All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbodyhome

Why didn't I think to take fountain photos from the mono!?!:brick:
Silly me just makes a spectacle of myself by climbing up on planters and such.:D

It is a lot easier to do it from the monorail than the a planter (those are my photos). :) I did take a second lap, so it can be time consuming to stay on the monorail for more pics!

HMF

Original Poster
I don't mind if they changed the shape. Could be that this is the beginning of decluttering the central axis of Futureworld. :D I can only hope!
I am pretty sure it is. I mean it makes little sense to remove all the Millenium elements at once. It's better to slowly phase it out' otherwise you would have a construction zone just like DCA is now.

EPCOT Explorer

I was under the impression the fountain trees were 2006-7?

That`s what happens when you skip 6 years. You miss the details.
I think they were there for a while.:shrug: Dunno.
I am pretty sure it is. I mean it makes little sense to remove all the Millenium elements at once. It's better to slowly phase it out' otherwise you would have a construction zone just like DCA is now.

The Fountain has been there since 1982.:shrug: It was only renamed the Millennium Fountain for that year.

HMF

Original Poster
AH. It's late.:lookaroun:lookaroun
Personally I would remove all those velvet sign things from outside Mousegear' remove the canopies' whirlywigs and such. Re-paint the Project Tomorrow building dark blue. put the flower/atom logo back in the garden maybe add some more landscaping . and of course Innoventions Blue and Innoventions Green.

EpcotServo

Personally I would remove all those velvet sign things from outside Mousegear' remove the canopies' whirlywigs and such. Re-paint the Project Tomorrow building dark blue. put the flower/atom logo back in the garden maybe add some more landscaping . and of course Innoventions Blue and Innoventions Green.

Naw, don't paint the Innoventions different colors. They'd look horribly mismatched.

EPCOT Explorer

Personally I would remove all those velvet sign things from outside Mousegear remove the canopies whirlywigs and such. Re-paint the Project Tomorrow building dark blue. put the flower/atom logo back in the garden maybe add some more landscaping . and of course Innoventions Blue and Innoventions Green.
I would do the same. Make it look like the old Plaza but with that modern flair. I could definitely see the Project Tomorrow look be utilized outside. Brushed metal...Neon (in the right color) Curves and greenery...It would be nice.

HMF

Original Poster
I would do the same. Make it look like the old Plaza but with that modern flair. I could definitely see the Project Tomorrow look be utilized outside. Brushed metal...Neon (in the right color) Curves and greenery...It would be nice.
Oh I forgot about the neon. Dark Blue. as much as I hate the way the ride turned out' the aesthetics of the new SSE are awsome.BTW. as far as SSE is concerned' the fact that they have that safety video screen above the omnimover at the beginning drives me crazy because you could have easily put it on the in-vehicle screen. Now in my planned 5th version the safety video will be put into the on-board screen but I can't think of anything to do with the area where the screens are now. Any ideas?

HMF

Original Poster
A lightspeed tunnel akin to the old "babble" finale that transports you to the past?
I have that planned. However' I mean that particular area where the screens are currently shoud I have anything replace them?

EPCOT Explorer

Oh I forgot about the neon. Dark Blue. as much as I hate the way the ride turned out' the aesthetics of the new SSE are awsome.BTW. as far as SSE is concerned' the fact that they have that safety video screen above the omnimover at the beginning drives me crazy because you could have easily put it on the in-vehicle screen. Now in my planned 5th version the safety video will be put into the on-board screen but I can't think of anything to do with the area where the screens are now. Any ideas?

I kinda like it up there.:shrug:

HMF

Original Poster
I kinda like it up there.:shrug:
It makes little sense to me to have the video screen in your car and having overhead screens giving you the safety video. If utilized properly the on-board screens can be pretty effective.

Disneyson 1

What about just some nice star curtains? Everyone loves those. Maybe a "Time Machine Status" thing that shows how much power it has, how far back you're going, etc.? Other than that, the screens could be needed elsewhere.

HMF

Original Poster
What about just some nice star curtains? Everyone loves those. Maybe a "Time Machine Status" thing that shows how much power it has, how far back you're going, etc.? Other than that, the screens could be needed elsewhere.
Maybe a continuation of the blue light motif on the walls? While we are on the subject I also could use some help formulating idas for the area between the rennaisance scene and the Industrial Reveloution scene. I have three competing ideas. An animated mural depicting 19th and 20th century transportation. a blacklit mural of Van goughs Starry Night or a hidden art gallery with paintings that span the period between the Rennaisance and late 19th Century. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom