All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I went to Universal Studios Hollywood for the first time a few months ago! I had only been to Islands of Adventure in FL like 15 years ago. Overall I had a great time! I loved the HP land and the studio tour. I wish it wasn't mostly simulator rides but I'm sure it was bc of limited space. Here's my vlog from that day if anyone is interested:

Actually the number one issue regarding rides is the Studio. When they built Jurassic Park, they faced the ride to make sure any sound went northwest away from the back lot. Every other ride is enclosed or creates very little noise. Filming is the priority, even on the Tram Tour. They have multiple detours and sound measures to allow sound filming.

Rich T

Last I heard (this was years ago) the ride used VR to simulate Mario characters riding next to your car, is that still the rumor?
These are the elements I’ve heard rumored going into this—Can’t wait to find out if this is accurate at all:
- multiple simulator chambers mounted on a centrifuge to create g forces
- 3 Race car vehicles side by side in each Chamber
- each car can physically advance, retreat, drift on turns and react to hits
- surrounding video created in real time, blending scripted events with live gameplay
- AR used to send weapons, characters, explosions and effects back and forth between screens and real space.
- Bowser’s mean (wild guess) :D

Phroobar

universal-studios-california-028.jpg

Phroobar

Universal's tram tour was a pretty magical thing back in the 70s & 80s. I think the place was better back then before they junked it up with screen rides. It's sad how little of the tram tour still exists. I bet it disappears completely in twenty years with theme park buildings and more huge sound stages.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Universal's tram tour was a pretty magical thing back in the 70s & 80s. I think the place was better back then before they junked it up with screen rides. It's sad how little of the tram tour still exists. I bet it disappears completely in twenty years with theme park buildings and more huge sound stages.

I disagree about the Tram Tour going away, it hits so high on guest satisfaction surveys, especially foreign tourists. Will it change? Probably, but it won't go away.

EVERY construction project going back to the 1960's had ONE thing in common, do not force the Tram Tour to close down, even for one day. And it never has. (Well the fires did, but the parks were closed those days anyways.) Buildings can be designed to allow a tram roadway to go through it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom