All things Universal Studios Hollywood

socalifornian

it looks like the lower lot is going to be seeing some big changes soon:
If the location that’s shown isn’t just random photoshop then it seems like it will border Universal Hollywood Dr.
F977CF71-D13C-400C-9538-DFD7E6D1EF94.jpeg

6F91DF41-EF2D-4E5E-813C-918E125B4116.jpeg

Going by the buildings description and my time on the lot it sounds like they might be trying to consolidate as much as possible into a smaller area. I threw in DK based off this comment from Inside Universal
42BA90F5-8F7D-49A2-BEA9-2A9F3DCFB9EC.jpeg

ProjectXBlog

Sharon&Susan

More of the backlot disappears. I can see the theme park expanding to the lower backlot and the tram tour removed.
I doubt that Universal will remove the studio trams from Hollywood anytime soon, just a few months ago they sent out polls implying that they've thought of making the Studio Tram have a separate admission from the park.

socalifornian

I haven't looked at the Evo plan for awhile. Was that lot for the campus originally zoned for a new Uni hotel?
Same. That hotel was meant to go on the old site of Fung Lum according to everyone at IU. It’s outside of the lot above the Jurassic World lettering and a little to the left where a sliver of asphalt is showing in the screenshot. Never really understood how a hotel was supposed to take over that small restaurant plot

Homemade Imagineering

Thoughts?
Well, I did enjoy this attraction mainly because it was a break from screens, had a few animatronics, and I loved the forest at the beginning of the attraction, since it reminded me of E.T. Adventure‘s queue. Anyways, I really feel that we will see many drastic changes throughout the park in the next few years, especially with Nintendo on the rise, as well as Pets. In terms of the next ride to leave the park, I would have to say mummy, since Harry Potter as a whole ( Forbidden journey and hippogriff) isn't going anywhere, neither is Jurassic, Kung Fu Panda is still new, minnions is still newer, Simpson’s is still fairly newer, so is Transformers, and studio tour isn‘t going anywhere, although it will continue to change over time with new additions I’m sure. That leaves mummy. Its never 100%, as something is always turned off, or broken, and it just seems like Universal is waiting for the right time to either overhaul it completely, or just get rid of it. Also, it’s the oldest ride in the park that has seen the fewest changes out of all of the rides at Universal currently. It’s only a matter of time to me, before we see SOMETHING happen. Just my speculation and guesses.

D.Silentu

While it wasn't perfect, I thought the old Universal Monsters Maze was more fun and visually captivating than The Walking Dead. One significant advantage that it had was the opportunity to scare without the gore inherent to a zombie theme. Universal had a new maze based on the classic monsters at Horror Nights two years ago. It was voted our favorite maze by my friends and myself, and it showed how well a newer take on the genre would be effected. Aside from another maze, it's hard to conceive what else could go in such a confined area. However, I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom