All things Universal Studios Hollywood

socalifornian

That tiny park needs all the attractions it can get. Pets use of a virtual queue made it seem like Walking Dead could stay, too bad they’re so close if theming is the issue

Phroobar

I spent the day at Universal Studios yesterday. It had very low crowds. Almost every Chinese tour group had surgical masks on except for the one very rich Chinese family I got trapped with to ride with on the Simpsons ride. Anyway, my daughter hasn't been to Universal for about ten years so this was all new to her. She loved the lower lot rides especially Transformers. It was very cold and windy. We always sat in the back of the boat for Jurassic World. The I-Rex was still in "stealth" mode and the T-Rex still looks like he is flying. It is sad how many effects on this new ride were broken. She liked HP but didn't care for Kung Fu Panda or the Minons rides. She had high hopes for Super Silly Fun land until she saw it. The water was turned off on SSFL. We didn't care to see any of the shows. She loved the tram. It took us to some areas I haven't seen in a long time. Earthquake was down. She was looking forward to that part since she totally freaked out when she rode it at age six. Nintendo World is still heavy under construction. I thought it was funny how RatChat's "exclusive" picture location was just from riding the tram. Construction is in full view of the tram. The tour guide talks about things across the way since we aren't supposed to look at it. Anyway, good day at the park. I see no point to having an annual pass since there is so little to do there and the food isn't very good. We did everything at least five times over. I can stand to stay away for a few more years.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>
NBCUniversal’s new Peacock streaming service will host a two-day Peacock Live! event on Universal Studios Hollywood’s famed backlot with TV show panel discussions, celebrity appearances and a slew of interactive activations.

The event will take place March 28-29 and include panels with Milo Ventimiglia and Justin Hartley of “This Is Us” and Christina Hendricks, Retta and Mae Whitman of “Good Girls.” Attendees will also get a special sneak peek of the Peacock reboot of “Saved By the Bell” with Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley that’s coming exclusively to the streaming service.

Tickets are $99 for one-day general admission; $179 for two-day general admission; $199 for one-day premium access and $349 for two-day premium access. Premium access includes admission to all panels, programming and activations as well as same-day general admission to Universal Studios Hollywood after 12 p.m., one-hour early entry to the backlot, preferred parking, priority seating and a lounge area for premium-only ticket holders. All passes can be purchased at peacocklive.com. Fans who purchase tickets before Feb. 16 will be able to get personalized credentials mailed to them prior to the festival.

Guests will also get an exclusive first look at new experiences coming to Universal Studios theme parks around the world and a special Halloween Horror Nights panel will discuss how they collaborate with filmmakers to bring iconic horror cinema to life during its annual event. There will also be a 2020 Tokyo Olympics panel with host Mike Tirico conversing with Olympians Mary Lou Retton, Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Rowdy Gaines and a panel that will discuss how theme park attractions are made with focus on the “Jurassic World” franchise and the all-new Jurassic World—The Ride.<<

DisneyEthan

1581405923510.png

Nintendo from today

The Grand Inquisitor

Well, I did enjoy this attraction mainly because it was a break from screens, had a few animatronics, and I loved the forest at the beginning of the attraction, since it reminded me of E.T. Adventure‘s queue. Anyways, I really feel that we will see many drastic changes throughout the park in the next few years, especially with Nintendo on the rise, as well as Pets. In terms of the next ride to leave the park, I would have to say mummy, since Harry Potter as a whole ( Forbidden journey and hippogriff) isn't going anywhere, neither is Jurassic, Kung Fu Panda is still new, minnions is still newer, Simpson’s is still fairly newer, so is Transformers, and studio tour isn‘t going anywhere, although it will continue to change over time with new additions I’m sure. That leaves mummy. Its never 100%, as something is always turned off, or broken, and it just seems like Universal is waiting for the right time to either overhaul it completely, or just get rid of it. Also, it’s the oldest ride in the park that has seen the fewest changes out of all of the rides at Universal currently. It’s only a matter of time to me, before we see SOMETHING happen. Just my speculation and guesses.
I wish Universal could bring back ET Adventure to the park. The park really needs a good dark ride besides the upcoming SLOP ride.

Homemade Imagineering

I wish Universal could bring back ET Adventure to the park. The park really needs a good dark ride besides the upcoming SLOP ride.
E.T. is literally one of my all time favorite movies, and the ride looked absolutely beautiful and amazing, and it still is over in Orlando! I was on mummy earlier today, and I was just thinking to myself, about how an indoor coaster in that building was such a bad idea, because the fact that the building was built to fit E.T. adventure inside of it made it too small for a proper indoor rollercoaster. I completely agree with you that they should definately bring E.T. adventure back, however, this time utilize the forbidden journey ride system instead along with updated effects here and there.

The Grand Inquisitor

E.T. is literally one of my all time favorite movies, and the ride looked absolutely beautiful and amazing, and it still is over in Orlando! I was on mummy earlier today, and I was just thinking to myself, about how an indoor coaster in that building was such a bad idea, because the fact that the building was built to fit E.T. adventure inside of it made it too small for a proper indoor rollercoaster. I completely agree with you that they should definately bring E.T. adventure back, however, this time utilize the forbidden journey ride system instead along with updated effects here and there.
That would be amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom