All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Stripes

Premium Member
What are the rumours for the MoM ride? What’s the ride system, story, effects? What’s happening? I’ve heard nothing.
Ride system is apparently a modified motion-base vehicle (Spider-Man, Transformers, Peter Pan Fantasy Springs) with the added ability of quickly raising and lowering itself significantly (like having an elevator built into the ride vehicle itself.)

The story is reportedly that Umbridge is on trial at the ministry and Death Eaters are trying to break her out so she can bring Voldemort back to life. And, of course, a battle begins.

Queue should have the big atrium at the ministry which we get to by using the Floo network fireplaces.
IMG_0835.jpeg

Disone

I promise you, it will top both of them.
I sincerely hope you are right.

But sometimes it's a dangerous thing to set such a high expectation. And boy sir, you have been doubling down on sky high expectations here.

Nothing beats exceeding a high expectation so I hope you're right but at the same time there's always the danger of setting expectations so high that what would actually be an impressive attraction ends up being "oh. Neat"

Rich T

This ride at Universal Beijing totally beats DAK's Dinosaur.

This beats any dinosaur ride in the U.S. I wouldn’t mind losing River Adventure in FL to get this.

A lot of rides beat DAK’s Dinosaur. I’m gonna miss it for its high cheese factor and hilarious finale, but I don’t think a lot of folks are gonna be terribly sad to see it get rethemed.

PiratesMansion

This beats any dinosaur ride in the U.S. I wouldn’t mind losing River Adventure in FL to get this.

A lot of rides beat DAK’s Dinosaur. I’m gonna miss it for its high cheese factor and hilarious finale, but I don’t think a lot of folks are gonna be terribly sad to see it get rethemed.
I don't know, I honestly think the original River Adventure did a bang-up job and is underappreciated for how effectively it accomplished its goals. In some ways it's still better than the modified USH version. I will grant that the Beijing version looks amazing.

DAK's Dinosaur was definitely not my dino, if you know what I mean.

Phroobar

I don't know, I honestly think the original River Adventure did a bang-up job and is underappreciated for how effectively it accomplished its goals. In some ways it's still better than the modified USH version. I will grant that the Beijing version looks amazing.

It will be better off as a Indy clone. I wonder if they will plus or minus it.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Just saying, quite a few elements will be borrowed for MoM.

From people that I know (and trust their opinions) who have ridden it all say it’s Shanghai Pirates/Rise good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom