All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Because they had them lying around and decided "Um, these triangles would look good in SSE. Yea, let's do it." Then they can go to the bean counters and say, "See, we took garbage we had lying around in storage, added it to SSE, and called it a new descent back to Earth. And you were complaining that we'd need more money."

I doubt it.:rolleyes:

Space Mountain

I rode SSE today for the first time in 4 months and this may have been discussed already but...

First, no new music at the end, but I did see some effects on the right side. They were small and difficult to really see, but kinda reminded me of the star effects in the queue of Space Mountain, there was one thing that looked kind of like a nebula or something, and then something else that was faintly moving left to right...there were also some bits of things sitting around, Im guessing from whatever work they're doing. The curtains also seemed to have moved much closer on the right side of the ride vehicles past this area, so I'm hoping we're going to see some more things soon.

There was a minor update done right after Thanksgiving...these changes you speak of are probably from that update.

WDW1974

You can thank Siemens yet again for the plussing to SSE ... the attraction was considered done when it reopened, no matter what you hear.

It was only after company officials toured it and then listened to what guests were saying that they went back to Disney and said 'something needs to be done.'

Disney tries to do the bare minimum in FLA and usually gets away with it.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

MousDad

You can thank Siemens yet again for the plussing to SSE ... the attraction was considered done when it reopened, no matter what you hear.

It was only after company officials toured it and then listened to what guests were saying that they went back to Disney and said 'something needs to be done.'

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Of all the conjecture on this topic, this really is the most logical explanation for the bizarro nature of this 16 month behind the scenes "refurb."

tirian

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

I was exiting the attraction during one of Siemens' Guest Q&As, and made sure to tell them it didn't feel finished. I had no idea that so many Guests had complained, but I do know that many in WDI didn't like its finale (not that they were in charge).

wickedfan07

Yep.:lol:

But at least it's getting done.:D

Disney? Getting things done???

Nah.

EDIT: That is not to say I don't think there is wok being done inside SSE. However, if disney really cared or wanted SSE to be all it could be, they would have closed it again, done the job, and reopened it as soon as they could.

aladdin2007

Disney? Getting things done???

Nah.

EDIT: That is not to say I don't think there is wok being done inside SSE. However, if disney really cared or wanted SSE to be all it could be, they would have closed it again, done the job, and reopened it as soon as they could.

I agree!!! Why do Epcot redo's have so many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom