a day trip later this year, but our next full-on multi-day trip is probably years off. But I still enjoy hanging out here, reading guide books and watching shows about WDW on the Travel Channel. I order the free trip planning guides from Disney and watch them every so often. My wife finds all of this very weird.

Is it obsessive? I don't think so. Obsessions are unhealthy pre-occupations. They are out of control. I just have a healthy interest in something that isn't hurting anyone. And I conveyed to her that I really wish she could share my excitement about it. It's good to know there are others out there who share my point of view.

David

Obsessed? Hey count me in.

I was a late bloomer as far as visiting WDW. I had grown up a Disney fan, but had never been to the parks. We took our first trip in 1997 with our then 4 year old, returned in 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland in 2005, and will be back at WDW in October.

I have good friends who understand the magic that Disney can cast over you, and it's fun to chat with them about things to do and see and plan trips. While we have gone on cruises, Hawaii and other nice trips, I still prefer Disney above them all. 204 days can not pass by quickly enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom