All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernonpush

So a bunch of acid etched pictures constitutes a community?:rolleyes::lol:

I think the Ws part of EPCOT is the community.

It looks O.K. But it's too close together. If it were spaced out, it might be nicer. Also, it blocks up the "floating" effect of SSE. Those legs are blue for a reason.;)
Annother issue: Concrete/Marble/Heat < Trees/Flowers/coolness. I don't want to feel like I'm in a box when in EPCOT...I want the future existing in a lush, breathable environment. The old Plaza executed that magnificently.

Each of those pictures is a peoples! I'm on there. I'm in EPCOT EVERY DAY. My Image is now had around the same life span as many of my favorite EPCOT attractions.

It's seen things. It's seen so many people walk past it. Shows have come in and gone. Attractions built...So many memories lost in time...

:lookaroun

Anyways, yes EPCOT is about the people, and I like that people are a major part of the entrance. I think they're really pretty at night when you stand in the middle of them and see the reflections of the (NONWANDED) Spaceship Earth.

I'm just saying that unlike the Wand or Pin Station Spider Web, I'd be sad to see the monuments go just to be replaced by Flower Beds.
:shrug:

(First bold quote) Were blue!
(Second bold quote) And "text boxes". But when people started putting in text panels as memorials to loved ones, then the whole thing started to become "tombstone-esque"

jt04

Well said!:lol: I quite agree on the concept! The execution is terrible, though. People are a HUGE part of the EPCOT Center concept...and that's why I think we should move these babies over to WS Plaza.:lol:

The aesthetics, are it's main issue. It clashes with SSE. Metal on metal? No...SSE should be underscored with plants and water, not more stone and metal. Bring back some trees, maybe some reflecting pools? Make the environment for SSE a welcoming one.

I wish I was in EPCOT everyday..:p

Yes a reflecting pool to reflect SSE! Still water with lighting effects and plants bordering so people don't put their kids in it.

Figment632

I know this is an Epcot thread but do you guys think there should be a thread like this for each park?

All AK all the time
All MK all the time
All DHS all the time

EpcotServo

EPCOT People when Magic Kingdom enters the Room:

This guy? Really? This party's beat, let's get out of here...

:lol:

VT GAL

Every time I see this thread near the toop, I get stoked that it's done!

My heart skipped a beat, too....My birthday trip seems so far away...

Chape19714

Not today. Not so far as I know. Not today.
But when did it happen...just then...when will then be now?
now.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom