All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirNim

Accoarding to the new WDW website. Spaceship Earth looks like "A giant Golf Ball looming on the Horizon." :mad:Shows you how much Disney marketing cares about SSE.:(
That phrasing isn't really consistent with Disney's typically airtight, legalese-style, corporate branding...whereby all parks are branded "Theme Parks®", all customers labeled "Guests®", and all 180-foot tall globes called "Attractions®" or alternatively "Geospheres®"...

:lookaroun

EpcotServo

Accoarding to the new WDW website. Spaceship Earth looks like "A giant Golf Ball looming on the Horizon." :mad:Shows you how much Disney marketing cares about SSE.:(

picture.php

Figments Friend

Nice pic Mr. Servo. I love Picard, and ST:TNG . :D

Speaking of Spaceship Earth being called improper names...

When i was visiting last week one of the times i rode the monorail over to EPCOT i overheard a family asking their kids if they were ..."ready to ride the Ball"...

' Ride the Ball '?? Okay...that has all kinds of alternative meanings...i won't go there....

I digress...

What was interesting is some OTHER Guests who overheard them talking about 'The Ball' spoke up and said ' Um, it's called Spaceship Earth.. not 'The Ball'....

Yeah, i was surprised to hear that..and i think the Guests were a little insulted to be 'corrected'. ( yeah, it could have come across as rude in the situation it was..)

So i wanted ask here, just for the heck of it, do you guys get all bent outta shape when people start talking about SSE as 'The Golf Ball' or just 'The Ball'?

I will admit...it can irk me sometimes, but this is from someone who calls Big Thunder Mountain 'Tony's Mountain' ( as in Tony Baxter). So i am guilty as anyone for calling attractions alternative names.

Hey, that could be a topic- Alternative names you call WDW Attractions!

Oh Lord...i need a life.........:lol:

HMF

Original Poster
Nice pic Mr. Servo. I love Picard, and ST:TNG . :D

Speaking of Spaceship Earth being called improper names...

When i was visiting last week one of the times i rode the monorail over to EPCOT i overheard a family asking their kids if they were ..."ready to ride the Ball"...

' Ride the Ball '?? Okay...that has all kinds of alternative meanings...i won't go there....

I digress...

What was interesting is some OTHER Guests who overheard them talking about 'The Ball' spoke up and said ' Um, it's called Spaceship Earth.. not 'The Ball'....

Yeah, i was surprised to hear that..and i think the Guests were a little insulted to be 'corrected'. ( yeah, it could have come across as rude in the situation it was..)

So i wanted ask here, just for the heck of it, do you guys get all bent outta shape when people start talking about SSE as 'The Golf Ball' or just 'The Ball'?

I will admit...it can irk me sometimes, but this is from someone who calls Big Thunder Mountain 'Tony's Mountain' ( as in Tony Baxter). So i am guilty as anyone for calling attractions alternative names.

Hey, that could be a topic- Alternative names you call WDW Attractions!

Oh Lord...i need a life.........:lol:
Welcome to the club.:wave::lol: BTW Epcotservo who is that in the picture you posted?

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, lighten up. :lol: Even I call it "the golf ball" from time to time. :eek:

(Besides, it does look like a golf ball. At least it doesn't have the wand next to it anymore.) :lookaroun
I call it the Geo.:shrug:

That phrasing isn't really consistent with Disney's typically airtight, legalese-style, corporate branding...whereby all parks are branded "Theme Parks®", all customers labeled "Guests®", and all 180-foot tall globes called "Attractions®" or alternatively "Geospheres®"...

:lookaroun
Disney's Epcot Theme Center.:dazzle:*shudder*

EpcotServo

Yeah...I figured I would stuff him.LOL.

It was kinda freaky, I agree.

"Oh, hold on a minute while I put the object you just gave me into the lifeless skin sack of this adorable creature I wear festooned on my back"

And...SCENE.

:lol:

(By the way, I'm trying to violently get people back into Social Groups, spread the word...:lookaroun)

EPCOT Explorer

"Oh, hold on a minute while I put the object you just gave me into the lifeless skin sack of this adorable creature I wear festooned on my back"

And...SCENE.

(By the way, I'm trying to violently get people back into Social Groups, spread the word...:lookaroun)

:lol::lol: Yeah...It was like Plush Figgy Corpse.:dazzle::(

And YES! EAC is on life support!:eek:

EpcotServo

:lol::lol: Yeah...It was like Plush Figgy Corpse.:dazzle::(

And YES! EAC is on life support!:eek:

Even though I've liked a few of those things, As one of the MST3K bots would say "that's good old fashioned Nightmare Fuel."

Yeah, seems like ever since I've gone the PADDERS are slacking in steerage. Give them an EpcotServo wake up call for me...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/picture.php?albumid=375&pictureid=4759

Ok, off to bed...

Night Epcot Thread of Record!
:snore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom