• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All things Universal Studios Hollywood

planodisney

Advertisement
Yah I think you jumped to conclusions on my post.
If anything I’m a DLR fanboy. It’s just that after my last visit to WDS, and then seeing the state of DL’s Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney, the gap between the 2 resorts has become Grand Canyonesque, IMHO. My heart belongs to the DLR and I don’t even go on WDW discussion forums.
Also, I hate to say this as this hasn’t been the case for most of my life, but we IMHO, Magic Kingdom has passed DL in terms of experience with the investment over the last 7 years and I love that it still has the People Mover.
DL’s Pirates and Space Mountain are sooooo much better however, and I think DL will regain its crown when when Galaxys Edge opens. If we can get a Tomorrowland upgrade, along with the Mickey and Minnie ride, it won’t even be a contest!!!!
I also wish we could get a DTD expansion and new highly themed Resort Hotel.

RescueTheDay

Yah I think you jumped to conclusions on my post.
If anything I’m a DLR fanboy. It’s just that after my last visit to WDS, and then seeing the state of DL’s Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney, the gap between the 2 resorts has become Grand Canyonesque, IMHO. My heart belongs to the DLR and I don’t even go on WDW discussion forums.
Also, I hate to say this as this hasn’t been the case for most of my life, but we IMHO, Magic Kingdom has passed DL in terms of experience with the investment over the last 7 years and I love that it still has the People Mover.
DL’s Pirates and Space Mountain are sooooo much better however, and I think DL will regain its crown when when Galaxys Edge opens. If we can get a Tomorrowland upgrade, along with the Mickey and Minnie ride, it won’t even be a contest!!!!
I also wish we could get a DTD expansion and new highly themed Resort Hotel.
I’m very curious as to what these last 7 years of investment you’re speaking of for Magic Kingdom. They also have a Tomorrowland with no real theme or plan. Less attractions and poor maintenance.

WildernessLodge

I went to Universal Studios Hollywood for the first time a few months ago! I had only been to Islands of Adventure in FL like 15 years ago. Overall I had a great time! I loved the HP land and the studio tour. I wish it wasn't mostly simulator rides but I'm sure it was bc of limited space. Here's my vlog from that day if anyone is interested:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I went to Universal Studios Hollywood for the first time a few months ago! I had only been to Islands of Adventure in FL like 15 years ago. Overall I had a great time! I loved the HP land and the studio tour. I wish it wasn't mostly simulator rides but I'm sure it was bc of limited space. Here's my vlog from that day if anyone is interested:

Actually the number one issue regarding rides is the Studio. When they built Jurassic Park, they faced the ride to make sure any sound went northwest away from the back lot. Every other ride is enclosed or creates very little noise. Filming is the priority, even on the Tram Tour. They have multiple detours and sound measures to allow sound filming.

Rich T

Last I heard (this was years ago) the ride used VR to simulate Mario characters riding next to your car, is that still the rumor?
These are the elements I’ve heard rumored going into this—Can’t wait to find out if this is accurate at all:
- multiple simulator chambers mounted on a centrifuge to create g forces
- 3 Race car vehicles side by side in each Chamber
- each car can physically advance, retreat, drift on turns and react to hits
- surrounding video created in real time, blending scripted events with live gameplay
- AR used to send weapons, characters, explosions and effects back and forth between screens and real space.
- Bowser’s mean (wild guess) :D

WildernessLodge

Actually the number one issue regarding rides is the Studio. When they built Jurassic Park, they faced the ride to make sure any sound went northwest away from the back lot. Every other ride is enclosed or creates very little noise. Filming is the priority, even on the Tram Tour. They have multiple detours and sound measures to allow sound filming.
Oh wow that does make sense...

Top Bottom