• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All things Universal Studios Hollywood

George Lucas on a Bench

Advertisement
It isn't Hollywood but has anyone seen the new horror store at USF? They brought out the old teleportation pods from The Fly and even Slimer and Vigo the Carpathian are in there.

Rich T

This place actually looks fun compared to DTD.

I still wouldn't want this much loud, brash, kinda tacky atmosphere as the lead-up (or exit path) to/from Disneyland. It works great for Universal. Downtown Disney needs more interesting tenants (and more tenants, period), but I do like its smoother, more relaxing vibe.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
As a kid this was one of my favorite places to eat.

I have stories about that place... Oh my.

How to say this politely, and without getting into too much trouble with my wife...

Let's just say I got real friendly with one of the bartenders, she was an awesome person, and became my favorite ride at the park for a short time.....

And then my parents and grandparents wanted to go get prime rib for dinner while staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Burbank.

Thank goodness she worked the closing shift, and not early dinner time.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Let me say, one of the best perks was access to the Restaurant Lot and using the Funicular to get to the park.

Also my Grandmother loved the crispy duck at the Chinese restaurant, Fung Lum.

My Dad asked how I got them comp meals and VIP parking, and that many people knew me.... Said something about Bud Hurlbut and hooking us up thru connections... not mentioning that I was having a casual fling with one of the bartenders/managers of VS.

Rich T

I have stories about that place... Oh my.

How to say this politely, and without getting into too much trouble with my wife...

Let's just say I got real friendly with one of the bartenders, she was an awesome person, and became my favorite ride at the park for a short time.....

And then my parents and grandparents wanted to go get prime rib for dinner while staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Burbank.

Thank goodness she worked the closing shift, and not early dinner time.
Holy mackerel, Darkbeer1--And here all I had to say was that I liked the lemon sorbet there! :D

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Holy mackerel, Darkbeer1--And here all I had to say was that I liked the lemon sorbet there! :D
Loved those small mini cones.

And hey, I was a single, unattached male back then. I can also tell you some good stories from other parks.

Having Gin with Jack Falfas at the Amber Waves Bar (Knott's Hotel) and being able to access a Hotel Room if I had too much to drink, or should I say a friend might need that assistance...

And plenty of Anaheim stories in the 1980's and 1990's. Heck, even Long Beach during the Disney Seas period.

Top Bottom