All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Sorry, but you say "Garden on the Innoventions Roof" and I'm thinking steampunk-ish Victorian catwalks and boilers overgrown in vegetation...

*Lost in thought about a Castle In the Sky, Miyazaki-ian EPCOT*

How about a Biome:
p100886-Tucson-Inside_the_Desert_Biome.jpg

Biosphere:
Biosphere_l.jpg

or Bio-dome:
20080725001540_img_2438_39_40bb.jpg

?
It's nice...But I think that would compete with SSE.:shrug:

EpcotServo

Hey, I love steampunk, but that is really more an aesthetic of science fantasy, like something of an alternate reality, rather than the real, believable, achievable future that Future World should be striving to portray. Now I would love to see Tomorrowland be given more of the steampunk treatment.

Oh, I know...just lost in thought.....

*REALLY wants a Castle in the Sky theme park like the Ghibli Museum*

picture.php

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Or would it compliment it? think about from the air. A large sphere (SSE), with two smaller spheres on the North ends (Inno. E & W)- talk about the largest "hidden Mickey"!
:ROFLOL:
We got one. SSE, The Lands Biome, and WoLs dome. Well, almost. A stretched Hidden Mickey. At an angle. Kind of.

Vernonpush

Well, think of the perspective from the bridge to WS ( "Lights of Winter" spot - or whatever it's called), looking back at SSE.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I rode SSE today for the first time in 4 months and this may have been discussed already but...

First, no new music at the end, but I did see some effects on the right side. They were small and difficult to really see, but kinda reminded me of the star effects in the queue of Space Mountain, there was one thing that looked kind of like a nebula or something, and then something else that was faintly moving left to right...there were also some bits of things sitting around, Im guessing from whatever work they're doing. The curtains also seemed to have moved much closer on the right side of the ride vehicles past this area, so I'm hoping we're going to see some more things soon.

JKMAGIC

your constant negativity would make even Barack Obama's strongest supporters believe nothing good will occur in the future.

ahahaahahahahah that is a great quote! Tying in Disney with politics is awesome. Like said before stop the negativity and hope for no descent to be made

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
About a third of the triangles seem to have a rather large metal circle in the middle. I'd sasy another third are outlined and glow blue around the edges. The other third range in size and shape, but many more were glowing/illuminated from Friday night.

The chicken wire was almost completely gone on Saturday, except at the very bottom before you turn back around.

The music seemed a bit softer as well.

Friday night, the curtains were very tightly tied down. Saturday, you could tell they were just dangling there. Had it not been for fear of getting kicked out, I'd have tried to move one! :lol:

Though it doesn't sound like much, a big difference to witness within 24 hours!

EPCOT Explorer

I rode SSE today for the first time in 4 months and this may have been discussed already but...

First, no new music at the end, but I did see some effects on the right side. They were small and difficult to really see, but kinda reminded me of the star effects in the queue of Space Mountain, there was one thing that looked kind of like a nebula or something, and then something else that was faintly moving left to right...there were also some bits of things sitting around, Im guessing from whatever work they're doing. The curtains also seemed to have moved much closer on the right side of the ride vehicles past this area, so I'm hoping we're going to see some more things soon.

Having witnessed tons of changes within a 24 hour period over the weekend, this descent is NOT done! :king: :sohappy:

About a third of the triangles seem to have a rather large metal circle in the middle. I'd sasy another third are outlined and glow blue around the edges. The other third range in size and shape, but many more were glowing/illuminated from Friday night.

The chicken wire was almost completely gone on Saturday, except at the very bottom before you turn back around.

The music seemed a bit softer as well.

Friday night, the curtains were very tightly tied down. Saturday, you could tell they were just dangling there. Had it not been for fear of getting kicked out, I'd have tried to move one! :lol:

Though it doesn't sound like much, a big difference to witness within 24 hours!
FANTASTIC news all around!:D:D

*sings We're Getting Ready For Youuuuuu*:sohappy:

gustaftp

It's so dark in there, are we all sure we're not working ourselves up into a tizzy over moving curtains and added triangles?

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I am curious how much there actually is to these rumors.

mcjaco

It's so dark in there, are we all sure we're not working ourselves up into a tizzy over moving curtains and added triangles?

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I am curious how much there actually is to these rumors.

Hey! Those are my lines! :lol:

GothMickey

Ok...So why WOULD they add triangles? WDI doesn't do this stuff for their health.

Because they had them lying around and decided "Um, these triangles would look good in SSE. Yea, let's do it." Then they can go to the bean counters and say, "See, we took garbage we had lying around in storage, added it to SSE, and called it a new descent back to Earth. And you were complaining that we'd need more money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom