All things Universal Studios Hollywood

MK-fan

glad to see that annual pass prices have decreased on the website, wonder how long it will last. I can imagine that they haven’t gotten the numbers they were hoping for probably because many pass holders don’t see the repeatability value. USH really needs to work on some of its current roster, Transformers, Jurassic World, Forbidden Journey are great attractions that one can go on again and again. Despicable Me and Simpsons don’t have this, the Studio Tour can Get tiresome in that aspect and definitely could use a new scene hopefully getting rid of Supercharged. Silly Swirly and Hipppgriff are good fillers for children. The Mummy is a repeat ride but could definitely use new graphics and a new end scene but I see the ride closing down before any of this would happen. They really did jump the gun when the upped the AP prices back in 2016, hopefully they keep listening to the public.

socalifornian

exclusive MC pics taken from the lots parking structure
82BF1448-4CF2-4A1C-B6F8-5B6AA995B8FD.jpeg93CF6021-ED1A-40FD-9733-F8582B02389F.jpeg2DE514DE-606F-455C-BFD2-4DD5F2C3B3EC.jpegF37B8E6F-8C67-4103-9C63-A2086ACE84AF.jpeg

SuddenStorm

exclusive MC pics taken from the lots parking structure
View attachment 439871View attachment 439872View attachment 439874View attachment 439875

I'm still so confused- how is Fab in any way credible as a source for rumors? Has Micechat really exhausted every insider they had to the point of reducing themselves to the person who's biggest claim to fame is being Jim Hill's ex wife?

Phroobar

I'm still so confused- how is Fab in any way credible as a source for rumors? Has Micechat really exhausted every insider they had to the point of reducing themselves to the person who's biggest claim to fame is being Jim Hill's ex wife?
If you read the article, it is total fluff piece with no information but her conjecture. We all know it's Mario Kart. You can see the tracks inside it for months. She just happen to come across it and decided to pretend she knew what was going on. She could have at least asked her ex-husband for a little information. You would think she would be more interested in the Secret Life of Pets ride on the upper lot. I guess someone has to keep the clueless Ratchatters informed.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I'm going to be so upset if I don't see CG generated blocks floating in the air that I can jump up on to. There better be CG characters running around that I can interact with. Obviously someone will cut them from the budget. I bet the Nintendo Bar will be packed even with reservations. I wonder how much power ups will cost me? I can't wait for the hatch a Yoshi experience.

Rich T

I'm going to be so upset if I don't see CG generated blocks floating in the air that I can jump up on to. There better be CG characters running around that I can interact with. Obviously someone will cut them from the budget. I bet the Nintendo Bar will be packed even with reservations. I wonder how much power ups will cost me? I can't wait for the hatch a Yoshi experience.
So, according to the stage presentation, guests in the land are going to physically jump up and hit a ? Block with their hand? What could possibly go wrong??? :D

As much as I can’t wait to ride Mario Kart, I’m really starting to question the direction they went with this land. No one really wants to actually punch floating blocks or stomp on Goombas. What we want are good rides based on Nintendo IPs. While I understand that constructing a huge Mario game landscape makes a bold, easy-to-market statement for the GP, I wish the budget had gone toward, say, adding a Luigi’s Mansion dark ride. I’d have been just as happy to walk around in a land that lightly *suggested* the look of a Mario game rather than what they’re doing here.

And that music video’s a lot of fun, but... sheesh, couldn’t they have included at least a couple of seconds of footage simulating what walking through the land or riding MK is ACTUALLY going to be like?

Still can’t wait for this, though!

Disneyhead'71

So, according to the stage presentation, guests in the land are going to physically jump up and hit a ? Block with their hand? What could possibly go wrong??? :D

As much as I can’t wait to ride Mario Kart, I’m really starting to question the direction they went with this land. No one really wants to actually punch floating blocks or stomp on Goombas. What we want are good rides based on Nintendo IPs. While I understand that constructing a huge Mario game landscape makes a bold, easy-to-market statement for the GP, I wish the budget had gone toward, say, adding a Luigi’s Mansion dark ride. I’d have been just as happy to walk around in a land that lightly *suggested* the look of a Mario game rather than what they’re doing here.

And that music video’s a lot of fun, but... sheesh, couldn’t they have included at least a couple of seconds of footage simulating what walking through the land or riding MK is ACTUALLY going to be like?

Still can’t wait for this, though!
There certainly appears to be a lot of things that could break in this land. But being "Nintendo" I can see the appeal of a living video game. And I think the interactive stuff along with the apps score keeping and unlocking levels will be very popular.

Ismael Flores

seems like a land like this would have greatly benefited if built inside a huge soundstage. The possibilities of what could be done with projections would have been amazing.

Last edited:

Phroobar

seems like a land like this would have greatly benefited if built inside a huge soundstage. The possibilities of what could be done with projected would be amazing.
Too bad the Microsoft HoloLens 2 is so expensive. They could sell them to guests so they could see all the floating blocks and AR characters running around.

lazyboy97o

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom