All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenijami-xe

I just thought of something. Was the new descent Disney's idea or Siemens' idea?

Well, it was a combination of both parties. Siemens pays the bills, and they didn't want anything too flashy or cool in the descent. Why, you ask? Well, they want you, the guests, to be fully attentive to their little Siemens commercial at the end. WDI gave in because they could then spend more money on other facets of the ride.

That's the reason for the black curtains and triangles.

aladdin2007

Well, it was a combination of both parties. Siemens pays the bills, and they didn't want anything too flashy or cool in the descent. Why, you ask? Well, they want you, the guests, to be fully attentive to their little Siemens commercial at the end. WDI gave in because they could then spend more money on other facets of the ride.

Um but those curtians arent suppose to be permenant. And the triangles just havent been turned on yet, so we hear and hope. Certainly WDI did not intend to leave it in the state its in now, and if they did :brick:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

Interesting screen name... :drevil: :lookaroun

RSoxNo1

I'm entertaining the prospect of flying down for a long weekend at WDW March 6th-9th. What are the chances that the curtains are pulled back (both literally and figuratively) and Spaceship Earth is complete by this time?

aladdin2007

I'm entertaining the prospect of flying down for a long weekend at WDW March 6th-9th. What are the chances that the curtains are pulled back (both literally and figuratively) and Spaceship Earth is complete by this time?

I doubt quite that soon. The rumored time frame floating around was a general Spring 09, if they are even sticking to that. So could be anywhere between March and May and with no announcement. It will just one day be there and someone will let us all know on here.

Lee

Adventurer
If memory serves me correctly, Martin did mention something about this gondola business, even had a rendering of what it would have looked like. It showed the Italy pavilion with a large show building themed to the Roman Coliseum in the back. I believe inside would have been a boat ride similar to El Rio del Tiempo, with the boats themed to gondolas. I guess this could have been what Michael Landon was referring to? :veryconfu :shrug:

Martin, where are you? We need you here... :lookaroun :lol:

If I may be so bold as to answer for Mr. Smith...
You mean the one he did? And the map that showed where it would have gone? Right here:

Attachments

• Italy%20pavilion%20aerial%20composite%20V2%20copy.jpg
    Italy%20pavilion%20aerial%20composite%20V2%20copy.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Italy%20expansions.jpg
    Italy%20expansions.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 62

WDW Monorail

If memory serves me correctly, Martin did mention something about this gondola business, even had a rendering of what it would have looked like. It showed the Italy pavilion with a large show building themed to the Roman Coliseum in the back. I believe inside would have been a boat ride similar to El Rio del Tiempo, with the boats themed to gondolas. I guess this could have been what Michael Landon was referring to? :veryconfu :shrug:

Martin, where are you? We need you here... :lookaroun :lol:

I may not be Martin, but...

italyexpansionMartin.jpg

italyexpansion2Martin.jpg

I believe a catacomb-type walk through attraction was planned along with a gondola attraction.

GothMickey

Man, now I wish that gondola ride was built in Italy. If that is what it was going to look like, it would hve been amazing.

Mr.EPCOT

Those postcards for CommuniCore and Spaceship Earth are among the desktop backgrounds that my computer rotates through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom